Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top Programs In Suffolk

So I hear names like East Meadow, Albertson and SUSA mentioned as top programs on the Island. But for Suffolk County folks, most of them are too far to really consider. So who has a quality program that you would recommend. I hear Smithtown even though a town team is pretty good, Sachem was good but now has problems, KK is good for younger kids but a lot of rumors.......

From your experience, who would you recommend and why....if you can't say anything nice, don't... we will take the absence of a name of a team or town from this thread as a negative....

If you are talking club-wide success in almost every age group for both genders, the two programs to look at are SUSA and Smithtown. If you are talking Boys only Barca would be on the list as well as they did fantastically well for a first year club. KK/Atletico used to be on that list but they lost a lot of talent in the last 6 months so their teams are a bit more hit and miss these days.

Brentwood, Lake Grove and HBC are arguably in the top tier but I would more put them in second tier with along with the already mentioned KK/Atletico and you can add in Hauppauge and Northport.

But that doesn't mean that you don't have very good teams in other clubs. Lindenhurst, Kings Park, West Islip and Deer Park always have a few top teams. And don't forget about other clubs like Ronkonkoma, Pat-Med and Terryville that manage to punch above their weight on a regular basis.

Stony Brook is hard to judge because they are constantly switching gears. They have some size but no consistency as they flip from one partnership to another every 6 months. Commack, Dix Hills and Bayport are not listed here because their top players largely move on to play for SUSA.

I am only mentioning Sachem because you brought them up. Sachem is no where near a good program. Their boys side has been completely wiped out and the girls side has been shedding players and teams like they were on fire. They still have a large intramural program but the best players all move on to play elsewhere when it comes time to play travel and who remains in travel pay above academy prices for almost interleague level results.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      So I hear names like East Meadow, Albertson and SUSA mentioned as top programs on the Island. But for Suffolk County folks, most of them are too far to really consider. So who has a quality program that you would recommend. I hear Smithtown even though a town team is pretty good, Sachem was good but now has problems, KK is good for younger kids but a lot of rumors.......

From your experience, who would you recommend and why....if you can't say anything nice, don't... we will take the absence of a name of a team or town from this thread as a negative....
      What age, gender & price range?

Comment

If you are talking club-wide success in almost every age group for both genders, the two programs to look at are SUSA and Smithtown. If you are talking Boys only Barca would be on the list as well as they did fantastically well for a first year club. KK/Atletico used to be on that list but they lost a lot of talent in the last 6 months so their teams are a bit more hit and miss these days.

Brentwood, Lake Grove and HBC are arguably in the top tier but I would more put them in second tier with along with the already mentioned KK/Atletico and you can add in Hauppauge and Northport.

But that doesn't mean that you don't have very good teams in other clubs. Lindenhurst, Kings Park, West Islip and Deer Park always have a few top teams. And don't forget about other clubs like Ronkonkoma, Pat-Med and Terryville that manage to punch above their weight on a regular basis.

Stony Brook is hard to judge because they are constantly switching gears. They have some size but no consistency as they flip from one partnership to another every 6 months. Commack, Dix Hills and Bayport are not listed here because their top players largely move on to play for SUSA.

I am only mentioning Sachem because you brought them up. Sachem is no where near a good program. Their boys side has been completely wiped out and the girls side has been shedding players and teams like they were on fire. They still have a large intramural program but the best players all move on to play elsewhere when it comes time to play travel and who remains in travel pay above academy prices for almost interleague level results.
        that was a well thought out list. Except Smithtown being in the TOP Tier??? I personally 100% disagree with that. Village of the Branch and Smithtown which are both in the same town don't have strong teams. And SUSA still has to prove themselves.

Comment

What age, gender & price range?
          Lets talk bang for your buck. My daughters team finished 2nd in premier division. Good knowledgeable paid coach. We practice 2x's a week and 1 game on Saturday. We did one summer tournament, one Columbus day, and scheduled to do 1 winter indoor and memorial day tournament. Our financial commitment minus uniforms and extra elective camps is approximately $1600 for the season. Where is SUSA, Stonybrook and other programs. If you know or are in it. Let us know what your have to commit $$ for a full season.

Comment

Lets talk bang for your buck. My daughters team finished 2nd in premier division. Good knowledgeable paid coach. We practice 2x's a week and 1 game on Saturday. We did one summer tournament, one Columbus day, and scheduled to do 1 winter indoor and memorial day tournament. Our financial commitment minus uniforms and extra elective camps is approximately $1600 for the season. Where is SUSA, Stonybrook and other programs. If you know or are in it. Let us know what your have to commit $$ for a full season.

So your pretty much paying the same as most clubs. EDP - NPL - ECNL level teams
            They may pay a little more then $1600 but that's 2-3 sessions a week more tournaments etc.

Comment

Sorry left out we are in Smithtown..

Comment

that was a well thought out list. Except Smithtown being in the TOP Tier??? I personally 100% disagree with that. Village of the Branch and Smithtown which are both in the same town don't have strong teams. And SUSA still has to prove themselves.
                Smithtown's top teams in each age group, and I'm counting their teams playing in all leagues, not just LIJSL, are almost all playing at a high level. They have a lot of crap too with some of their B/C/D teams but the top teams for each age group/gender are right up there. Are there better teams? Sure. But there aren't really any other clubs in Suffolk that are that consistent across the board like that except for SUSA.

Comment

Smithtown's top teams in each age group, and I'm counting their teams playing in all leagues, not just LIJSL, are almost all playing at a high level. They have a lot of crap too with some of their B/C/D teams but the top teams for each age group/gender are right up there. Are there better teams? Sure. But there aren't really any other clubs in Suffolk that are that consistent across the board like that except for SUSA.
                  I think you are right there with what you are saying. But I think the big difference is SUSA is big $$ in comparisons to what Smithtown parents are getting...

Comment

I think you are right there with what you are saying. But I think the big difference is SUSA is big $$ in comparisons to what Smithtown parents are getting...
                    I am in Smithtown with a u12 team and last season it cost me all in around $2000 for uniforms, 4 tourneys, winter training and one preseason camp.

what have you all spent last year and at what level

Comment

I am in Smithtown with a u12 team and last season it cost me all in around $2000 for uniforms, 4 tourneys, winter training and one preseason camp.

what have you all spent last year and at what level
                      ... here on the other side of the Sound, in Mamaroneck, it's $1400 for uniform, Fall/Spring games and practices (2x/wk), 1 indoor practice per week in winter but no winter league or tournaments. Tournaments are local only and run us around $60 per kid per tourney. Price has gone up recently because club now has to pay for the Town for outdoor fields.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X