X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are we changing back to the old age system

https://cincysc.com/us-soccer-mullin...2u6l1CsvYEjkDQ

It would be nice for kids to play with their classmates. My kids play up so it does not affect them but the change was stupid.

Comment

Dumbest thing US soccer ever did. Da plays January, other 99.9 percent goes on with their lives.

Comment

Let DA keep calendar year and let everyone else return to school grade. Why have such a stupid system to benefit a fraction of 1% of US players that "might" go pro or play on the NT some day? Players of that caliber don't need it (they will stand out regardless of when their birthday falls) and it has a negative impact on thousands of players each year.

Comment

Will be sub-par product anyway so does it really matter?

3rd-4th tier players, sure let them play with their classmates... why not?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
            Let DA keep calendar year and let everyone else return to school grade. Why have such a stupid system to benefit a fraction of 1% of US players that "might" go pro or play on the NT some day? Players of that caliber don't need it (they will stand out regardless of when their birthday falls) and it has a negative impact on thousands of players each year.
            The club teams in England don’t use calendar year. Somehow they can figure out the kids birth year for national teams.

Comment

Why exactly is one date on the calendar any better than another? It’s not. Spare me the “play with their classmates” garbage. Whaaaa whaaaaa. Fvcking first world millennial hardships. Sorry, your pumpkin latte isn’t at the exact right temperature. Deal with it.

Comment

Why exactly is one date on the calendar any better than another? It’s not. Spare me the “play with their classmates” garbage. Whaaaa whaaaaa. Fvcking first world millennial hardships. Sorry, your pumpkin latte isn’t at the exact right temperature. Deal with it.
                You seem the one struggling to deal.

System works better for the majority when organized by school years. Solves the trapped player problem and the logistical reality that most families know other families from their school year. Deal with it.

Comment

So which State school date should we use? The cut-off by state varies from July 31 to January 1st. Florida is September 1st. Plus, the are 4 states where the cut-off date isn't even mandated by the State it's a local rule. Jan 1st seems like as good as date as any to me. My son plays on a team with half the kids in a grade higher and none of them care one bit about it.

Comment

Swimming and Baseball use May 1st; Basketball and Rugby use Sept 1st. As far as I'm concerned a date is a date, put one and stick with it.

Comment

Feel better? Need another tissue and a tampon?

Comment

Birth year makes the most sense and leaves no one guessing. How about all the teams that are already playing together they have to get broken up?

Comment

Birth year makes the most sense and leaves no one guessing. How about all the teams that are already playing together they have to get broken up?
                          US Soccer needs to blow everything up and start from scratch. The men's team is a joke on the international stage. We are not even the best team in North America. Whatever development is being done currently isn't getting the players ready for top-level soccer.

Comment

Feel better? Need another tissue and a tampon?
                            Put the fat kids together. A holes together. Rich kids together. LOL

Comment

Swimming and Baseball use May 1st; Basketball and Rugby use Sept 1st. As far as I'm concerned a date is a date, put one and stick with it.
                              But, but, but....classmates! whaaaaaaaa

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL at you cry babies. If it wasn't this, then it would something to complain about.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X