Duped again?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe soccer players should stop using "fuzzy" birth certificates so that they can play against younger athletes and dominate the competition. The point of this post is that a kid with a RI drivers license cannot possibly be a 2000 birth year. This would make the player a 1998 playing against 2000's. Again, assuming this is true, then it is an unfair advantage and is cheating the system. If he really is a 2000 and driving without a license then he just is an idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Maybe soccer players should stop using "fuzzy" birth certificates so that they can play against younger athletes and dominate the competition. The point of this post is that a kid with a RI drivers license cannot possibly be a 2000 birth year. This would make the player a 1998 playing against 2000's. Again, assuming this is true, then it is an unfair advantage and is cheating the system. If he really is a 2000 and driving without a license then he just is an idiot.
      While sleazy - if he's too old - it lies more with organizations responsible for verification. I don't know if it's with DAP or the Revs, but there have been questions about the ages of some Revs players in the past.

Comment

How does the original poster know that the player is on the team with 2000 birth year players? Not trying to be sarcastic - just curious. Could he have been just practicing with that team, or is he definitely a part of it?

Comment

If he's a 2000, he shouldn't be driving a car.
          If he's not a 2000, he shouldn't be in the national pool with the 2000s.
          Shouldn't his age be easy to verify? He must have come from some club before he joined the Revs. Do some simple research and check which years he played for U10-13 (although he may have played up, if he's that good). Anyway, stupid to have an entire thread just speculating if a kid is playing in the wrong age group.

Comment

Can someone explain how a player listed on the Revs U14 roster as a 2000 manages to drive himself to and from practice in Foxboro? I could be wrong but I don’t think Rhode Island issues a driver’s license to anyone who is not at least 16.5 years old. This is a kid who has attended a couple National team camps so something doesn't add up.
            Freddy Adu's younger brother?

Comment

How does the original poster know that the player is on the team with 2000 birth year players? Not trying to be sarcastic - just curious. Could he have been just practicing with that team, or is he definitely a part of it?
              Revs rosters are posted online. Public information. Birthdays included.

Comment

Revs rosters are posted online. Public information. Birthdays included.
                Possibilities:

1) Player is lying and Revs and/or DAP didn't catch it
                2) Player is lying and Revs and/or DAP doesn't care
                3) OP has player confused with another player or team
                4) OP is full of sh** and wants to cause problems for a teenage kid or the Revs

# 1 and #2 - definitely could see either with the Revs. DAP not so much, especially if he's doing national camps.

But, more likely it's 3 or 4. Hopefully 3 because 4 means OP is a dbag and TS has gone down yet another level into the circle of hell

Comment

Possibilities:

1) Player is lying and Revs and/or DAP didn't catch it
                  2) Player is lying and Revs and/or DAP doesn't care
                  3) OP has player confused with another player or team
                  4) OP is full of sh** and wants to cause problems for a teenage kid or the Revs

# 1 and #2 - definitely could see either with the Revs. DAP not so much, especially if he's doing national camps.

But, more likely it's 3 or 4. Hopefully 3 because 4 means OP is a dbag and TS has gone down yet another level into the circle of hell
                  Or #5 the kid is foreign born and holds a handful of birth certificates which he uses to fit whatever his situation.

Comment

Simple question: Does this kid have a driver's license?

Comment

Or #5 the kid is foreign born and holds a handful of birth certificates which he uses to fit whatever his situation.
                      Or #6 parents are insane enough to let an unlicensed kid drive.

I'm going with #3 just because I would hope the other reasons aren't true. But the original poster would rather ask the question on an anonymous forum rather than ask the player, a parent or someone at the Revs.

Comment

Or #6 parents are insane enough to let an unlicensed kid drive.

I'm going with #3 just because I would hope the other reasons aren't true. But the original poster would rather ask the question on an anonymous forum rather than ask the player, a parent or someone at the Revs.
                        So why doesn't the OP just record the incident next week?

Comment

Simple question: Does this kid have a driver's license?
                          To seacoast parents minorities all look the same

Comment

OP here. Gotta love this forum. Thanks to those who hurled insults and made inaccurate assumptions about my motive. Your comments do not change the facts. His teammates saw the kid get in a car after practice and drive away so it’s not a case of mistaken identity. And for the record, the success or failure of this kid has zero impact on the opportunities available to my own. If he really is a 2000, I wish him well. If he is not a 2000, my criticism is directed toward the adults in this kid’s life and the questionable decisions they are making on his behalf. This happens every so often in soccer as well as other sports. Parents and managers are usually to blame. While it might provide a boost in the short term, it never seems to work out in the long run.

Comment

OP here. Gotta love this forum. Thanks to those who hurled insults and made inaccurate assumptions about my motive. Your comments do not change the facts. His teammates saw the kid get in a car after practice and drive away so it’s not a case of mistaken identity. And for the record, the success or failure of this kid has zero impact on the opportunities available to my own. If he really is a 2000, I wish him well. If he is not a 2000, my criticism is directed toward the adults in this kid’s life and the questionable decisions they are making on his behalf. This happens every so often in soccer as well as other sports. Parents and managers are usually to blame. While it might provide a boost in the short term, it never seems to work out in the long run.
                              As someone mentioned before...You have a few choices...1 Report it or 2 Sit down and shut the F up....kind of simple...Don't you think?:D

Comment

Of course I already did...I'm not going to stand around like you pansies and let it go. Even though it doesn't directly affect my kid, what kind of lesson is that to teach?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X