Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Doubt if you kid will get into Jesuit as a sophomore.
    Does Jesuit only let in freshmen? If that's true than maybe our best bet is Westview if the Beaverton magnet lottery doesn't fall in our favor? What about the new Mountainside? How will Mountainside shake out academically? Mountainside should end up fairly strong at soccer.

Comment

Does Jesuit only let in freshmen? If that's true than maybe our best bet is Westview if the Beaverton magnet lottery doesn't fall in our favor? What about the new Mountainside? How will Mountainside shake out academically? Mountainside should end up fairly strong at soccer.
      If you are worried about demographics--Mountainside's student body is predominantly upper middle class. (And Southride, in the future, will be far less so, as much of Cooper Mountain, Sexton Mountain, and Murrayhill neighborhoods now are in the Mountainside attendance area, and the Vose and Whitford neighborhoods are now part of Southridge.

https://www.beaverton.k12.or.us/dept...2010.18.16.pdf

And yes, Mountainside may be very good at soccer.

Comment

Jesuit opens up spots each year for each grade whenever someone transfers out. There is a wait list. The school tries to have a blend of students representative of different educational, economic, cultural and religious backgrounds. Having a relative alum or as a current student and GPA are also major considerations.

My daughter went to Jesuit, and my son was put on the wait list. The school contacted us to apologize as my son met their criteria (sibling student, parochial school, middle-class, Hispanic, Catholic, high GPA) and should have been admitted as a freshman. They invited him to enter as a sophomore. Both kids played soccer.

I agree that Mountainside should do well in soccer with time. The feeder schools into it and current crop of students include players currently playing club soccer.

Comment

Jesuit opens up spots each year for each grade whenever someone transfers out. There is a wait list. The school tries to have a blend of students representative of different educational, economic, cultural and religious backgrounds. Having a relative alum or as a current student and GPA are also major considerations.

My daughter went to Jesuit, and my son was put on the wait list. The school contacted us to apologize as my son met their criteria (sibling student, parochial school, middle-class, Hispanic, Catholic, high GPA) and should have been admitted as a freshman. They invited him to enter as a sophomore. Both kids played soccer.

I agree that Mountainside should do well in soccer with time. The feeder schools into it and current crop of students include players currently playing club soccer.
          Thnks for the information. Didn't realize it would be so difficult to get into Jesuit. Sounds like there is enough demand for another private school in the Portland area. In the meantime, it'll save us money that we can spend on pay to play soccer and save for college. Luckily there are decent public options as well.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          Working...
          X