Talking-Soccer.com  

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 3 > Mississippi

Notices

Mississippi Discussions about Mississippi soccer.

Old 04-25-2017
Unregistered

Exclamation Tom Anagnost MSU soccer coach.

Can anybody explain why Mississippi State would hire Tom Anagnost as their Head Women's Soccer Coach? Before you answer, read the information below and decide for yourself.

The Miami article below and over 15 pages on this forum below discusses why you should never play for this man at any level.

UM ROUNDUP
Miami Hurricanes fire women’s soccer coach Tom Anagnost

BY MICHELLE KAUFMAN
MKAUFMAN@MIAMIHERALD.COM

University of Miami women’s soccer coach Tom Anagnost was fired unexpectedly Tuesday morning after two seasons on the job.

The news release from the UM athletic department read: “University of Miami Director of Athletics Blake James has relieved head women’s soccer coach Tom Anagnost of his duties effective immediately. A national search for a new head coach has begun.”

The Hurricanes were 19-15-5 since Anagnost took over the team in December 2011. He came to UM after three seasons as head coach at Central Michigan University. He was twice named Mid-American Conference Coach of the Year and led the Chippewas to back-to-back NCAA Tournament berths. He was 40-12-7 at Central Michigan.

James, reached later by phone, said it wasn’t one incident that led to the firing and that the team’s win-loss record was “not a big part’’ of the decision.

“A variety of factors went into the decision,” James said. “We felt it was better to make the move now rather than move forward with him as the leader. We have been evaluating the situation for some time and just felt in the overall view of the program that we didn’t have the right person in that position, so why wait to make the change?”

Anagnost was unavailable for comment.

Assistant coach Jason Hamilton was named interim head coach while the school conducts the search. Hamilton, reached in his office Tuesday morning, said he didn’t know Anagnost was being let go and did not know the reasons for the dismissal.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/04/2...#storylink=cpy

Read what past recruits and players are saying about his abusive behavior, about their visits and how he treated their daughters on and off the field. I believe that Mississippi State was headed in the right direction with football, baseball and other sports as a whole. But to me this seems to be a major step backwards by the new AD. Enrollment was the largest it has been over the past 2 years.

Their are many parents who have spent a lot of money to train their kids to play at this level, expecting to have a good college experience and then they run into this caliper of person that is going to destroy their kids from the inside out.

Parents, BEWARE what you sign your kids up for. Remember that it is a contract between your kid, not you, and the school. Do your research before you let your kid choose their school if the wrong type of Coach is involved. They don't want to have to leave because they won't have time to come back from a normal injury, pass the unrealistic conditioning test to stay on the team while injured. These are the tricks that they are starting to use. Plus being a CONTROL FREAK. They want to have a good experience. Not one that leaves them embarrassed for not meeting his expectations, or being verbally abused in front of their team. TA has a game plan, and it is to win. BUT DO YOU THINK THAT WINNING WAS WHAT GOT HIM RELIEVED OF HEAD COACHING IN MIAMI? Go back and read what the AD was trying to say. He has also coached at Central Michigan University - CMU. Just a short stay also.

Why would the new AD subject this type of abuse upon his current soccer program? 11 girls have been ran off or cut and 2 new recruits decommitted to go to other SEC schools. Almost all were foreign or ECNL players. The class of 2018 was completely dismissed. The new contract is for a 4 year scholarship. Since they can't take your scholarship away unless it is the kid's fault, if they want your kid gone, then the only answer is what I'm trying to describe. He has reached out to my daughter. This is just my opinion, but this person is not the man you want coaching your daughter. He has since hired the other coaches back from their Miami days of always being together. THINK MORE THAN TWICE IF YOU LOVE YOUR DAUGHTER. In my opinion, Tom Anagnost won't. And he doesn't talk to parents so it is always he said - she said behind close doors. Good Coach - Bad Coach routine. You guess which ones build the kids up and which one drops the hammer. I would love to hear more thoughts.