X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2017 Girls HS Soccer

What are your predictions?

I see Portsmouth repeating as state champions with LaSalle taking runner up again. Lincoln could make some noise this year, Mt Hope will struggle, Cumberland and Smithfield will be bottom feeders.
    Cumberland
    10.38%
    La Salle
    44.34%
    Lincoln
    9.43%
    Mt. Hope
    12.26%
    Portsmouth
    21.70%
    Smithfield
    1.89%

The poll is expired.

I think a lot of it will depend upon whether or not some of the top Rhode Island players playing in Ma decide to play GDA. If they do they cannot play high school soccer. Lots of RI girls playing for Breakers so it will be interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      I think a lot of it will depend upon whether or not some of the top Rhode Island players playing in Ma decide to play GDA. If they do they cannot play high school soccer. Lots of RI girls playing for Breakers so it will be interesting.
      Very good point.

Comment

Lasalle praying this happens.

Comment

Lasalle praying this happens.
          Everyone must be bored. A poll? Where is the rest of D1? Where is SK, NK? Mt. Hope?

Comment

Everyone must be bored. A poll? Where is the rest of D1? Where is SK, NK? Mt. Hope?
            oooops my mistake. just saw Mt. Hope.

Comment

SK & NK irrelevant as always

Comment

SK & NK irrelevant as always
                I have never seen a school do so little with so much as NK does....

Comment

I have never seen a school do so little with so much as NK does....
                  RIHS soccer is all about the coach. Good coach can make a mediocre team very good. Bad coach can make a very good team mediocre.

Comment

RIHS soccer is all about the coach. Good coach can make a mediocre team very good. Bad coach can make a very good team mediocre.
                    Are there any good coaches out there? I don't think we have any good coaches in RI. At any level. HS is rec league anyway, who really cares. At the club level there may be a handful.
                    "Talent" is the key word. At LaSalle we have talent. Portsmouth and one or two others will have talent this year once again. SK, Smith, NK, Lincoln, and possibly Cumberland don't really have a lot of talent, once again, this year. Maybe a few players on each team.
                    Yes the coach can make the team good or bad. For the most part the teams fall right where they belong. That is the beauty of soccer.

Comment

Try not to drink so much at lunch. LaSalle grad or just a proud parent?

Comment

Are there any good coaches out there? I don't think we have any good coaches in RI. At any level. HS is rec league anyway, who really cares. At the club level there may be a handful.
                        "Talent" is the key word. At LaSalle we have talent. Portsmouth and one or two others will have talent this year once again. SK, Smith, NK, Lincoln, and possibly Cumberland don't really have a lot of talent, once again, this year. Maybe a few players on each team.
                        Yes the coach can make the team good or bad. For the most part the teams fall right where they belong. That is the beauty of soccer.
                        Lasalle has the most talent by far every year. LL is a bad coach.

Comment

Try not to drink so much at lunch. LaSalle grad or just a proud parent?
                          Both!!!!!!! Ba ha ha

Comment

Unless you are a private school, you would need a good feeder system to be successful. Portsmouth, Smithfield, NK, SK have done a good job of developing their players. Obvious, the number of premier players is also a good indicator of success but not all premier players are equal. To a certain degree if all things are equal, coaches play in important role in the success of the programs.

Comment

Unless you are a private school, you would need a good feeder system to be successful. Portsmouth, Smithfield, NK, SK have done a good job of developing their players. Obvious, the number of premier players is also a good indicator of success but not all premier players are equal. To a certain degree if all things are equal, coaches play in important role in the success of the programs.
                              Talent is the key to success. South County, Ocean State, NKYS, are all good feeder systems. Quality? Most of the better players play for Rams FC or GPS South in South County. Once again, quality? The few really good ones try to compete for a spot on NEFC or Bayside. Compared to NEFC, Bayside, whose players play for LaSalle, Smithfield and a few other HS teams, the numbers may be in southern RI but the quality is in Northern RI/MA "clubs". I see what is recruited and comes into LaSalle. Just can't compare. Portsmouth does a great job keeping there team together all year.
                              What I see at this level from coaches is not really technical/tactical related. It's more or less getting a bunch of different players from different levels to gel. Most of the training for this quick season comes from club training and coaching.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X