Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Interested to know for the 2007s age group. My daughter is at NEFC and the team is a hot mess. They put the team in the NEP premier bracket and after getting slaughtered 11-0 moved them down several brackets only to continue getting slaughtered. Not too thrilled with the other clubs but can't get worse than it is.

Not a troll!!
    That is because AS wasn't able to steal the 2007 group from WUP.

Comment

If your d team is getting beat 11-0 in Nep this tells me the coaches over rated players. Chances are the coaching is as good as the team.
      Half-right. I don't presume the coaches over-rated anyone or that they are as bad as the team performed. I do presume that to whomever the club offered roster spots had more to do with who showed up at tryouts and was willing to submit their debit card for autopay.

Comment

The real problem was NEFC being allowed to put four teams in the 2007 premiership.
        NEFC Central is excellent, but NEFC South Shore, World Cup and West won a total of three games between them, with two of the wins coming against each other.

Comment

The real problem was NEFC being allowed to put four teams in the 2007 premiership.
          NEFC Central is excellent, but NEFC South Shore, World Cup and West won a total of three games between them, with two of the wins coming against each other.
          How is that any different with GPS and FC Stars?

To the OP- at 2007 which is what? U11? Find a coach locally who runs a good program.

Comment

Winning means ZERO at this age....Get a grip

Comment

That is because AS wasn't able to steal the 2007 group from WUP.
              No it's because they let the good 2007s play up in 2006 united team

Comment

How is that any different with GPS and FC Stars?

To the OP- at 2007 which is what? U11? Find a coach locally who runs a good program.
                Let’s do the math. Teams in the 2007 premiership to start the season:

NEFC 4
                GPS 1
                Stars 0

Comment

Winning means ZERO at this age....Get a grip
                  It’s not the most important thing, obviously, but you are going to send your kid out to play on a team that loses by 10+ goals every week?

That’s going to really get the kid excited to play every week and foster development.

Comment

Then leave how hard is that,you signed up and you can leave at end of season.And go to another team and be on the E team there also but drive 2hrs And you will still complain.

Comment

Then leave how hard is that,you signed up and you can leave at end of season.And go to another team and be on the E team there also but drive 2hrs And you will still complain.
                      No club is perfect but if you are getting it handed to you 11-0, somethings not right. If you disagree, you know nothing.

Comment

Yes, a little bit of information goes a long way.... I assume you're talking soccer, yes?

Truth is - but no one wants to say -- Western MA Club soccer has been dying a slow death since roughly 4-5 years ago -- boys that is. When Western became a junior team to parent -- and FC Mass folded -- you have a many kids scrambling.

We just don't live in an area where it makes sense to play club soccer - for real. Not with the escalating costs and lack of a robust and dynamic club.

Yes some judgments here - and I don't presume to know each and every club - but that's the way I see it.

Comment

Yes, a little bit of information goes a long way.... I assume you're talking soccer, yes?

Truth is - but no one wants to say -- Western MA Club soccer has been dying a slow death since roughly 4-5 years ago -- boys that is. When Western became a junior team to parent -- and FC Mass folded -- you have a many kids scrambling.

We just don't live in an area where it makes sense to play club soccer - for real. Not with the escalating costs and lack of a robust and dynamic club.

Yes some judgments here - and I don't presume to know each and every club - but that's the way I see it.
                          Good synopsis. Also I'd add that the mega clubs have tried to come in and set up cash mills and many folks have been burned on that front. I think a club with a stable and consistent product could thrive. But things get blown up so frequently, its hard to stay in the game. The mega club trolls will fire back at this, but I think things were better when Western United, Pioneers, FC Mass, and others were separate and autonomous. But kids and parents were attracted to the lure of ECNL, NPL, and DA, even though they'd never want to travel to the central and eastern MA training centers.

Comment

Good synopsis. Also I'd add that the mega clubs have tried to come in and set up cash mills and many folks have been burned on that front. I think a club with a stable and consistent product could thrive. But things get blown up so frequently, its hard to stay in the game. The mega club trolls will fire back at this, but I think things were better when Western United, Pioneers, FC Mass, and others were separate and autonomous. But kids and parents were attracted to the lure of ECNL, NPL, and DA, even though they'd never want to travel to the central and eastern MA training centers.
                            Every market is different and in this case I think you're 100% right.

Comment

More players, A LOT more money spent, and I don't think the soccer is more than marginally better than it was 5 or 10 years ago.

Comment

More players, A LOT more money spent, and I don't think the soccer is more than marginally better than it was 5 or 10 years ago.
                                That's the club soccer business model in a nutshell right there.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X