Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    A try out fee makes sense but how did they come up with $125. If they get 40 kids out per age group that is $5,000 for 3-4 hours of tryouts per team.
    times four teams! that is $20,000 cash in just hours. no judging here, just admiring the business skill.

Comment

times four teams! that is $20,000 cash in just hours. no judging here, just admiring the business skill.
      You are right - and parents complain when our neighborhood club charges $15 more for the Beaverton Cup than they think we should charge.

Comment

Great to hear GDA is now starting to let some kids do high school sports. Their first good move in my opinion.

Comment

Great to hear GDA is now starting to let some kids do high school sports. Their first good move in my opinion.
          They have to or they won't have any players. Not that they have any good players now, but unskilled is better than none.

Comment

They have to or they won't have any players. Not that they have any good players now, but unskilled is better than none.
            It just shows what a college business education can do for you. The sports thing being able to stay involved in soccer after your too old is just a bonus.

Comment

I'd honestly feel bad about the thorns not doing so well but they were so dumb and arrogant in the roll out of this that they forgot they needed to actually do a good job.

Comment

Link? Do the people at Thorns know about this?

Comment

Link? Do the people at Thorns know about this?
                  I don’t think there is anything stopping players from doing high school sports. Us soccer isn’t enforcing any rules as far as I can see. Might help them improve some of the weak teams.

Comment

The good news is no one is forcing any players to try out for GDA. GDA does encourage top soccer focused players to join and work to become the best soccer players they can be. The players that would rather play high school sports than concentrate on soccer would eventually drop out of GDA anyway.

Comment

I don’t think there is anything stopping players from doing high school sports. Us soccer isn’t enforcing any rules as far as I can see. Might help them improve some of the weak teams.
                      The extreme restrictions on high school activities have really hurt the quality of players that the thorns acadeny has gotten and girls are figuring out they don’t want to stay. Unless USSf GDA figures that out really quick this will be getting even worse.

Comment

US Soccer rules prohibit a try out fee for GDA. Thorns charge a fee. So the rules must be flexible.

Comment

The good news is no one is forcing any players to try out for GDA. GDA does encourage top soccer focused players to join and work to become the best soccer players they can be. The players that would rather play high school sports than concentrate on soccer would eventually drop out of GDA anyway.
                          The gda’s purpose is to develop the next uswnt players. Future national team players don’t have time to dabble in high school sports for fun. Most CAL Ecnl players don’t even play hs soccer or other sports. Oregon is behind on this and it shows in our quality of players.

Comment

The extreme restrictions on high school activities have really hurt the quality of players that the thorns acadeny has gotten and girls are figuring out they don’t want to stay. Unless USSf GDA figures that out really quick this will be getting even worse.
                            Girls are figuring out that GDA games are boring. Nobody comes to watch. Nobody cares. High school rivalry game you get hundreds of fans and peers cheering you on. Comraderie playing with school friends. GDA is selfish all about me. HS is fun.

Comment

HS is fun.
                              The goal of all recreational soccer is to have fun.

Comment

Girls are figuring out that GDA games are boring. Nobody comes to watch. Nobody cares. High school rivalry game you get hundreds of fans and peers cheering you on. Comraderie playing with school friends. GDA is selfish all about me. HS is fun.
                                GDA is serious. It’s not supposed to be fun. How do you think Dempsey, Solo, Rapino, Howard and the rest of the national team got so humorless and irritable? It wasn’t by playing for fun. If you want dead serious focused soccer then national team is your destination. If you want to have fun then play high school.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X