Talking-Soccer.com  

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > New York

Notices

New York Discussions about New York soccer.

Old 03-12-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Given the population size there should be at least two clubs on LI. Imagine a world where there is a club (or two) that actually has a clue what it's doing attracts the best players, has the best coaches. I'm not saying it is Barca, but there isn't that now at all despite how many clubs? Instead, we have the clown show we have now.

There are youth systems like that. Just not in the US. Never will be
Old 03-12-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
Iím wondering the over/under on what month the Barca clowns start spouting that they are getting DA in 19/20?
Why wait? I'll start it now! Barca to the DA next year!
Old 03-13-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
You must be a friend of RM.
Ralph Macchio - the karate kid?
Old 03-13-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
Ralph Macchio - the karate kid?
Well, he is from Long Island, just a little southwest from where Barca's fields will be. He graduated from HHHHSE.
Old 03-15-2018
Unregistered

So does Barca have to pay for the fields at Cantiaque or do they get it for free now. Iím not sure if what Nassau county is trying to do affects them now or later.
Old 03-15-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
So does Barca have to pay for the fields at Cantiaque or do they get it for free now. Iím not sure if what Nassau county is trying to do affects them now or later.
Was Cantiague on the list of fee waived fields? I did not read that one mentioned.
Old 03-15-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
Was Cantiague on the list of fee waived fields? I did not read that one mentioned.
I was very curious about that article. I am sympathetic to the kids that are playing on fee waived fields but I of course started wondering if my kid is playing on fee waived fields or are we paying?

They need to charge everyone or waive everyone or it s not fair.
Old 03-15-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
I was very curious about that article. I am sympathetic to the kids that are playing on fee waived fields but I of course started wondering if my kid is playing on fee waived fields or are we paying?

They need to charge everyone or waive everyone or it s not fair.
Plus - i cant see how any organization with paid staff should be using the parks for free.

If it is a non profit run by volunteers that is one thing. But if people are making a living off of the parks that I pay for how does that make sense?
Old 03-15-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
Plus - i cant see how any organization with paid staff should be using the parks for free.

If it is a non profit run by volunteers that is one thing. But if people are making a living off of the parks that I pay for how does that make sense?
Good Lord. Nonprofits are allowed to pay people and have employees!
Old 03-15-2018
Unregistered

Quote:

Also - how do the school fields work - do the clubs playing on district facilities pay for those?

Anyone know how all this works? We are getting crushed by taxes. Am i paying for school and park fields that are being used by organizations to run businesses?