Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    This response applies to all the clubs --- If you are placing teams in League 1 or League 2 divisions, then that is not premier level competition. You should charge less or have a development academy. That is a money grab!!
    I’m tired of the “money grab” comment. Everyone calls every other club a money grab. It’s getting old. Liverpool is a great club and I’m so glad they are now in RI. They have both player development academy and the regular club. The coaches are doing a fantastic job with our kids.

Comment

This response applies to all the clubs --- If you are placing teams in League 1 or League 2 divisions, then that is not premier level competition. You should charge less or have a development academy. That is a money grab!!
      Depends, I guess. If a new team is formed and it starts in the League divisions then does well and starts moving up brackets, then isn't that what we want from a club, especially at younger ages? Player development and all that?

Comment

Depends, I guess. If a new team is formed and it starts in the League divisions then does well and starts moving up brackets, then isn't that what we want from a club, especially at younger ages? Player development and all that?
        You’re making too much sense. Didn’t you know, development is a bad word on TS. No good clubs, no good coaches unless you play in Development Academy... </sarc>

Comment

Yes!!! This is exactly what we want for our players. Player development.

Comment

I’m tired of the “money grab” comment. Everyone calls every other club a money grab. It’s getting old. Liverpool is a great club and I’m so glad they are now in RI. They have both player development academy and the regular club. The coaches are doing a fantastic job with our kids.
            People call all the clubs a money grab, because for the most part they are. You should judge any team your child plays on by a few things. Are they happy? Is the coach a good positive influence in your childs life while also developing skills? Are you surrounded with like minded kids and families that you enjoy traveling with?

But what always seems to be a conversation among parents is the ego driven definition of premier.

Comment

Yes!!! This is exactly what we want for our players. Player development.
              Then charge less for the "development". League 2 teams couldn't compete in most town divisions.

Comment

Then charge less for the "development". League 2 teams couldn't compete in most town divisions.
                Some parents have to ask themselves why they are sending their player to premier. Are they dominating in town? More serious than the average town player? If they are, then you can do better than a club who has a team in League 2. Shop around. If your player is the best player on a bottom level team, you are wasting your money and time.

Comment

Some parents have to ask themselves why they are sending their player to premier. Are they dominating in town? More serious than the average town player? If they are, then you can do better than a club who has a team in League 2. Shop around. If your player is the best player on a bottom level team, you are wasting your money and time.
                  What is the difference in RI from one level to another. Just about 100% of RI are going all the way tooooooo High School soccer.
                  Maybe there doing it for fun and get extra soccer, enjoyment and the parents have the cash. Maybe they like there team. maybe the town teams are limited, non-existent or have big time politicking.

Comment

What is the difference in RI from one level to another. Just about 100% of RI are going all the way tooooooo High School soccer.
                    Maybe there doing it for fun and get extra soccer, enjoyment and the parents have the cash. Maybe they like there team. maybe the town teams are limited, non-existent or have big time politicking.
                    League 2 competition does not prepare you for division 1 HS, so why pay so much? That is the point.

Comment

League 2 competition does not prepare you for division 1 HS, so why pay so much? That is the point.
                      Ya know what? Maybe some of us dumb parents who pay too much are sick of the BS in the town teams. Whether it be watching a parent coach fight with or overplay his prodigy, to the coach buddies all playing their faves it’s all political and so frustrating. So we join a club looking for better coaching and less BS and hopefully players who take the game more seriously than the ballerinas picking daisys. It might not lead to D1, scholarships or even a starting position on the varsity team. But is less town favoritism, drama and BS. So yea I’ll pay for it. My kid is developing and receiving better training. My kid will have a chance to reach their full potential whatever that may be in a club over the town any day of the week. That’s why some of us pay.

Comment

Ya know what? Maybe some of us dumb parents who pay too much are sick of the BS in the town teams. Whether it be watching a parent coach fight with or overplay his prodigy, to the coach buddies all playing their faves it’s all political and so frustrating. So we join a club looking for better coaching and less BS and hopefully players who take the game more seriously than the ballerinas picking daisys. It might not lead to D1, scholarships or even a starting position on the varsity team. But is less town favoritism, drama and BS. So yea I’ll pay for it. My kid is developing and receiving better training. My kid will have a chance to reach their full potential whatever that may be in a club over the town any day of the week. That’s why some of us pay.
                        Don’t feed the troll. The poster getting others riled up is likely from another club looking to get parents to move their kids. Trust me, the grass isn’t always greener.

Comment

Don’t feed the troll. The poster getting others riled up is likely from another club looking to get parents to move their kids. Trust me, the grass isn’t always greener.
                          There could be lots of reasons. Wanting the league one's kids play to remain "elite" is a possibility. Or wanting kids to quit their club and join another, I suppose, although that might conflict with the previous reason. I think it's a legit question, though, to ask why are we paying all this money? Are we benefitting our kids in the long run? Prepping them for life if not for HS or college dogger? Helping US youth soccer?

As to the politics and bad coaching in town soccer, what about volunteering to help? Participating in town soccer boards (however tedious)? When do you say, okay I don't like what I'm seeing and I have enough money to pull the plug?

Comment

There could be lots of reasons. Wanting the league one's kids play to remain "elite" is a possibility. Or wanting kids to quit their club and join another, I suppose, although that might conflict with the previous reason. I think it's a legit question, though, to ask why are we paying all this money? Are we benefitting our kids in the long run? Prepping them for life if not for HS or college dogger? Helping US youth soccer?

As to the politics and bad coaching in town soccer, what about volunteering to help? Participating in town soccer boards (however tedious)? When do you say, okay I don't like what I'm seeing and I have enough money to pull the plug?
                            Well said. I agree that the question is worth considering. There are certainly plenty of reasons to leave town, but hopefully for the extra price there is value in better coaching AND solid competition to feed player growth. It's too bad more good people do not get involved

Comment

I don't think this thread is about Liverpool anymore I think we have moved on to a question of why parents are going the club route in addition to their local town soccer. Probably needs a new thread. However I will bring it back to Liverpool ...But, I think even if the clubs in RI are not as good as the clubs in MA, there is a need for better coaching and training. The towns are run by volunteers (except Barrington who hires coaches I believe from Challenger sports?) The coaches usually can only give a few hours a week. Their town team is often filled with maybe half a team with talent and half new kids learning even on the "competitive teams." Parents are looking for the clubs that will focus in on the player development and training.Our experiences with Liverpool in RI this year have been all positive. We have a new but good team. We are getting really good training opportunities. It is not coached by a coach who wants to play every week in every tournament but instead has opportunities all week for training with the coach and other Liverpool coaches. The coaches we have worked with are also very big on the younger kids learning and playing all positions and gaining confidence. It's more of a slow and steady approach. Our kids are happy and healthy. The parents are also not losing their minds on the sidelines which is really refreshing. I'm glad to say that we have had good experiences. I do not think our kids will be the kids you hear about quitting from burn out, injury or psycho parents pushing their kids, and screaming. Why are those parents screaming anyway? (New thread)

Comment

Well good luck to Liverpool. A few years ago these threads were about Bayside watering down the player pool so don't listen to the haters. Good coaching and players that want to improve their skills are all you need for a successful club.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X