What happened out in San Diego

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BTDT in full panic and meltdown mode. Hard to watch. I didn't think he could humiliate himself even more.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      It's a long time before tryouts begin. Is it really time for the annual "bash Stars any way possible so that our best players don't defect" fest already? It feels a little earlier than usual this year. Did you get the calendar wrong, or are things getting a little panicky over there? Last year's strategy involved the usual old fashioned coach/parent/ECNL/expense bashing, along with the new tactics regarding HS play and the new Stars complex. Those didn't work at all. Are you stuck without a good strategy this year?
      Slipping results?

Comment

Who trashes 15 yo kids?? The Stars supporters really are sick.
        Who publicly trashes 12 year old kids and players on his own team? BTDT is beyond sick. What a malignant soul.

Comment

If a 1-4-1 weekend all the way across the country isn't enough reason for discussion then what does pass for an acceptable topic on this site? We have 810 mostly negative posts in a thread about the state's most successful team yet discussing the obvious decline of the Stars is nothing but hate filled agenda. Certainly speaks to which side the bread is buttered on with the TS trolls.

Comment

If a 1-4-1 weekend all the way across the country isn't enough reason for discussion then what does pass for an acceptable topic on this site? We have 810 mostly negative posts in a thread about the state's most successful team yet discussing the obvious decline of the Stars is nothing but hate filled agenda. Certainly speaks to which side the bread is buttered on with the TS trolls.
            And DDTT out of the gates by 6:00 am. His 1547th thread devoted exclusively to Stars. Now let's see how he manages to link the D3 folks to Stars loyalty.

Comment

I just looked and CT teams didn't fare well either. What it says to me is the area teams do perfectly fine in the region but nationally lag behind many others. Is it the clubs? The training? Smaller population pools splitting the talent? Bad weather? My answer is all of the above.

Comment

I just looked and CT teams didn't fare well either. What it says to me is the area teams do perfectly fine in the region but nationally lag behind many others. Is it the clubs? The training? Smaller population pools splitting the talent? Bad weather? My answer is all of the above.
                It couldn't be the bad weather. It was sunny, in the upper 50s to low 60s, and low humidity all weekend in San Diego. The only possible negative was the wind. It played a factor in all games but with the location of the polo grounds in Del Mar it is always a factor for soccer on those fields. Both teams deal with it so it should be a non-issue.

Sometimes I think teams don't do great at these types of events based on the location. You're in one of the prettiest cities in the country and it is hard to concentrate on the most important thing at hand - playing soccer. I also don't think that all kids adjust well to the travel.

Comment

It couldn't be the bad weather. It was sunny, in the upper 50s to low 60s, and low humidity all weekend in San Diego. The only possible negative was the wind. It played a factor in all games but with the location of the polo grounds in Del Mar it is always a factor for soccer on those fields. Both teams deal with it so it should be a non-issue.

Sometimes I think teams don't do great at these types of events based on the location. You're in one of the prettiest cities in the country and it is hard to concentrate on the most important thing at hand - playing soccer. I also don't think that all kids adjust well to the travel.
                  Think the person meant the weather here, and the the impact on late winter/early spring training and preparation.

Comment

Think the person meant the weather here, and the the impact on late winter/early spring training and preparation.
                    lol that's exactly what I meant. Sunny states (which also tend to bigger states) like CA, TX, FL have some fantastic teams. I think player pool has more to do with it, but being able to practice outside on full fields (not sharing an indoor space like has to happen around here often) I think has some impact.

Comment

My suggestion to the bashers is please do a little research before speaking.
                      There were Three stars teams that went. The record discussed is not at all accurate. Finally if you check the games were mostly one point differential. Cali teams are among the best in the country.

Comment

More of a reality check. Period. That's what happened. Big travel for teams that are not even the best teams in their own state. Understandable for 16's and 17's for showcase events for college coaches to some degree. Stars is going down hill. Everyone knows that.

Cali teams are among the best. Stars is not.

Comment

More of a reality check. Period. That's what happened. Big travel for teams that are not even the best teams in their own state. Understandable for 16's and 17's for showcase events for college coaches to some degree. Stars is going down hill. Everyone knows that.

Cali teams are among the best. Stars is not.
                          and the obsession continues

Comment

and the obsession continues
                            After bashing the crap out of NEFC's administration, teams, coaches, players and parents here for years, the idea that collectively NEFC supporters shouldn't relish the opportunity to rub the Stars noses in it is just a rediculous.

Comment

After bashing the crap out of NEFC's administration, teams, coaches, players and parents here for years, the idea that collectively NEFC supporters shouldn't relish the opportunity to rub the Stars noses in it is just a rediculous.
                              Sell that song somewhere. The bashing has been 90% from NEFC (and 95% of that from one person), and the other 10% are the responses. You've been writing that last sentence for the past 5-6 years. The other truly humorous aspect of your post is the "collectively NEFC supporters." There's only one person who insists on keeping the bashing alive.

Comment

My suggestion to the bashers is please do a little research before speaking.
                                There were Three stars teams that went. The record discussed is not at all accurate. Finally if you check the games were mostly one point differential. Cali teams are among the best in the country.
                                This is true.

14's had 1 win, 2 losses
                                16's had 2 wins, 1 tie
                                17's had 3 losses

17's lost all 3 games by a 1 goal differential with the other team scoring in the final minutes of each game. And all 3 opponents were top notch teams. One was two time defending national champion.

All in all, great competition, great weather, and lots of college coaches watching the girls play.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X