Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Stars missing key players. Using U16 players and players from second team.
    0-0 at half.Stars Had nothing in second half. No subs. That being said NEFC was a better team. Very deep and talented.
    That is a pretty good showing then from Stars. Prom night will do that to teams this time of the year!

Comment

That is a pretty good showing then from Stars. Prom night will do that to teams this time of the year!
      This reliance upon substitutes at top-flight is becoming ridiculous for 2 reasons
      1: it has become an excuse for a poor showing or result
      2: these are young, soon to be men, who are in the athletic prime of their life; they should be able to finish a match without needing a sub.
      Sad state of affairs when so many hands go up during a match...
      They should be in better shape

Please share your excuses

Comment

Stars missing key players. Using U16 players and players from second team.
        0-0 at half.Stars Had nothing in second half. No subs. That being said NEFC was a better team. Very deep and talented.
        I have found over the years that "key" players rarely miss a game.
        They lost. We don't need a reason why.

Comment

I have found over the years that "key" players rarely miss a game.
          They lost. We don't need a reason why.
          Key players can't play if they have had surgery or torn ligaments. But I basically agree with what you are saying. Maybe they will get another chance with some of these talented players back in the lineup this week and next.

I don't completely agree with the statement that key players rarely miss a game. I have seen All Americans, All Staters miss games. If it was for the championship these players would give it their best shot and play.

NEFC is the best team in Ma. and one of the top three in NE. They could beat the DAP teams.
          So could GPS and CFC. Stars and Scorpions could also beat DAP teams especially Bolts
          at full strength on certain days

Comment

Key players can't play if they have had surgery or torn ligaments. But I basically agree with what you are saying. Maybe they will get another chance with some of these talented players back in the lineup this week and next.

I don't completely agree with the statement that key players rarely miss a game. I have seen All Americans, All Staters miss games. If it was for the championship these players would give it their best shot and play.

NEFC is the best team in Ma. and one of the top three in NE. They could beat the DAP teams.
            So could GPS and CFC. Stars and Scorpions could also beat DAP teams especially Bolts
            at full strength on certain days
            Of course they miss a game or two, but that excuse is thrown around here like darts every time somebody loses a match.

Comment

Final Four for U17 Sate Cup on Saturday

Stars vs WUP
              NEFC vs GPS

Final four for NPL

CFC vs Stars
              NEFC vs GPS

NEFC and GPS have to play each other in the first round of both tournaments.

Predictions

State Cup
              Final
              Stars vs NEFC
              NEFC winner

NPL
              CFC vs NEFC
              NEFC winner.

I am not an NEFC parent. They are very good

Comment

Too bad that NEFC and GPS play each other in the first round of both. These two teams have played each other very close since U13. Players have come and gone but it is always a well played and entertaining game. Stars can and should make their first state cup final and too hard to predict who they will face.

Comment

Final Four for U17 Sate Cup on Saturday

Stars vs WUP
                  NEFC vs GPS

Final four for NPL

CFC vs Stars
                  NEFC vs GPS

NEFC and GPS have to play each other in the first round of both tournaments.

Predictions

State Cup
                  Final
                  Stars vs NEFC
                  NEFC winner

NPL
                  CFC vs NEFC
                  NEFC winner.

I am not an NEFC parent. They are very good
                  Nobody cares about U17 boys. You are too late to the show. The views on this thread prove this and it's a well known development fact. please give it up on U17's.

Comment

Nobody cares about U17 boys. You are too late to the show. The views on this thread prove this and it's a well known development fact. please give it up on U17's.
                    wow, go away a-hole

Comment

17 years old? Might as well retire from the sport and start to think about giving up the dream. Crack the books and make something of yourselves.

Comment

17 years old? Might as well retire from the sport and start to think about giving up the dream. Crack the books and make something of yourselves.
                        Unless you want to play soccer at Merrimack to basically remain fit. just like taking a male spin class.

Comment

Yeah, give it up. Where do you think you can go from here? A college team or something? Get real! Those guys are looking at..... oh yeah, 17-18 year olds!

If that fails, there is a U50 thread too.

Comment

As if any of your youngins in the younger age groups are going to become elite players. ROFL. Keep dreaming there big guy.

Comment

Stars Team very different than one Thunder played TG. Forza, Liverpool, Hammer, Blazers, Vikings, etc. just don't play the same competition week in and week out.
                              Liverpool game should be good.
                              Based on what I saw last Friday night, it's the Stars who need to play better competition. Liverpool and Stars drew 1-1, but the Stars were never dangerous. Their goal was flukey and aside from long shot that sailed just past the far post in the 2nd half, never threatened (in fact, I think they managed only a couple of shots the entire game). They do a nice job in midfield, but it all seems to fall apart moving the ball into the final third. Liverpool, on the other hand, lived in the Stars' box, but didn't finish. They did beat the Stars's GK for what would have been the game-winner, but a Stars defender was able to play it away as it began to cross the line into the goal. Anyway, that was a draw that felt like a loss. Same with Sunday's match vs. Revolution. A temporary lapse five minutes into the match cost Liverpool and forced them to play from behind. They were all over Revolution United the rest of the game, got a goal to draw even, but couldn't find that second one. Draws against two weaker teams bookending a surprising (even lucky win) over a good Nordic team that won it all. Nordic played very well and Liverpool, not so much. Liverpool got the lone goal of the game on a set piece midway through the second half, but were under constant pressure from Nordic.

And Stars - don't give me the whole we were missing players thing. Liverpool was missing four due the Prom and played with two reserves (who schedules Proms on Memorial Day weekend anyway?).

Comment

You don't play USSDA soccer at one time or another. You are not playing Division 1 soccer. point, paragraph, the end.
                                Yes total nonsense. There are a lot of great players that dont/cant play USSDA.

I would guess there are fewer USSDA teams then Divison 1 schools.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X