Talking-Soccer.com  

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > New York

Notices

New York Discussions about New York soccer.

Old 03-11-2018
Unregistered

Default Alleycats 03 NPL girls

Tip my hat to the Alleycats 03 NPL Girls team for traveling to GPS tournament in MA to play SSS. Good for them seeking out the best competition. They came up short 4-1 even though sss didn't have their best scorer and defender b/c of NT.
Old 03-11-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Tip my hat to the Alleycats 03 NPL Girls team for traveling to GPS tournament in MA to play SSS. Good for them seeking out the best competition. They came up short 4-1 even though sss didn't have their best scorer and defender b/c of NT.
Stop embarrassing me dad or I'll start to hate you.

Signed - your daughter
Old 03-11-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
Stop embarrassing me dad or I'll start to hate you.

Signed - your daughter
What's embarrassing is the Got Soccer ranking of Alleycats.
Old 03-12-2018
Unregistered

After seeing parts of 3 matches struggling against lower tier ECNL teams at NEWSS, i hardly think it was necessary to seek out the best competition. Not what you would expect from gotsoccer's #1 team in the nation!
Old 03-12-2018
Unregistered

Gotsoccer rankings measure how good a team is at getting gotsoccer points. It happens to correlate ok with team quality most of the time, but there are some gaping holes in their methodology.

Winning 1 of 10 games in a top division is frequently far more valuable than winning 10 of 10 in a second division.
Old 03-12-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
Gotsoccer rankings measure how good a team is at getting gotsoccer points. It happens to correlate ok with team quality most of the time, but there are some gaping holes in their methodology.

Winning 1 of 10 games in a top division is frequently far more valuable than winning 10 of 10 in a second division.
I would think they would be playing in the top division in these tournaments, no? Sometimes you have no choice, the tournament places you where they think you belong. Shame on them if they intentionally play in lower division to pile up points.
Old 03-12-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
I would think they would be playing in the top division in these tournaments, no? Sometimes you have no choice, the tournament places you where they think you belong. Shame on them if they intentionally play in lower division to pile up points.

No -- I'm sorry, I did not mean to imply anything about the Alleycats. Mine was a general statement about the flaws in gotsoccer's methodology.

My apologies if it seemed I was doing otherwise.
Old 04-04-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
What's embarrassing is the Got Soccer ranking of Alleycats.
lol. funny stuff