Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    "Most bitter poster award" for 2015, goes to this gem!
    I agree, you can't find a bigger loser in life than the person who started this one.

Comment

It must now be "mandatory" for parents to defend sss on TS.
      Not a parent, but a coach who witnesses her success at younger ages with regularity. Not sure how she does it, but it works.

Comment

Not a parent, but a coach who witnesses her success at younger ages with regularity. Not sure how she does it, but it works.
        It's called working with girls when they are 4-5 years old and training the crap out of them so when they are 8-9, they already have 5 years of training under their belt.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1517536]Not a parent, but a coach who witnesses her success at younger ages with regularity. Not sure how she does it, but it works

Merging teams at games and avoiding breakers, nefc and stars.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1517601]
            Not a parent, but a coach who witnesses her success at younger ages with regularity. Not sure how she does it, but it works

Merging teams at games and avoiding breakers, nefc and stars.
            I feed my dog "Select" dog food. But it is still the part of the cow that went over the fence last......

Comment

It's called working with girls when they are 4-5 years old and training the crap out of them so when they are 8-9, they already have 5 years of training under their belt.
              This post, in a nutshell, illustrates the insanity of the youth soccer world. I watched a U10 game last weekend of a couple high level teams. Robotic clones playing uninpired & unimaginative soccer. I am done with youth soccer.

Comment

Come to one of our games--it is chaotic beauty interspersed with flashes of skill and daring, a whole lot of joy, and some occasional tactical awareness. How do we do it? Skills and Drills and coaches who let the kids figure most of the rest on their own. We lose a lot of games against robo-teams and hyper aggressive body-bangers at the u-little level, but we all know what is really important at those ages. Our kids will restore your faith in youth soccer.

Comment

So why not just get the ball to the goal scoring striker?
                  Isn't winning more important?

Comment

Come to one of our games--it is chaotic beauty interspersed with flashes of skill and daring, a whole lot of joy, and some occasional tactical awareness. How do we do it? Skills and Drills and coaches who let the kids figure most of the rest on their own. We lose a lot of games against robo-teams and hyper aggressive body-bangers at the u-little level, but we all know what is really important at those ages. Our kids will restore your faith in youth soccer.
                    A whole lot of joy is the most important thing

Comment

This post, in a nutshell, illustrates the insanity of the youth soccer world. I watched a U10 game last weekend of a couple high level teams. Robotic clones playing uninpired & unimaginative soccer. I am done with youth soccer.
                      Kids are afraid to be creative, as the goal with many of these clubs is to win games. Unfortunately this comes at the expense of development and creativity. Winning should not even be considered until the kids are in high school. This would allow kids to be creative and discourage the practice of choosing based solely on size and speed. Nothing at the National level will change unless the clubs start changing their practices of winning at all cost.

Comment

If more folk hid in the bushes and watched a LL training session, we'd have alot better soccer players...
                        Why would anyone need to hide in the bushes? Would it make any difference if we folk just stood and watched?

Comment

Why would anyone need to hide in the bushes? Would it make any difference if we folk just stood and watched?
                          Trade secrets must remain that...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X