Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Again you are wrong....

HS finals aren't until after the first of the year. That statement in itself proves that you are clueless.

Comment

Couple different posters are responding to you, I'm the first one. I watched a whole half of the Houston vs Reign game, it's the first DA soccer I have watched in a long time. Again, I was simply shocked at the low level of play. Maybe they were short handed since it's a school week or have players stashed at older ages but being totally honest and I'm a Reign FC fan, those looked like B teams. I would bet that the XF B team would beat either of those teams very easily.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Again you are wrong....

HS finals aren't until after the first of the year. That statement in itself proves that you are clueless.

Comment

Again you are wrong....

The one and done and calling up from only GDA were too much for you, Straw Man. Perhaps, you do not live in a school district or your dd doesn't attend a private school that follows a semester schedule.

Comment

Couple different posters are responding to you, I'm the first one. I watched a whole half of the Houston vs Reign game, it's the first DA soccer I have watched in a long time. Again, I was simply shocked at the low level of play. Maybe they were short handed since it's a school week or have players stashed at older ages but being totally honest and I'm a Reign FC fan, those looked like B teams. I would bet that the XF B team would beat either of those teams very easily.
          Have to be careful when mentioning the Reign. Reign parents are beyond fanatical, sacrificing their dds on the altar of pay to play soccer. Well, I guess I can say the same for ECNL, too. :)

The dilution is not just the Reign, but across our local ECNL teams. What you are seeing is the unequal level of skills and talent within the team. Just to put into context of pre-DA XF, you would have #1-4 would be impact players, #5-11 would be solid players, #12-14 would be good contributors, and #15-18 would occasional contributors, but still better than the B team players. They can play as a cohesive team and win.

Now, with the 6 teams to fill the benches, #1-2 would be impact players, #3-6 solid players, #7-9 would be good contributors, #10-11 would be occasional contributors, #12-14 B team players, #15-18 shouldn't be there. Speed of play and skills mismatch disrupt any team cohesion and results in individual heroics to win versus team play. That is what you are seeing. There isn't enough talent to fill 6 clubs and win in showcases and league.

If your team doesn't win in league or show well in showcases, what is the point of this all? We are trying to get our dd recruited to play in college. Think how much money, time, effort, talent AND great grades and test scores in hs to produce a college level candidate player. Competition for talent will intensify between the clubs and development will take a second seat compared to recruiting talent.

So what does this mean for parents? Pick the coach your dd likes and the coach believes in the your kid and a winning team. Move if it doesn't benefit you. Development? That is on your time and dime. Good luck.

Comment

Curious, why is there no mention of the time sacrificed from the boys DA like there is on the girls side? They miss tons of school yet nobody ever mentions this. For male players with pro aspirations, most all never make it and playing in college is as far most go, like on the girls DA/ECNL side.

Comment

Curious, why is there no mention of the time sacrificed from the boys DA like there is on the girls side? They miss tons of school yet nobody ever mentions this. For male players with pro aspirations, most all never make it and playing in college is as far most go, like on the girls DA/ECNL side.
              The Reign Academy travels more than Sounders Academy. Also, Sounders pay, so not every player goes on every trip. Reign travels almost monthly & parents pay & some kids play a lot less

Comment

US Soccer hates kids, but loves our money. Look how they screwed up girl's soccer by adding GDA and wrecking everything. I dunno who was screaming there wasn't parity for girls like the boys to cause this mess. Well, here we are. Great job in parity.

Not to be undone by the success of GDA, boy's DA now have the two tier system of MLS vs B team DA. Wait there is more, expanded boy's ECNL. Money, money, money and the clubs are playing along getting paid. No worries. Pretty soon nobody is going to be talking about girl's or boy's soccer because the best players will come from outside of the US and take the slots in college ball. Curse you, pee-wee soccer! Why couldn't my kid like something cheaper like
                polo? :)

Comment

Rumor- Amanda Cromwell headed to Seattle Reign.

Comment

Can you share the source of this rumor?

Comment

US Soccer hates kids, but loves our money. Look how they screwed up girl's soccer by adding GDA and wrecking everything. I dunno who was screaming there wasn't parity for girls like the boys to cause this mess. Well, here we are. Great job in parity.

Not to be undone by the success of GDA, boy's DA now have the two tier system of MLS vs B team DA. Wait there is more, expanded boy's ECNL. Money, money, money and the clubs are playing along getting paid. No worries. Pretty soon nobody is going to be talking about girl's or boy's soccer because the best players will come from outside of the US and take the slots in college ball. Curse you, pee-wee soccer! Why couldn't my kid like something cheaper like
                      polo? :)
                      +1 Or track...

Comment

That is interesting...

2013 Soccer America National Coach of the Year Amanda Cromwell.

Amanda was cited in this article a few years back, "Soccer’s ugly sexism is keeping women from coaching the beautiful game"

Maybe a nice fit if it's true.

Comment

none

would be the dumbest move ever unless she's fired for being involved with the fake player on her team a few years ago (which I assume she had to be involved with.)

Comment

would be the dumbest move ever unless she's fired for being involved with the fake player on her team a few years ago (which I assume she had to be involved with.)
                            Yikes, You are right! Didn't know she was at the reigns when they had a fake player for a year. I respectfully withdraw my enthusiasm for her arrival.

Lauren Isackson was admitted to UCLA as an athletic recruit in 2016. Her parents have been charged with conspiring to bribe a UCLA coach to pass her off as a recruit. Prosecutors say Isackson did not play competitive soccer. (UCLA)

UCLA has initiated a review of the allegations facing its soccer programs. Women’s soccer coach Amanda Cromwell did not respond to a request for comment from The Times earlier this week.

Daaaaaaaamn!

https://thecomeback.com/ncaa/admissi...on-soccer.html

Comment

Can you share the source of this rumor?
                              Rumor only. http://www.bigsoccer.com/threads/aca...105595/page-20

Comment

I don't see how a coach can not know about a player on the roster. However, it doesn't seem like she was implicated or charged with a crime. It is possible she aided in the investigation. Maybe she sniffed it out and reported it. Snitches get new contracts!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X