Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    What I don't understand is why some parents are all so excited about joining this club that has no NY based coaches or existing teams. Do they think that a good club is going to have a 'first in stays forever' policy?

And their record, on the boys side at least, in the US DA is pretty poor. The 17/18 squad hasn't won a game in 6 months:
    http://surf.ussoccerda.com/sam/teams...p?team=1400882

And the 15/17 and 13/14 teams haven't done much better.

Just don't understand all the hype.
    It's hype on BOTN. Most people I've spoken with are taking a wait and see attitude. No one is moving an older kid over there this year. Younger kids may do fine. It's just one of many, many options available. If Surf can make it work and work well, then it's good for area soccer. But it isn't easy building a competitive program around here from scratch.

Comment

It's hype on BOTN. Most people I've spoken with are taking a wait and see attitude. No one is moving an older kid over there this year. Younger kids may do fine. It's just one of many, many options available. If Surf can make it work and work well, then it's good for area soccer. But it isn't easy building a competitive program around here from scratch.
      Larry is a tool ... He wouldn't know quality if it bit him in the arse

Comment

Eric, I like your passion! You are a little hard to follow.

Is the above directed at Larry? If so I am not sure what you are referring to. If you want to bash him that's cool with me. I don't like him so any Larry bashing is a good thing. I want to understand it though
        I know this is old but what I was doing was just copying what I wrote to Larry about something he was saying and I knew he wouldn't post it but I did it to see exactly how it would happen. This is what I believe we should do to really annoy him. Just Copy all his thread and post them here and trust me by word of mouth people will come here to discuss those matters. And if you think Larry isn't reading these post don't let him fool you. He is so far up his own its funny. Is he an older guy or something. Seems like he has self esteem issues or something because the only thing he will allow on his site really is people fighting which I believe he post most of the stuff under a blank name but hey that's him. Anyway

Eric Harris

Comment

I know this is old but what I was doing was just copying what I wrote to Larry about something he was saying and I knew he wouldn't post it but I did it to see exactly how it would happen. This is what I believe we should do to really annoy him. Just Copy all his thread and post them here and trust me by word of mouth people will come here to discuss those matters. And if you think Larry isn't reading these post don't let him fool you. He is so far up his own its funny. Is he an older guy or something. Seems like he has self esteem issues or something because the only thing he will allow on his site really is people fighting which I believe he post most of the stuff under a blank name but hey that's him. Anyway

Eric Harris
          Larry is old as dirt

Comment

How many teams? Teams in multiple locations?

I'm getting confused. Is NY Surf planning on 1-2 teams per age group and they will all train and play out of one location? Or are they planning several teams in and around NYC?

Comment

I'm getting confused. Is NY Surf planning on 1-2 teams per age group and they will all train and play out of one location? Or are they planning several teams in and around NYC?
              They are planning on one team per age group per location. Meaning that the Westchester Surf will have one team per age group and the Suffolk Surf will have one team per age group (being limited to just four girls teams 00 through 03 this year).

Comment

They are planning on one team per age group per location. Meaning that the Westchester Surf will have one team per age group and the Suffolk Surf will have one team per age group (being limited to just four girls teams 00 through 03 this year).
                In what league? With which coaches? All hype right now. There are clubs every 3 miles here in NY. Not like SD. Huuuuuge difference. The only players they will get are outcasts.

Comment

In what league? With which coaches? All hype right now. There are clubs every 3 miles here in NY. Not like SD. Huuuuuge difference. The only players they will get are outcasts.
                  And if you pose that question on BOTN Larry just replies "Don't worry. It will be TOP coaches." Oh ok Larry. Let me pull my kids from their well established clubs with good coaching to this new but "name brand club" that can't even tell me what league the teams are in or who will be coaching. Sounds great!

Comment

And if you pose that question on BOTN Larry just replies "Don't worry. It will be TOP coaches." Oh ok Larry. Let me pull my kids from their well established clubs with good coaching to this new but "name brand club" that can't even tell me what league the teams are in or who will be coaching. Sounds great!
                    Cmon they have been planning this for 18 months they should have it all worked out by now right?

#smokeandmirrors #aidedandabbettedbyBOTN

Comment

And not only TOP coaches, " they will not be the usual recycled coaches that all the clubs use areound here. Oh I am privy to so much. And it is amazing some of the coaches they are negotiating with ... it will somebody very famous with incrediblw Wow factor when the girl's DOC is finally announced."

That's what Cruz said about Carle F before he announced her.

Comment

And not only TOP coaches, " they will not be the usual recycled coaches that all the clubs use areound here. Oh I am privy to so much. And it is amazing some of the coaches they are negotiating with ... it will somebody very famous with incrediblw Wow factor when the girl's DOC is finally announced."

No shot they get DA. Absolutely zero. They have none of the qualifications needed. None. No shot for ecnl either. Make that NPL too. I am lost on the attraction. Maybe in a few years if all falls perfect for them.

Comment

Ah yes - Larry and his "inside information." Good thing he doesn't work on Wall Street lol

Comment

No shot they get DA. Absolutely zero. They have none of the qualifications needed. None. No shot for ecnl either. Make that NPL too. I am lost on the attraction. Maybe in a few years if all falls perfect for them.
                            If there is enough wealth, why can't you buy your club the necessary ingredients to pursue the league you want? Didn't SUSA just buy an NPL spot? They probably should keep the ISA brand as it seems to be perceived as the better quality brand. Similar to Surf brand, no?

Comment

Not equating ISA brand to Surf brand, just that the Surf brand has the better reputation as opposed to the name of the club they bought.

Comment

Is Larry changing his mind?

His reply to the question of the girls DOC is interesting:

Poster: A few pages back had them bringing in a high profile US woman's team team player as their DOC, wonder if that's still in the works? But rather they take the time and do it right.

Larry: Yes, however that candidate did not work out. The club is still insistent on getting a DOC of high quality and those relationships take time. The candidate also has be comfortable that his/her "good name" is not tarnished. Talks continue and I was told today that they are widening their search.

Question 1: if this new club is legit, why is their a question of taking the DOC job potentially "tarnishing" the person's reputation?

Question 2: Why widen the search? Did other initial candidates turn them down?

Question 3: Does widening the search = widening the interpretation of a "high quality, reputable" person to take the DOC helm?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X