Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Vantucky really isn't the insult it may once have been. Many from the Couve have embraced the term and there are t-shirts and mugs emblazoned with it. My biggest question is what do they feed those boys? Seems like the boys teams always have really big players, don't know much about the girls side. Salmon creek 04 boys have a player who must be 6'1. Impressive!
    My point is - this isn't the 05 page. If you want to talk about the 04 boys then go for it. If you want to go down the rathole that is the 05 page, you can do that there.

There is no need to disparage or partially disparage players, teams, or places here. We can have a conversation with opposing views without the nastiness that anonymity sometimes fosters.

Just sayin

Now, what do you thing the best 04 match will be this weekend?

Comment

My point is - this isn't the 05 page. If you want to talk about the 04 boys then go for it. If you want to go down the rathole that is the 05 page, you can do that there.

There is no need to disparage or partially disparage players, teams, or places here. We can have a conversation with opposing views without the nastiness that anonymity sometimes fosters.

Just sayin

Now, what do you thing the best 04 match will be this weekend?
      My point above was that it is a stupid insult that means nothing really. I think the 04 boys from across the river are great players and kids.

Comment

How did TA do Today?

Comment

How did TA do Today?
          They got roles 5-0

Those trips to Seattle are going to be long.

If the TA were smart they would play local. It would give them free looks at the talent each week as they play the other DA clubs.

But that would be to simple and reasonable

Comment

They got roles 5-0

Those trips to Seattle are going to be long.

If the TA were smart they would play local. It would give them free looks at the talent each week as they play the other DA clubs.

But that would be to simple and reasonable
            Why do they play in Seattle? They don’t have the quality to do so in both the 05’s and ‘04’s. US Soccer should step in and organize this better. All Oregon teams should play in the Oregon league. PTFC DA at 3-4 of the DA age groups isn’t even the top team in the area.

Comment

Predictions this weekend?

Comment

Vantucky is the top team around here. The others just beat up on each other

Comment

https://media.tenor.com/images/38e8f...45bc/tenor.gif

Comment

Wrong thread--he plays for the 05 Timbers Academy. He's not an 04.

Comment

They sure didn't look as invincible as you make them out to be last weekend.
                      Good team for sure. Just not as brilliant as you think. I agree with the guy who said that your team is playing with more grit this year than last. I think that's because of the big new kid in the middle...who is technically sound, and because you added some less technical players from your second team that make up for it with physicality. It's been a good mix for that team.
                      I just think it's funny that you are watching the same team as me, and I have them as good, and you seem to have them as world beaters.....

Comment

Predictions this weekend?
                        I'll take a swing at predictions for DA

Crossfire 1- Westside 3
                        I don't think CO is set up to deal with the type of soccer Westside play or deal with the physical.

Capital 3 - BSC 1
                        BSC will get a goal from speed on the wing. Capital will score 3 but miss twice as many.

Eastside 0 - Westside 6
                        Hopeful that the game is better than this and that the home side score.

Comment

I'll take a swing at predictions for DA

Crossfire 1- Westside 3
                          I don't think CO is set up to deal with the type of soccer Westside play or deal with the physical.

Capital 3 - BSC 1
                          BSC will get a goal from speed on the wing. Capital will score 3 but miss twice as many.

Eastside 0 - Westside 6
                          Hopeful that the game is better than this and that the home side score.
                          3-1 Crossfire over Westside

Comment

3-1 Crossfire over Westside
                            Yes. Westside didn't have a keeper. Had to use a field player.

Comment

Yes. Westside didn't have a keeper. Had to use a field player.
                              Jimmy should have called Cony; the 05s have two keepers, and Jimmy dang well knows it.

(Obviously, if this happened on short notice, that may not have been an option).

Comment

Jimmy should have called Cony; the 05s have two keepers, and Jimmy dang well knows it.

(Obviously, if this happened on short notice, that may not have been an option).
                                Would not have mattered

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X