Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Those days are over. Wait and see. Also, there will be friendlies with some of the little DA's....The top teams that is. FC and Washington.
    What days are those, exactly?

Comment

I don't know about United PDX, but Xfire is probably going to be pretty tough if reports on here are true. Their defenders last year would have held TA, or at least made it very difficult.
      Crossfire is a good defensive squad; but not an unbeatable one. Finesse offensive teams often have trouble scoring on them. On the other hand, teams with big physical forwards, or those who can reliably shoot from outside the box, can beat them.

(And TA has plenty of both).

Comment

Crossfire is a good defensive squad; but not an unbeatable one. Finesse offensive teams often have trouble scoring on them. On the other hand, teams with big physical forwards, or those who can reliably shoot from outside the box, can beat them.

(And TA has plenty of both).
        I am familiar with both teams and would like to see them match up. I could see it going either way, but it would be fun to watch.

Comment

What days are those, exactly?
          Having kids on the bench who do not belong in TA.

Comment

Having kids on the bench who do not belong in TA.
            Are they going to be carrying less numbers into next year? Or just different personnel?

Comment

Are they going to be carrying less numbers into next year? Or just different personnel?
              Regardless, TA still still has ethical flaws and does not have 3-5 of the top 10 players at this age on its roster so who cares....

Comment

so who cares....
                Did those 3-5 tryout and not make it?

Comment

Regardless, TA still still has ethical flaws and does not have 3-5 of the top 10 players at this age on its roster so who cares....
                  And who do you suppose those "3-5" are? Arguments can be made for AP and AK at FC, a defender or two at Crossfire, maybe someone at WashT. But that's "arguments"; not (for example) "AP is obviously better than anyone on the TA" (I'll agree he's a better player than RF, but better than AB or Gunder at forward?) And a top-ten talent?

The main elite player who last year wasn't at TA that should have been, was TM at WashT; and that was IIRC his decision. He's reportedly moving to TA this season. Other than that--at best you have "arguments", not "OMG how is this person not starting".

And keep in mind: we're talking about "top 10 players on age" in this conversation, so no whining about the Slytherins. Nobody pretends they are top ten in anything.

Comment

Did those 3-5 tryout and not make it?
                    No and have said no 2 years in a row.....

Comment

No and have said no 2 years in a row.....
                      They were selected for the team and said no?

Comment

And who do you suppose those "3-5" are? Arguments can be made for AP and AK at FC, a defender or two at Crossfire, maybe someone at WashT. But that's "arguments"; not (for example) "AP is obviously better than anyone on the TA" (I'll agree he's a better player than RF, but better than AB or Gunder at forward?) And a top-ten talent?

The main elite player who last year wasn't at TA that should have been, was TM at WashT; and that was IIRC his decision. He's reportedly moving to TA this season. Other than that--at best you have "arguments", not "OMG how is this person not starting".

And keep in mind: we're talking about "top 10 players on age" in this conversation, so no whining about the Slytherins. Nobody pretends they are top ten in anything.
                        Funny who you mention, and yes AP and the goalie are better than current players on the TA roster, but this is not a FC blow game honk- you also forgot a certain midfielder from CFC, a player from eastside, a couple kids from oysa and also some offensive players from xfire who are yes better than current rostered players who started most of the year- and I am not just referring to players named billups or his cronies or the other ADF player who’s dad is a hypocrical whiner(you do the math)

Comment

They were selected for the team and said no?
                          Yes, can you not comprehend that? Some parents (and kids) realize that TA is not the end all be all and they play other sports and yet are still as good as kids “specializing” at TA at soccer at 13. And when you put them on the field together those kids show their true talent whatever the setting...

Comment

Yes, can you not comprehend that? Some parents (and kids) realize that TA is not the end all be all and they play other sports and yet are still as good as kids “specializing” at TA at soccer at 13. And when you put them on the field together those kids show their true talent whatever the setting...
                            There is a difference between "TA is not picking the best players" and "TA invited some players who declined". The original implication was that TA was doing a poor job of identifying talent; they can't do anything about players who don't wanna play. (And at U13/U14, if a Good Athlete isn't interested, they ain't interested).

Like I've said many times--if you were to pick an Oregon DA All-Star team, it would give TA a good game. And at this age group, I would expect that even a single team might be able to knock off the academy from time to time. It would be a minor upset but not unthinkable.

OTOH, the Timbers U17 academy teams would probably kick the crap out of any club or HS team anywhere in the state. At some point, the separation occurs.

Comment

Funny who you mention, and yes AP and the goalie are better than current players on the TA roster, but this is not a FC blow game honk- you also forgot a certain midfielder from CFC, a player from eastside, a couple kids from oysa and also some offensive players from xfire who are yes better than current rostered players who started most of the year- and I am not just referring to players named billups or his cronies or the other ADF player who’s dad is a hypocrical whiner(you do the math)
                              You're changing the topic slightly again. The topic is: Top Ten 05s from Oregon (and Southwest Washington). Nobody on Eastside is anywhere close. AK, AP.... maybe; though they've been excelling at lesser competition. Lots of FC honks here seem to think that AK is a better keeper than ZA--maybe they are right, I don't know.

Forwards: for TA: AB, GM, MM, SB, all get lots of goals, and against better competition, generally, then anyone in Oregon DA.

Mids: TM and TE were the only two 05 mids in Oregon DA that deserve to be in this conversation. Add returning TA players RTR and YE to the mix. Nobody I can think of in the Oregon DA comes close.

Defenders: Here it's a bit harder to pick out the best. Crossfire had probably the best defensive unit in Oregon DA, you could argue for one of their centerbacks. BSC's right fullback is really good (though this might be advanced physical maturity). WashT had a fine defensive unit, and Westside put together a stellar defense this past season from a trio of athletic freaks, though I wouldn't put any of them on a Top Ten list (nor anyone currently at WT for that matter). Speaking of Westside, JB (who played right wing for Copa back in the day) is nowadays on the backline at TA and remains a highly skilled player.

I don't know enough about any OYSA players to comment on them.

The claim that half the Top Ten 05s are not on the TA roster is hard to justify, and will be harder to justify this coming season. Again--at best you can argue that certain players OUGHT to be in that conversation, but I see a lot of hometown honks in this forum who are overrating the kids on their own teams, and/or over-valuing early bloomers who ought to be compared to 04 rather than 05s.

Comment

The 05 age group has a few decent players, but the reason you all argue over them so much is that they are - on average - not a very strong crop of players.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X