Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    dude, if your kid cant stand out on a hs pitch, she isn't getting recruited anywhere
    it's a field you gd euroweenie.

Comment

Exactly, the college coaches don't play politics or have a parent in their ear. Win and they keep their job, lose and they get fired. They don't watch HS, the CT HS kids that commit to college before Junior/Senior are the kids being asked by college coaches to make a decision to be part of their respective colleges recruiting class. They are in play and being recruited, many end of finding players find a home but they aren't recruited. HS is a selfish/ugly game. I wish the DA had gotten it correct to offer another option.
      They just sleep with their players.

Comment

Counterpoint: club soccer kids have a great time playing 3 mos. of HS soccer for a variety of reasons: (1) play with/against kids from school; (2) lots of games (rivalries, etc.) have great atmosphere that you don't get in your club season typically; and (3) it's 3 mos. where you get to ball out against (typically) lower competition.

This isn't mutually exclusive. All the club players are back with their club teams practicing etc. They will all go off and play in front of college coaches at tournaments in the Winter/Spring. Most college coaches aren't out scouting in the fall anyway b/c they have their season going on. Nobody missed out on anything for playing HS and I bet most kids enjoyed the heck out of it.
        HS soccer allows ECNL and other high-caliber players to complete against kids on their club teams. The girls definitely enjoy the accolades, and have fun playing esoecially if their high school team is among the best in the state. No matter how good PM is (and yes she is an absolute standout), McMahon was not going to win the FCIAC or state championship. She nonetheless gave it her all during the HS season. Ohio State is getting a truly talented player who deserved All American. My feeling is that she was very happy to be named an All American. The accolades aren’t just for parents in other words.

I wonder if the U Penn coach is aware that an incoming freshman who made All New England as a junior didn’t make it as a senior (and she wasn’t injured). Thoughts?

Comment

HS soccer allows ECNL and other high-caliber players to complete against kids on their club teams. The girls definitely enjoy the accolades, and have fun playing esoecially if their high school team is among the best in the state. No matter how good PM is (and yes she is an absolute standout), McMahon was not going to win the FCIAC or state championship. She nonetheless gave it her all during the HS season. Ohio State is getting a truly talented player who deserved All American. My feeling is that she was very happy to be named an All American. The accolades aren’t just for parents in other words.

I wonder if the U Penn coach is aware that an incoming freshman who made All New England as a junior didn’t make it as a senior (and she wasn’t injured). Thoughts?
          My thoughts are easy... YOU are an Azz! A complete one at that. Those 2 girls are very good friends and you have an axe to grind.. STILL?
          What is your issue Azzhole?

Comment

those 2 kids dont play on the same planet- thats not a shot a RS, thats just a fact
            I have only seen 2 of the AA selections, both FCIAC kids, they are both Standouts no matter who you put them against-(i assume the other 4 AA selections are the same)
            RS was the same player for the last 3 years ,Very good on a team of very good players, why she didn't get ANE idk, maybe the fact that her team had multiple deserving players hurt her
            she will do fine at UPENN and i wish her well

Comment

Count AholyO nice to have you back

Comment

those 2 kids dont play on the same planet- thats not a shot a RS, thats just a fact
                I have only seen 2 of the AA selections, both FCIAC kids, they are both Standouts no matter who you put them against-(i assume the other 4 AA selections are the same)
                RS was the same player for the last 3 years ,Very good on a team of very good players, why she didn't get ANE idk, maybe the fact that her team had multiple deserving players hurt her
                she will do fine at UPENN and i wish her well
                Not a shot? Look over your post again. Asking if the Penn coach is aware? That’s not a shot?
                U R N AZZ! Take your axe elsewhere.. jerk

Comment

It’s remarkable how much petty jealousy is out there. Your kid can’t spell “Penn” if you spot her the P and the E, let alone get near its soccer field, so you attack someone who is much more gifted on both the academic and athletic fronts? Nice.

Comment

Not a shot? Look over your post again. Asking if the Penn coach is aware? That’s not a shot?
                    U R N AZZ! Take your axe elsewhere.. jerk
                    i didnt ask about the coach and no it wasn't a shot-
                    and Nazi? really??? maybe you should read your post and think about the words you use.
                    Nazis killed 6-10 million people- i said 1 player was better than another player who was very good- a little pesrpective ?

Comment

i didnt ask about the coach and no it wasn't a shot-
                      and Nazi? really??? maybe you should read your post and think about the words you use.
                      Nazis killed 6-10 million people- i said 1 player was better than another player who was very good- a little pesrpective ?
                      Are you really that stupid? You asked if the coach was aware of the kid? (Your words)
                      That’s a shot for sure.
                      Nazi??? Can you not figure out a simple thing ?? U (you) R (are) N (an) Azz (ass, donkey, opposite of the garbage that came out your mouth, BUT stinks worse and you speak trash)

Can you understand now, Mr Idiot???

Comment

Are you really that stupid? You asked if the coach was aware of the kid? (Your words)
                        That’s a shot for sure.
                        Nazi??? Can you not figure out a simple thing ?? U (you) R (are) N (an) Azz (ass, donkey, opposite of the garbage that came out your mouth, BUT stinks worse and you speak trash)

Can you understand now, Mr Idiot???
                        i didn't write the post that started this
                        so
                        do you understand you don't know shift

ass, donkey? you must have spent some time in tijuana

Comment

I'm sure he is all broken up that she didn't get some political HS award, you are an idiot. My daughter played with RS at CFC for years before heading to play D1 this past season. She was a stand out on a team that finished in top 20 in the country. Wins balls, great vision, never turns the ball over and scores about 7-8 goals in a club season. Great teammate and I'm sure she will do well at Penn. Get a life and stop hating on people.

Comment

That Westport crowd eats their own, competitive win at all costs, even if they have to take their own down.

Comment

That Westport crowd eats their own, competitive win at all costs, even if they have to take their own down.
                              Handbag Mafia. Dress them up with fancy clothes, accessories but underneath they're still thugs

Comment

I'm sure he is all broken up that she didn't get some political HS award, you are an idiot. My daughter played with RS at CFC for years before heading to play D1 this past season. She was a stand out on a team that finished in top 20 in the country. Wins balls, great vision, never turns the ball over and scores about 7-8 goals in a club season. Great teammate and I'm sure she will do well at Penn. Get a life and stop hating on people.
                                Penn coach probably not even aware nor will he care about a HS award. He will care that she works hard to get ready to play for him and stays healthy. He saw the talent in her years ago. Now it's up to her to meet his expectations

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X