•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Here is why pot is bad.
    It turns people into libtards.
    Association between pot and liberal ideology is very, very high.
    Liberalism promotes the eradication of naturally formed social and economic structure and relief, via homogenization and coercive wealth and power transfer, and thus is inherently chaotic (e.g. a Renior wouldnt be very appealing if all the colors were blended into one grey smear)
    Which is proof that pot causes brain damage.

No such associations with alcohol...
    I told my kids that pot is bad because it steals your ambition. I explained that I've known kids growing up who used it and ultimately did nothing important in life because they were too busy smoking pot to work hard, pay bills, clean up after themselves well, etc. That's the real problem with Pot. It's a motivation killer. Why try when you can get high?

Comment

Are Morgan and Morgan leading the pot smell on every street corner campaign? Vaping canabis shows no political preference.

Comment

Are Morgan and Morgan leading the pot smell on every street corner campaign? Vaping canabis shows no political preference.
        M&M supported Christie, the Obama hugger who was voted out of office for not being conservative enough. Correlation between pot and liberal is incredibly strong.

Comment

Which are known for their pot consumption - left wing Berkeley hippies or right wing neo-nazis? Case closed.

Comment

I told my kids that pot is bad because it steals your ambition. I explained that I've known kids growing up who used it and ultimately did nothing important in life because they were too busy smoking pot to work hard, pay bills, clean up after themselves well, etc. That's the real problem with Pot. It's a motivation killer. Why try when you can get high?
            I can almost guarantee your kids have at least tried it. In the eyes of a teenager that is not a persuasive argument.

btw we can probably all attest to people who are the opposite of what you describe. Your stereotypes are way off base.

Comment

I can almost guarantee your kids have at least tried it. In the eyes of a teenager that is not a persuasive argument.

btw we can probably all attest to people who are the opposite of what you describe. Your stereotypes are way off base.
              Well I can say I've certainly never met one, but sure have met plenty of comatose pot heads that were slow on the update ... the stuff destroys the mind, which is probably why you would not be pleased if your soccer player took up the habit.

Comment

Pot should not even be criminalized but should be treated the same as alcohol.
                Amen. I've never smoked pot in my life, but even I know that it is not a gateway drug nor should it be illegal. Try some reading. Do some research. There are countless medicinal uses but big pharma puts a hush on that. Not saying kids should be smoking anymore than they should be drinking. But don't say stupid things.

Comment

M&M would sue their mother! They are hypocrites on the weed deal. Their latest ad says hit by a drunk driver or someone smoking weed, call M&M and we will sue their pants off. Once we get their pants off we will sue them for public indecency! M&M, for the people (my *****!)! Roads wet? We are filing a class action lawsuit against mother nature! Jump on board everybody! And while you're on board, sign this petition to get medical weed in Florida! Believe me, it's all about the money with that bunch! Athletes smoking weed? Call M&M and we will sue that athlete for nodding out on the bench after drinking all the Gatorade! It goes on and on!

Comment

Amen. I've never smoked pot in my life, but even I know that it is not a gateway drug nor should it be illegal. Try some reading. Do some research. There are countless medicinal uses but big pharma puts a hush on that. Not saying kids should be smoking anymore than they should be drinking. But don't say stupid things.
                    Not to mention the tremendous medical benefits it has for pain relief, nausea etc. I've seen it help a relative going through terrible chemo and another with crippling arthritis. One lives in CO so once it went legal it became infinitely easier for him to obtain and he was no longer a criminal. Not all states have medical pot and many of the ones that do are very restrictive.

Not only does keeping pot a class 1 drug keep more poor and minorities in for profit prisons but it also fills the coffers of big harma. Always follow the money trail.

Comment

Op to that comment here: I can only discuss what I've seen. I knew a guy who had a bright future. Scored a 1500 on the SAT test back before they curved it. He discovered pot and after that it all just went to he ll in a handbasket. After a while, all he did was stayed at home and played video games. Showered once in a while. Seen the same in other people.

No, my kids haven't tried it. No time. Too busy chasing a soccer ball, which is a huge benefit of soccer...keeps the kids busy instead of into mischief.

Comment

Op to that comment here: I can only discuss what I've seen. I knew a guy who had a bright future. Scored a 1500 on the SAT test back before they curved it. He discovered pot and after that it all just went to he ll in a handbasket. After a while, all he did was stayed at home and played video games. Showered once in a while. Seen the same in other people.

No, my kids haven't tried it. No time. Too busy chasing a soccer ball, which is a huge benefit of soccer...keeps the kids busy instead of into mischief.

Oh, and FWIW, I used it myself. I'm thankful I developed an allergy to it. Made my pulse rate jack way up. I gave it up. I enjoyed it, but I can understand why it steals motivation.

Comment

one personal example does not a scientific study make

Comment

"Cannabis increases connectivity in the brain regions associated with psychosis"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...ed-others.html

It literally destroys the brain. A vile and insidious poison. Stay away and keep your kids away from it too.

Comment

"Cannabis increases connectivity in the brain regions associated with psychosis"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...ed-others.html

It literally destroys the brain. A vile and insidious poison. Stay away and keep your kids away from it too.
                              I agree that developing teenage brains should avoid it because there are some indications of negative impacts on the teenage brain. But you really need to check your sources dude. First, the Daily Mail is a tabloid, so bad in fact that even Wikipedia has banned it as a source (enough said there). Second, the was a sample size of 60 and "half of which were cannabis dependent" whatever the heck that is. It also was done by an institute that studies alcoholism.

Part of the issue in getting concrete large scale studies is that it's Class 1 drug so scientists have a hard time even getting to test it. A recent analysis of over 10,000 reports it a better resource (2nd link)

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...ce-for-website

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...tists-weigh-in

Comment

I agree that developing teenage brains should avoid it because there are some indications of negative impacts on the teenage brain. But you really need to check your sources dude. First, the Daily Mail is a tabloid, so bad in fact that even Wikipedia has banned it as a source (enough said there). Second, the was a sample size of 60 and "half of which were cannabis dependent" whatever the heck that is. It also was done by an institute that studies alcoholism.

Part of the issue in getting concrete large scale studies is that it's Class 1 drug so scientists have a hard time even getting to test it. A recent analysis of over 10,000 reports it a better resource (2nd link)

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...ce-for-website

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...tists-weigh-in
                                Has nothing to do with the journalistic source (NPR is not exactly objective either by the way) and there are lots of studies that link pot with psychiatric disorders
                                https://www.drugabuse.gov/publicatio...tric-disorders. From this link you can find
                                "Recent research (see "AKT1 Gene Variations and Psychosis") has found that people who use marijuana and carry a specific variant of the AKT1 gene, which codes for an enzyme that affects dopamine signaling in the striatum, are at increased risk of developing psychosis"

https://d14rmgtrwzf5a.cloudfront.net...ions-small.gif

The report you posted is a meta analysis which would tend to bury such a finding because it would include studies of people without the genetic variant, or not using the genetic variant as an independent variable. Even so, it says "the report notes some research suggesting that using marijuana might increase risk of developing schizophrenia or other social anxiety disorders". Waving it off as inconclusive because of uncertainty between cause and effect (e.g. people with mental issues more attracted to pot, or does pot create the mental issues), especially given the specific genetic linkages, seems lazy and smacks of advocacy/bias (by a very liberal media source - NPR nonetheless). Even these guys admit that young people should avoid it because brain development extends into young adulthood, which begs a very obvious question of why if there is no evidence of an association.

People who like using pot just are not going to be logical and objective about this subject, plain and simple, and that extends to journalists and even some scientists. Either way, habitual use of any drug by someone with mental issues cannot be positive especially given most peoples anecdotal experiences with pot smokers.

Pot is poison, especially for people with certain genetic backgrounds.

Alcohol sucks too by the way, abuse is well known to literally kill brain cells.

Best advice - exercise - delivers a more natural, healthy "high", doesnt make you crazy, doesnt kill your brain cells.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X