Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

checking out the landscape

I just moved back to New England after several years on the west coast. Has the landscape changed at all? Is MAPLE and Region One still the top dogs with sub-regional next? What about clubs? Are Bruno and Bayside powers on the girls side. I live in Rhode Island, but we are very close to mass.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I just moved back to New England after several years on the west coast. Has the landscape changed at all? Is MAPLE and Region One still the top dogs with sub-regional next? What about clubs? Are Bruno and Bayside powers on the girls side. I live in Rhode Island, but we are very close to mass.
    Troll alert!

Comment

Give the guy a break. His site has been down for two days and now he needs to get the pot boiling again.

Comment

There has definitely a power shift occuring. The scorpions are but a shell of their former selves, Stars are fading fast and NEFC seems to be where it's out

Comment

*where it's at

Comment

Major Troll alert. DO NOT RESPOND.

Comment

Let me ask you a question. When living on the west coast, were you living under a rock and completely oblivious of all the changes to the youth soccer scene that has taken place in every nook and cranny of this country?

Comment

I know.....and you just happened to run across TS for the 1st time.

Comment

LOL. Not the OP but interested in the discussion. The Stars contingency is going to claim "foul" because they know full well that the outcome of such a discussion is going end up pointing out how far their club has declined. The reality is in this current landscape their club is becoming irrelevant in any of these sorts of discussions which makes all the effort their supporters will put into squashing any forward looking discussion about it all that much more amusing. Sort of like a petulant child taking their ball and going home when they don't get their way. It is beyond apparent that they just cannot stand the thought of any sort of "landscape" discussion taking place because it simply doesn't involved them and that is just too painful for any of them to accept. There are several discussion points about the "landscape" that are certainly worth discussing though. Here are a few of them.

1. The impact US Club Soccer has had on the existing "landscape" pro and con
                  2. The impact the formation of an "elite" level of club soccer is having on player development and whether what has evolved in the last 5 years is helping or hurting it
                  3. The impending formation of a girls DAP and its potential impact on both the local club power hierarchy and player development
                  4. The evolution of USL Soccer and the semi-pro level and it's potential impact on both US Club Soccer and player development
                  5. How the proposed splitting and lengthening of the NCAA season might impact club soccer at the youth levels.

Comment

LOL. Not the OP but interested in the discussion. The Stars contingency is going to claim "foul" because they know full well that the outcome of such a discussion is going end up pointing out how far their club has declined. The reality is in this current landscape their club is becoming irrelevant in any of these sorts of discussions which makes all the effort their supporters will put into squashing any forward looking discussion about it all that much more amusing. Sort of like a petulant child taking their ball and going home when they don't get their way. It is beyond apparent that they just cannot stand the thought of any sort of "landscape" discussion taking place because it simply doesn't involved them and that is just too painful for any of them to accept. There are several discussion points about the "landscape" that are certainly worth discussing though. Here are a few of them.

1. The impact US Club Soccer has had on the existing "landscape" pro and con
                    2. The impact the formation of an "elite" level of club soccer is having on player development and whether what has evolved in the last 5 years is helping or hurting it
                    3. The impending formation of a girls DAP and its potential impact on both the local club power hierarchy and player development
                    4. The evolution of USL Soccer and the semi-pro level and it's potential impact on both US Club Soccer and player development
                    5. How the proposed splitting and lengthening of the NCAA season might impact club soccer at the youth levels.
                    Thanks ZTZT. Only you would try to exploit another obvious troll thread and then, in advance, attempt to legitimize by suggesting their is a big Stars audience who cares. Nothing could be further from the truth. Why can't you understand that some people here just don't like your obvious, gross, hateful, and beyond repetitive tactics? You are insatiable, incorrigible, and indefatigable.

Comment

LMFAO. The real issue is any changes in the landscape will mean that D3 bound kids like Perspective's wouldn't get a chance to pretend they are elite .

Comment

DAP & ECNL = 1 stop shopping mart for D3 coaches :)

Comment

LMFAO. The real issue is any changes in the landscape will mean that D3 bound kids like Perspective's wouldn't get a chance to pretend they are elite .
                          BTNT, why do you continually presume that most people pretend to be anything other than what they are? That doesn't mean that have to endorse false information about what it takes to get wherever they happened to get. Your obsession with others is rather pathological.

Congrats to your kid. Congrats to your Dad for an additional HOF honor. Any honors to report for yourself?

Comment

DAP & ECNL = 1 stop shopping mart for D3 coaches :)
                            So you're confirming that D3 coaches are not using middling high school games as their primary recruiting grounds?

Comment

Sure, all the D1 coaches are at the NPL events now because DAP and the ECNL are just too watered down

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X