Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    That's what is wrong in country. The perceived value of last place being ok. Everyone gets a trophy mentality? Not so much.
    I never mentioned anything about what PLACE any team was in. In the grand scheme it doesn't matter.

Comment

That's what is wrong in country. The perceived value of last place being ok. Everyone gets a trophy mentality? Not so much.
      Do you realize UCONN Women's B-ball team scrimages starting 5 v reserve 8 and they (the starters) frequently lose? Does not seem to have hurt them much. Wins and losses don't matter much until after U14. If your kid is struggling they are learning.

- Cujo

Comment

Do you realize UCONN Women's B-ball team scrimages starting 5 v reserve 8 and they (the starters) frequently lose? Does not seem to have hurt them much. Wins and losses don't matter much until after U14. If your kid is struggling they are learning.

- Cujo
        Come on, Cujo, you have to admit the U14 and U16 DAP teams are not good. Some at Seacoast think the U16 is the worst U16 DAP team Seacoast has ever produced. You also know they are on probation from DAP.

Comment

Come on, Cujo, you have to admit the U14 and U16 DAP teams are not good. Some at Seacoast think the U16 is the worst U16 DAP team Seacoast has ever produced. You also know they are on probation from DAP.
          The 14's are improving as they become familiar with each other. Not sure what the problem is with the 16's. I haven't done any of their games but do know that the 14's I saw several years ago had some very strong players. Not sure who remains from that group.

Not a big fan of DAP at younger ages so I will reserve my opinion. At the highest levels pay to play is a fail. In that context DAP itself is a flawed product.

They have a very strong group of 11's and 12's coming up.

- Cujo

Comment

Teaching soccer comes in a very distant 3nd place at Seacoast United behind growing the monopoly in northern New England and making money.

Greatly lacking in coaches who seem to actually care about coaching based on lack of practices and coaches excitment level at games and practices.
            Totally agree, I am not a big fan of there's. Each of there locations is left to fend for themselves, each group operates independently but hampton/Epping will take away the better players if they want leaving newer clubs short players.
            There junior academy program is a joke "just a way to suck town level players is in. $20 to try out and everyone makes it, constant rotation of coaches that do not even know the kids names.
            At the U12 plus groups not much chance of getting moved up a level over kids that have been paying $2500 a year for 4 plus years because that's garentee money and that's what there about.
            Most kids are and always will be town level players paying $2500 a year to play.
            Most coaches are only interested in keeping there green card.

Comment

The 14's are improving as they become familiar with each other. Not sure what the problem is with the 16's. I haven't done any of their games but do know that the 14's I saw several years ago had some very strong players. Not sure who remains from that group.

Not a big fan of DAP at younger ages so I will reserve my opinion. At the highest levels pay to play is a fail. In that context DAP itself is a flawed product.

- Cujo
              Much of DAP is not pay to play! I heard there was a big increase in tuition for next year to pay for the U16/U18 DAP going free. All the other kids (in the entire Seacoast program) have to pick up around $150 per player.

On the U14's, how long does it take to "get to know" each other. They have been together for 9 months now and the loss this weekend against Revs shows they have not improved. They will be done in a few months and most will leave or be religated to the pre-academy. Maybe one or two can make the U16, but that's it.

Comment

Much of DAP is not pay to play! I heard there was a big increase in tuition for next year to pay for the U16/U18 DAP going free. All the other kids (in the entire Seacoast program) have to pick up around $150 per player.

On the U14's, how long does it take to "get to know" each other. They have been together for 9 months now and the loss this weekend against Revs shows they have not improved. They will be done in a few months and most will leave or be religated to the pre-academy. Maybe one or two can make the U16, but that's it.
                9 months is not enough. Affinity between players takes years to develop. This is one of the inherent flaws of youth soccer. SUSC's younger non-DAP teams tend to stay together for years. DAP turns that on its ear. I don't consider a loss to a stronger program as a failure. The 18's are pretty good. Isn't (or wasn't) that the entire point of DAP? To produce finished players by U18?

- Cujo

Comment

Club is in a tough position. Some of the younger kids go to Seacoast because they dream of being the best and playing Academy. Most will fail. At that point, they realize the cost doesnt warrant the hassle... Distance, being treated poorly, etc. Unfortunately some are stuck there due to lack of options if you live in the Seacoast area. It's a very pompous club... Terrible management at the top in terms of respecting their customers.

Comment

- Cujo
                    Yes, if you look at the 14's results from the first three games in the fall, they have improved quite a bit. I've also watched quite a bit of the 11's & 12's indoors over the winter and they do have some talented players on those teams. I disagree with one poster regarding the quality of the junior academy. While I can't speak for the other club locations, the junior academy in Hampton was well run this year. My kid's coach didn't miss one session and was very enthusiastic when teaching the group. Player development was absolutely the focus.

Comment

- Cujo
                      They also scrimmage against various men made up of kids going to the womens training sessions

Comment

Yes, if you look at the 14's results from the first three games in the fall, they have improved quite a bit. I've also watched quite a bit of the 11's & 12's indoors over the winter and they do have some talented players on those teams. I disagree with one poster regarding the quality of the junior academy. While I can't speak for the other club locations, the junior academy in Hampton was well run this year. My kid's coach didn't miss one session and was very enthusiastic when teaching the group. Player development was absolutely the focus.
                        The junior academy is well run, huh?
                        Seacoast ran their own tournament a few weeks ago. The Seacoast junior academy 12 year old team was scheduled to play in the 14 year old bracket against teams from Maine, Rhode Island, and CANADA! The games were on the HOME FIELD of the U 12 team. If you had to guess which of the four teams(coaches) would not show up AND not even bother to let anyone know, which of the four do you think it would be?
                        Parents and players from Maine, Rhode Island, and Canada drove many miles (in March,THIS WINTER) and got hotel rooms to play this team only to find out they weren't there. And they didn't tell anyone.

Comment

I think you are getting mixed up. The Junior Academy is their Development Program for younger players before they get in their club teams. This wasn't a Junior Academy team who didn't show up for the tournament as this is strictly an Indoor Training Program...

We've had our children in the club for years. They started in the Junior Academy and it was always a great experience and extremely professional. Now in Club Teams and we couldn't be happier. Coaches who genuinely care about the players.

Comment

Some great coaches and some not so great. The top coaches at the club are some of the best in the region.

Comment

that's what they tell people

Comment

My child is not on it, but I know for a fact that at least one team has Sunday as a practice day. In other words, even though they are promised two practices a week, they often just have one or have even practiced right BEFORE games on a Sunday.

Personally been part of 4 teams, 4 coaches. 1 Very good coach. 2 terrible. 1 average at best.
                                Will be investigating other options for next year but bonds are formed so you want to make sure any decision is a sound one. To anyone at Seacoast reading this, parents are paying good money in trying times to play for you. It's not asking too much to find coaches that seem to care about their job. You need to send monitors to some practices and see exactly what goes on, and more imporatantly, what doesn't go on at practices.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X