X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ECNL Regional Teams

I promise, this is not trolling....

I do have a question on the ECNL Regional Teams/League. I was under the impression these teams have the same resources and go to the same "events" as the ECNL teams do. I understand it's essentially just a rebranded Northeast NPL and will compete in a separate league. I didn't see any of them in SC....was I misinformed?

No national showcase events

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

I do have a question on the ECNL Regional Teams/League. I was under the impression these teams have the same resources and go to the same "events" as the ECNL teams do. I understand it's essentially just a rebranded Northeast NPL and will compete in a separate league. I didn't see any of them in SC....was I misinformed?
      Those teams do not go to the ECNL showcase events. They just rebranded NPL which never went to those events.

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
        i promise, this is not trolling....

I do have a question on the ecnl regional teams/league. I was under the impression these teams have the same resources and go to the same "events" as the ecnl teams do. I understand it's essentially just a rebranded northeast npl and will compete in a separate league. I didn't see any of them in sc....was i misinformed?
        ecrl*

Comment

More parents get to say "ECNL" when they're talking about their kid, so everyone wins!

Comment

More parents get to say "ECNL" when they're talking about their kid, so everyone wins!
            Stars was able to double the number of teams in every ECNL and every "Regional" level. Win/win you get to say Stars and the tax sheets show a hefty increase in earnings for last year.

Comment

At least they don’t have to say they play DA

Comment

Those teams do not go to the ECNL showcase events. They just rebranded NPL which never went to those events.
                I believe that the winners of each ECNL Regional conference will play in the lowest bracket of the ECNL national playoffs.

Comment

I believe that the winners of each ECNL Regional conference will play in the lowest bracket of the ECNL national playoffs.

Aah, OK, that's the "carrot" (and I don't mean that negatively).

I must've been misinformed as I had the wrong impression on the visibility these players would be getting.

Thank you for your information

Comment

At least they don’t have to say they play DA
                    There's always one.....

Comment

It's funny that people get so up in arms about this. The league already existed. It was Northeast NPL. They swapped one patch out for a different patch. It's really not a big deal.

Comment

It's funny that people get so up in arms about this. The league already existed. It was Northeast NPL. They swapped one patch out for a different patch. It's really not a big deal.
                        Exactly right. There was not great money grab, just a small savings of shifting league fees from NPL back to themselves (ECNL). Additionally, the branding is improved for parents, the less-travel positioning is maintained, and the opportunity to win the region and go to the ECNL playoffs with many college coaches in attendance.

Kind of makes sense, but people like to hate on success

Comment

Exactly right. There was not great money grab, just a small savings of shifting league fees from NPL back to themselves (ECNL). Additionally, the branding is improved for parents, the less-travel positioning is maintained, and the opportunity to win the region and go to the ECNL playoffs with many college coaches in attendance.

Kind of makes sense, but people like to hate on success
                          Give it some time. It’s year one of the ECRL roll out. If it is implemented nation wide over the next couple years it’ll begin to mirror ECNL even more.

Comment

Gotta love the people that now crow "my daughter plays on an ECNL team". Too funny.

Comment

Gotta love the people that now crow "my daughter plays on an ECNL team". Too funny.
                              I will steal prior poster's phrase. "give it time"
                              Parents are keenly aware of differentiators (blue vs. white, ecNl, ecRl) and quick to distinguish and specify

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X