Best club/coach option in Western Mass

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parents, siblings, etc, need to practice with the kids at home. You can have the best coach, the best team, the best fields, the best whatever ... but if the kids on the team don't build a work ethic, practice at home, and LOVE the game, improvement will only be slight regardless of what club you end up with. Our NEFC team gives out "homework" for the kids to do at home. I don't think most of team is doing it. You can tell who is at game time. That's on the parents and the kids- not the coaches and club.

Comment

Have a look at the NEP standings in a bracket that you feel your child would be challenged in. Then look for teams that are in that bracket and are in your travel radius. Then reach out to these clubs to try out a practice or two. Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Have a look at the NEP standings in a bracket that you feel your child would be...
        Stop reading. That's awful advice.

Comment

Club

No it's because they let the good 2007s play up in 2006 united team
          The issue is they were not placed properly. The club would have known before placement who was on the team. I am sure they will be placed properly in the Spring. Western Ma does not have a lot of great options. Based on what NEFC did to Stars and WUP you may have less options by next year.

Comment

The issue is they were not placed properly. The club would have known before placement who was on the team. I am sure they will be placed properly in the Spring. Western Ma does not have a lot of great options. Based on what NEFC did to Stars and WUP you may have less options by next year.
            We have 4 actual people reading the post. The idiot from NEFC who started it and the two whose kids play with NEFC. I am the fourth person who loves making fun of idiots

Comment

An idiot making fun of other idiots.Talkingsoccer at it's finest.

Comment

WUP was hanging on by a thread before NEFC showed up. Worst club in the area by far. Nothing more than Ludlow travel soccer at 10x the price.

Comment

WUP was hanging on by a thread before NEFC showed up. Worst club in the area by far. Nothing more than Ludlow travel soccer at 10x the price.
                  This is great banter by the hicks out west. If I am not mistaken, didn’t the guy who ran WUP into the ground leave and take over NEFC West? The guy that is being sued by Stars also took his Stars West team to NEFC West. NEFC West are run by clowns and convicts. Join GPS West or hitch up the horse and buggy and come to the 495 loop to get good training

Comment

There is some great soccer in Western Mass. Realistically it all depends where in Western Mass you are moving to. If you are closer to Palmer, I'd consider FC Stars-Worcester, if near greater Springfield you have GPS-West, NEFC-West, and Western United Pioneers. If you are out near Pittsfield you could look at GPS-Stateline or Soccer Domain Academy. If near the Enfield, CT border then CFC-Sports World is an option. In reality the club is not nearly as important as is who is the coach of the team. I have seen some great coaches at all of these clubs, and many coaches have rotated between these clubs themselves. Saying a particular coach was horrible when he was with club A but now is great because he is with club B is just irrational.

Comment

Good synopsis. Also I'd add that the mega clubs have tried to come in and set up cash mills and many folks have been burned on that front. I think a club with a stable and consistent product could thrive. But things get blown up so frequently, its hard to stay in the game. The mega club trolls will fire back at this, but I think things were better when Western United, Pioneers, FC Mass, and others were separate and autonomous. But kids and parents were attracted to the lure of ECNL, NPL, and DA, even though they'd never want to travel to the central and eastern MA training centers.
                      I could not agree more with your comments. For me, its the cost too. When my kid did Western way back when it felt like a serious club and they competed at high level it top bracket NPL. Now the costs have almost doubled, and they aren't in top tier, their tryouts look like they were held on a playground, and no one knows who the coach is going to be?!

Whaaatttttt??? For $2K a year....

I don't begrudge anyone and I don't write this to poke fun or insult - it just is a harsh reality.

Starting all over might make some sense.

Comment

Gps west ,WUP some good teams ,NEfc has to start from scratch and try to develop teams as a lot left in the hopes of finding greener pastures.The old stars west teams were ranked higher in every division than Fc Stars central ,couldn't have looked good for central and maybe they wanted it to fail.Nefc west 06 good and 03 better than the Stars encl team of same year still.

Comment

NEFC West = Crooks and Clowns

Comment

...and no one knows who the coach is going to be?!
                            Can't emphasize this point enough -- if the club demands a signed contract and financial deposit before knowing what you're getting in a coach, and you meet that demand, then you have no one to blame but yourself when it doesn't work out.

Comment

What if you get good coach ,yet still cry like a baby .What then ?

Comment

What if you get good coach ,yet still cry like a baby .What then ?
                                Sounds like the typical yahoo youth sports parent.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X