Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nobody Watched the NCAA Women's Championship

Why have the final game in a stadium that holds 25,500 when a couple of HS bleachers would have been more than enough for the 500 or so that were actually in attendance? It's true - no one cares about women's soccer. Not to mention that the quality of the soccer was pretty poor...

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Why have the final game in a stadium that holds 25,500 when a couple of HS bleachers would have been more than enough for the 500 or so that were actually in attendance? It's true - no one cares about women's soccer. Not to mention that the quality of the soccer was pretty poor...
    Not at all surprising. Soccer isn't popular to begin with, far less so women's soccer. Having a pro league is almost comical. The WNBA struggles even with much bigger NBA support and a much more popular sport.

That said it's tough for the few student fans to travel to far away games (money and time) especially when most schools are going into finals for the semester. So the stands have parents and college coaches and that's it. I'm sure the TV audience was minimal

Comment

Two west coast teams in Orlando, yeah I wouldn't expect a huge crowd. However I know quite a few who watched the game live, I am sure the streaming to residences in California was the largest! Great season Stanford and a well deserved win!

Comment

Similar to number of people on Talking Soccer. About 35 people. Me, you, and about 33 other people. No one really cares...

Comment

Similar to number of people on Talking Soccer. About 35 people. Me, you, and about 33 other people. No one really cares...
          nobody cares about womens soccer in Orlando. They are too busy getting a sun tan or at Disneyworld.

The finals should be held in the BAY area at Santa Clara Stadium or at Portland.

Comment

I don't understand the point of this forum. You are acting like there is a mob scene happening on the men's NCAA side. NOPE. Most of us who really enjoy soccer are watching European league games and didn't even notice there was a MLS Final that happened recently. Get over it and hopefully you don't have a dd playing soccer.

Comment

Truth

Comment

Did Onyx win today??

Comment

Did Onyx win today??
                  ONYX wins everyday......

Comment

Did Onyx win today??
                    More importantly, did Tom Atencio get all the Christmas cards this year from the Onyx parents. They apparently still stay in touch with him.

Comment

ONYX wins everyday......
                      Decent team, now graduated. Move on

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X