Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

College soccer

Does my daughter have to play ECNL, DA or NPL to get exposure to college coaches? She's a great player but due to personal reasons, not due to her ability, ECNL and DA is out of her reach. She gets good grades and works hard on the pitch. Her goal is to play in college. I see there are a lot of college showcases, is this a good way for smaller clubs to help their players get exposure to college coaches? My daughter is in middle school so we are just starting this whole process.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Does my daughter have to play ECNL, DA or NPL to get exposure to college coaches? She's a great player but due to personal reasons, not due to her ability, ECNL and DA is out of her reach. She gets good grades and works hard on the pitch. Her goal is to play in college. I see there are a lot of college showcases, is this a good way for smaller clubs to help their players get exposure to college coaches? My daughter is in middle school so we are just starting this whole process.
    No but the better the level she can play helps. If financial concerns are an issue/talk to the clubs like the Bolts or Stars for example that have programs you may want -If they see the potential they may offer reduced rates or even more relief from fees

Comment

How many times is this troll going to ask this same question? The actual answer is and has always been that it depends what level of soccer both the player and parent aspire to. Usually the point the troll wants to bring out is whether or not you need a high level soccer path to end up at a NESCAC type school. The answer there is it doesn’t hurt but it is sort of like using a sledgehammer to smash an ant.

Comment

Please STOP

Comment

Please STOP
          Screw you. This is my first time on this ridiculous website. Keeping the crazy soccer parent reputation strong I see. You're all a bunch of *****s.

Comment

Screw you. This is my first time on this ridiculous website. Keeping the crazy soccer parent reputation strong I see. You're all a bunch of *****s.
            Bye ..,

Comment

No screw you. How many times are you going to play out your sick little charade? Everyone is free to spend their money how they see fit, but please quit coming here to validate the fortune you spent on club soccer for a NESCAC degree.

Comment

No screw you. How many times are you going to play out your sick little charade? Everyone is free to spend their money how they see fit, but please quit coming here to validate the fortune you spent on club soccer for a NESCAC degree.
                First of all, this is my first time here. I don't care what you do with your money, mind your business about what we do with ours. I don't even know *** a nescac degree is. Did you take your meds today you loon?

Comment

Oh ok, you are in A Mass soccer thread asking about the path to college and claim you don’t know what a NESCAC is. Who do you expect to believe that one?

Comment

Oh ok, you are in A Mass soccer thread asking about the path to college and claim you don’t know what a NESCAC is. Who do you expect to believe that one?
                    My daughter is in 7th grade. I am a tradesman. I've never been to college. I didn't grow up in Massachusetts, followed my wife here. I have no God damn clue what neacac is nor do I give a damn. All I want to know is if I have to send my daughter to a big fancy clubs chasing after some fancy letters so she can play soccer in college. If you don't have the answer to my question, move along. You got kids? I feel sorry for them stuck with a parent like you.

Comment

My daughter is in 7th grade. I am a tradesman. I've never been to college. I didn't grow up in Massachusetts, followed my wife here. I have no God damn clue what neacac is nor do I give a damn. All I want to know is if I have to send my daughter to a big fancy clubs chasing after some fancy letters so she can play soccer in college. If you don't have the answer to my question, move along. You got kids? I feel sorry for them stuck with a parent like you.
                      Yes you do need to send her

Comment

I have responded twice to questions and have been told I’m a troll, someone else, etc too. I responded with honesty and from my own experiences yet I was not taken seriously. The people on here are crazy.

To answer your question - no your daughter doesn’t have to play ECNL or DA to play in college. She can play division 3 or even 2 if she’s decent and plays varsity high school and an NEP team. Will she be scholarship money to play? No. Can she make a team? 7es. She would need to be on an NPL team or better to be noticed to get any money from any school. And she would need to play ECNL or DA and be a standout there to get money from division 1. Also highly doubtful anyone playing at a lower level would make a difference 1 college team because the won’t have the exposure to that type of competition and won’t be up to speed or able to contain that pressure.

Comment

Best advice I could give you is that if you and your daughter don't have God on your side then you're done no matter what you what path you choose in life. Don't take the lord's name in vain. Yeah you'll laugh at me yeah you'll mock me but it's the best advice you going to get all day.

Comment

You’re far too late.
                            You need to start at 4 years old.
                            Better luck next time...

Comment

Lol. Most people use a thing called Google when they don't understand a term. Guess your lack of education really must slow you down. Can't use a search engine to find out what NESCAC means but somehow found the way here to discuss the merits of joining a DA team. This site is way too old for this sort of stupidity to fly. Try something new for a change. What a clown.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X