Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should children be banned from heading soccer balls?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Lol, for some reason is the number 1 sport around the globe !and the most watched.
    I see two possible issues on heading at the younger ages.

1. Heading from punts
    2. Repetitive heading in training.

With that said rather than a ban on heading. Restrict punting until the older ages and instruct clubs to train heading intelligently. Meaning start with softer balls to show the proper form then move to real soccer balls and don't have the players head the ball for an hour straight.

Comment

Why put your kid in a sport & tell them to not play the game the way it should be played ? With parents like you it's not surprising we are struggling .
      There seems to be a debate as to how the game should be played when players are young. We play because it's fun and great exercise, not because we think my 10 year old daughter is one day going to represent the U.S.and we better force her to head hard hit balls now. Just feels like good parenting to me to protect her. Her coach doesn't have a problem with it. He has kids of his own. My daughter doesn't want anything to do with heading a ball, because her instincts tell her it's not a good thing to do. When she's older and stronger and has learned how to do it properly, maybe then.

Comment

There seems to be a debate as to how the game should be played when players are young. We play because it's fun and great exercise, not because we think my 10 year old daughter is one day going to represent the U.S.and we better force her to head hard hit balls now. Just feels like good parenting to me to protect her. Her coach doesn't have a problem with it. He has kids of his own. My daughter doesn't want anything to do with heading a ball, because her instincts tell her it's not a good thing to do. When she's older and stronger and has learned how to do it properly, maybe then.
        Ohhh come on pls go to the girly thread, soccer fans don't really give a $#!+ about girls playing.....boys rule!

Comment

Ohhh come on pls go to the girly thread, soccer fans don't really give a $#!+ about girls playing.....boys rule!
          This is the girly thread, all these TS kids are coddled.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          Working...
          X