Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best club/coach option in Western Mass

I'm trying to put my child on a club team and I'm very overwhelmed by all the clubs in the western mass area where we reside. It's very difficult to navigate through all the options available. With winter tryouts approaching, I am hoping I can get any feedback, positive or negative, about any experiences with clubs in this area. I'm not a troll but rather a very perplexed parent.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I'm trying to put my child on a club team and I'm very overwhelmed by all the clubs in the western mass area where we reside. It's very difficult to navigate through all the options available. With winter tryouts approaching, I am hoping I can get any feedback, positive or negative, about any experiences with clubs in this area. I'm not a troll but rather a very perplexed parent.
    This should be interesting. In all sincerity, good luck.

My friend's kid who plays for a D1 HS finalist, made the move to NEFC BBA West, so far so good, but who knows? That it may be good for her doesn't mean it would be for you. Which is why I would say your question is phrased improperly. Asking about a "club" means next to nothing. Substitute "coach" for "club" and proceed accordingly. If someone gives you feedback outside of what their coach is doing for their player, other than understanding cost details, throw it in the trash.

Comment

Might be good to disclose gender and age. It's less about the club and more about the coach and teammates

Comment

Best thing you can do is go check out fo some trainings there age group. Only way to know and even then you don't get a full picture until your knuckles deep in the ****.

Comment

Happy to give my input but you really need to state age and gender. Huge shot in the dark without this info.

Comment

Happy to give my input but you really need to state age and gender. Huge shot in the dark without this info.
            Girl u13

Comment

Girl u13
              That age group is a mess out here, and more changes to come after the spring. Whatever you think you see will certainly change. NEFC is the best choice now... best thing to do is go check out the practices and talk to the coaches. If traveling is an option then looking at the central region (BBA NPL or Stars) or Oakwood would be good choices if your G is up for it. Run from WUP

Comment

Girl u13
                Aztec. They're looking for good players.

Comment

Troll alert!!!

Comment

That age group is a mess out here, and more changes to come after the spring. Whatever you think you see will certainly change. NEFC is the best choice now... best thing to do is go check out the practices and talk to the coaches. If traveling is an option then looking at the central region (BBA NPL or Stars) or Oakwood would be good choices if your G is up for it. Run from WUP
                    Interested to know for the 2007s age group. My daughter is at NEFC and the team is a hot mess. They put the team in the NEP premier bracket and after getting slaughtered 11-0 moved them down several brackets only to continue getting slaughtered. Not too thrilled with the other clubs but can't get worse than it is.

Not a troll!!

Comment

Interested to know for the 2007s age group. My daughter is at NEFC and the team is a hot mess. They put the team in the NEP premier bracket and after getting slaughtered 11-0 moved them down several brackets only to continue getting slaughtered. Not too thrilled with the other clubs but can't get worse than it is.

Not a troll!!
                      Check out stars central.

Comment

Not a troll!!
                        If your d team is getting beat 11-0 in Nep this tells me the coaches over rated players. Chances are the coaching is as good as the team. It will never become anything so I’d say start looking to move in July if your daughter is the oddball good or decent player. Winter is a good time to get a few practice days with other clubs.

Comment

Check out stars central.
                          No need to have a 10 year old drive 2 hrs for practice on a third team. Troll in full effect

Comment

Some parents are delusional about their kids abilities and think they are a little Messi.When in fact they are right at the level where they are supposed to be.If they are getting beat 11-0 in 6th bracket in Nep and they are not having fun ,it may be time to find another team or even better another sport.

Comment

Not a troll!!
                              Town soccer for 30 times the price.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X