Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I have to agree with this. He has everything to do with my kids development and my kid is where she is at because of him and the RU staff and those are FACTS. Sure people will have their own opinion of that but I know this for a fact and they will tell you themselves that they love the RU staff as family and none of my kids play for RU but they know that without MO's overseeing their development and putting them in the right place and with the right people it would not be happening for them on the next level. PROUD RU fan I am and they are my FAMILY and always will be.
    your kid is where she is because of who SHE is and how she was raised. Im sure there are MANY influences on her life of which MO and PDA are one. Your family and her are the biggest ones BY FAR. Thats one of th reasons why there are many other kids who have had the same exposure to MO and PDA who are not close to where yours is.

I give all credit to the parents and the kids, the rest, not so much.

Comment

That's weird because I saw him at most if not all days of training unless his team was travelling. I know you are disappointed about us losing to CCS but lets be honest here at least. Its a good thing to be upset about the loss I am still annoyed but I know at the end there will be only one happy team the rest will be disappointed just as we are. Maybe their days of happiness are stretched out but they will feel what we are feeling. Just look at G-Town. They lost to West Virginia. Or How about Monmouth losing to Brown. Both disappointing loses.
      There will only be one winner of the NCAAs, but any parent whose kid has had a rewarding season ( define that how you want) should be extremely happy and grateful for it.

The losses you refer to are really not that disappointing. West Virginia are a tough team and I believe Brown had a higher RPI than Monmouth. Losing to CCSU at home is the worst loss of that group and its not close. When you play the way Mike does, most games will be close. Live by the sword and die by it .

Comment

Gulp, gulp, gulp...drinking the koolaide again. Not the top academy anymore...one of the top. There are several.

In a water down soccer environment, there is no top academy or soccer league anymore. You are talking days when Dorrance/assts would attend PDA practices. Hasn't happened in at least 5 yrs.
        PDA develops quality teams

They very rarely develop top players anymore. Although there is always an exception or 2

Everyone is a cog in the machine

Comment

That's weird because I saw him at most if not all days of training unless his team was travelling. I know you are disappointed about us losing to CCS but lets be honest here at least. Its a good thing to be upset about the loss I am still annoyed but I know at the end there will be only one happy team the rest will be disappointed just as we are. Maybe their days of happiness are stretched out but they will feel what we are feeling. Just look at G-Town. They lost to West Virginia. Or How about Monmouth losing to Brown. Both disappointing loses.
          No hard feelings really.
          Pda is a great program that mike is responsible for building.
          They recruit players better than any club and don’t gave to do much to get them to come.

But by no means do they develop from a young age.

Look at the 05 blue team great team but have 2 players from when they u9 team

So don’t be offended when I say he doesn’t have anything to do with their development as they have been developed at all different clubs in nj
          4 players from u10 the rest were recruited along the way.

Comment

He's at games, coaching, watching and providing feedback. Selecting players for RU or promote in ECNL/Nat team.
            Exactly not with younger players as they develop
            Thanks for proving my point

Comment

Rutgers is a joke, to even put programs like UVA and UNC in the same sentence as Rutgers is an insult to those programs. They would never lose to a minnow like CCSU (by the way never even heard of them before this game). We simply need to expand our recruiting to other clubs as what we’re bringing in from PDA is not cutting it.

Comment

Again you’ve failed to read and understand.

I said ( fit the 3rd time now) He is only involved with the “hs” age players.

He is not involved with the younger players development

I wish I was there to read it slowly to you so you can soak
                It in
                Are you saying that once you hit a certain age group, you can no longer learn and develop? HS is still being developed. No wonder pda is a sinking ship.

Comment

He's at games, coaching, watching and providing feedback. Selecting players for RU or promote in ECNL/Nat team.
                  Exactly...involved in development when the kids are hs age.
                  That dude is a moron who thinks this isnt development, selection process and coaching. And moron, as the DOC (yep caps again) he dictates the development process to the u-littles as well. Shall i pour another round of koolaide for you.

Comment

Exactly not with younger players as they develop
                    Thanks for proving my point
                    Hahaha...he is the director of coaching for the entire club. Azzhat.

Comment

Those head coaches are not directly involved in those kids at any time until they arrive on campus. Big mike cant say that. He put them together in hs.
                      Totally different.

Comment

your kid is where she is because of who SHE is and how she was raised. Im sure there are MANY influences on her life of which MO and PDA are one. Your family and her are the biggest ones BY FAR. Thats one of th reasons why there are many other kids who have had the same exposure to MO and PDA who are not close to where yours is.

I give all credit to the parents and the kids, the rest, not so much.
                        Thanks but again we can agree to disagree. I give PDA and MO all the credit because without the ENVIRONMENT they provided there I can tell you no way. That ENVIRONMENT includes all the kids that are there and all the kids that they played with and against. The soccer ENVIRONMENT that NJ produces is not matched in any part of the country. My kid is successful is because of your kid and my neighbors kids etc. My kids are growing up and grew up under the RU influence and I tell everyone my kids are RU products thats just a FACT. Sure their mother and I drove them from place to place but it was the ENVIRONMENT that was created at those places that my kids wanted to be a part of and that they struggled in to survive. Again we can agree to disagree but my kids are the product of RU and PDA with the likes of all of NJ, PA and NY because the kids from those areas are the kids that she either trained with or competed against for the most part of their career and I PUT THE TRI-STATE against any part of the country any day of the week.

Comment

There will only be one winner of the NCAAs, but any parent whose kid has had a rewarding season ( define that how you want) should be extremely happy and grateful for it.

The losses you refer to are really not that disappointing. West Virginia are a tough team and I believe Brown had a higher RPI than Monmouth. Losing to CCSU at home is the worst loss of that group and its not close. When you play the way Mike does, most games will be close. Live by the sword and die by it .
                          I agree with you and you are right (defining success of a season), but my point is that you can ask any of those players if they feel they didn't accomplish their main goal and that to win it all. I watch the game with Brown and Monmouth and after that game I can tell you Monmouth was not happy at all. Same can be said for RU trust me I was at the game and I watch player fall out on the field and run to the locker room. Not from being tired but they knew that it was over for them and what they set out to accomplish. As we speak today or tonight some of those kids are still hurting and very upset that they won't get a chance this season and for the seniors they won't get that chance again this season and certainly not next for the seniors. From a fan as myself RU is a top 25 team and at some points of this season a top 10 team. Did they come up short... YES....but I still love them all and will still route for them to win Next Year.

Comment

No hard feelings really.
                            Pda is a great program that mike is responsible for building.
                            They recruit players better than any club and don’t gave to do much to get them to come.

But by no means do they develop from a young age.

Look at the 05 blue team great team but have 2 players from when they u9 team

So don’t be offended when I say he doesn’t have anything to do with their development as they have been developed at all different clubs in nj
                            4 players from u10 the rest were recruited along the way.
                            No I get you but let me ask you this question. Can you name one club that doesn't recruit players or except players during tryouts. I can't imagine that PDA does that because they have tryouts as every team in the country does. Does PDA attract players from others team.....I would be a fool to say no they don't. But I can also say the same for every other team in the country. Kids leave teams because PARENTS as yourself and I either feel that the grass is greener on the otherside or we get feed up with how things are going with our kids development, etc. Its the PARENTS that do most of "RECRUITING" I know I do it for sure. If I see a kid that is killing it stands out sure I say something to the parent. Now do I pay any money to the parent...HECK NO....but sure as a parent I do share with them that they should look at our club and its up to them to do that. FREE COUNTRY right and nothing against that. There is not a team in NJ that doesn't have turn over from year to year. Some more than others but it happens.

Comment

Rutgers is a joke, to even put programs like UVA and UNC in the same sentence as Rutgers is an insult to those programs. They would never lose to a minnow like CCSU (by the way never even heard of them before this game). We simply need to expand our recruiting to other clubs as what we’re bringing in from PDA is not cutting it.
                              Again when is the last time UVA has won a Nat. Championship....I'll wait...oh and nothing against UVA but the last time RU played UVA in a meaningful game If I recall RU beat them in 2015 I think. And Two well know Tarheels are Tobin Heath and Heather O'Reilly who played where........PDA, and from the state of NJ. Just saying NJ produces some stellar kids. Cant wait until Ana Cook from Matchfit----Stanford and product of NJ shines on that USWNT.

Comment

Again when is the last time UVA has won a Nat. Championship....I'll wait...oh and nothing against UVA but the last time RU played UVA in a meaningful game If I recall RU beat them in 2015 I think. And Two well know Tarheels are Tobin Heath and Heather O'Reilly who played where........PDA, and from the state of NJ. Just saying NJ produces some stellar kids. Cant wait until Ana Cook from Matchfit----Stanford and product of NJ shines on that USWNT.
                                That was then when pda was impactful. Not anymore.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X