Is it true?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    No dissent allowed in Stars land. Either you are with the cause or against it. We must act as one, we must think as one.

Until my kid gets cut or moved to the 3rd team. Then all bets are off.
    So, as a Stars parent, you feel the forum has been short on criticizing Stars?

You can alway slide over to NEFC where they bring in players just in time for regionals.

Comment

Making it about me, another shocker.

Is there a reason why you sign only some of your posts?
      You didn't answer the questions. Provide a little more niformation demonstrating that you are really a Stars parent and we can get right back on topic.

And just in case you are a "new" Stars parent, let me assure you that the allegation that Stars have made their name based on recruiting players from other clubs has been alive and well for the past 5-6 years.

Comment

Someone mentioned that one of the Stars HS age teams have only one player that was with the club at U10. The rest of the kids are players that started out with other teams. If that is true for this one team, is it true for the others?
        "Someone mentioned"? Who would that "someone" be?

Comment

You didn't answer the questions.
          Well I guess that makes two of us. Again, shocker.

Comment

I would like to know how many on the Bolts U14 started with the Bolts U10

Comment

Well I guess that makes two of us. Again, shocker.
              I'll take this as your confirmation.

Comment

You didn't answer the questions. Provide a little more niformation demonstrating that you are really a Stars parent and we can get right back on topic.

And just in case you are a "new" Stars parent, let me assure you that the allegation that Stars have made their name based on recruiting players from other clubs has been alive and well for the past 5-6 years.
                Players migrate to the best teams as they get older and seek better competition and stronger teammates (note that I did not say "better coaching"). The attraction of Stars, Scorpions (when they were at their peak), NEFC (emerging), etc. is that they seem to supply the competition and exposure that the very top players demand.

So the top players join the top teams, and they displace players who might have been in the program and playing for the top team since u-little. Those players either move down or out, and displace other players. What's so hard to understand about this process?

Lower level clubs don't attract top players, so the displacement process doesn't apply nearly as much to them. And, they can rightly claim that their teams stay intact longer. That doesn't make them great developers of talent; it just means that they're not destinations for top players.

As one would expect, the parental influence is huge in all of this. As little Mia gets to be U14 or U15, mom and dad get more nervous about finding the right exposure. So they jump. No one is going to travel massive distances to join a mediocre team. But really good players do it routinely, and when they do they create turnover.

Comment

So, as a Stars parent, you feel the forum has been short on criticizing Stars?
                  Allow me.

Zzzzzzzz.

Comment

Players migrate to the best teams as they get older and seek better competition and stronger teammates (note that I did not say "better coaching"). The attraction of Stars, Scorpions (when they were at their peak), NEFC (emerging), etc. is that they seem to supply the competition and exposure that the very top players demand.

So the top players join the top teams, and they displace players who might have been in the program and playing for the top team since u-little. Those players either move down or out, and displace other players. What's so hard to understand about this process?

Lower level clubs don't attract top players, so the displacement process doesn't apply nearly as much to them. And, they can rightly claim that their teams stay intact longer. That doesn't make them great developers of talent; it just means that they're not destinations for top players.

As one would expect, the parental influence is huge in all of this. As little Mia gets to be U14 or U15, mom and dad get more nervous about finding the right exposure. So they jump. No one is going to travel massive distances to join a mediocre team. But really good players do it routinely, and when they do they create turnover.
                    That's a different poster responding to what was directed at me, but it's spot on and consistent with an earlier post of mine.

It's unreasonable to characterize the destination clubs as not developing any of their own players just as it's unreasonable to hold against them the migration of players that's likely to follow whatever success they have. That's part of the market being efficient.

I don't need to be a Stars parent to know this. It's not unique to Stars. And knowing those things doesn't preclude from finding an over-the-top objection of criticizing your own club silly.

Comment

That's a different poster responding to what was directed at me, but it's spot on and consistent with an earlier post of mine.

It's unreasonable to characterize the destination clubs as not developing any of their own players just as it's unreasonable to hold against them the migration of players that's likely to follow whatever success they have. That's part of the market being efficient.

I don't need to be a Stars parent to know this. It's not unique to Stars. And knowing those things doesn't preclude from finding an over-the-top objection of criticizing your own club silly.
                      You not only don't need to be a Stars parent, you are not a Stars parent. Now, after-the-fact, you're endorsing that your points apply to all destination clubs, but for some reason you elected to jump in being Stars-specific. Should we look at your first post again?

Comment

You not only don't need to be a Stars parent, you are not a Stars parent. Now, after-the-fact, you're endorsing that your points apply to all destination clubs, but for some reason you elected to jump in being Stars-specific. Should we look at your first post again?
                        And my first post wasn't Stars-specific, you jackass.

And again, whatever my view point on destination clubs, and for the purpose of this discussion, none of them being unlike the others, that doesn't change finding your emotional and anti-agenda tirade response to the thought of a Stars parent being critical of Stars predictable and boring (pssst...even if it wasn't really a Stars parent...wink, wink).

Comment

Oh wait, I forgot that YOU can figure out who wrote which posts...at least enough and whenever it's convenient to make an argument that ends up being a conversation with yourself - you saying whatever it is you say and you saying whatever it is you say the other guy said.

Comment

Someone mentioned that one of the Stars HS age teams have only one player that was with the club at U10. The rest of the kids are players that started out with other teams. If that is true for this one team, is it true for the others?
                            zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Comment

I have to laugh at those who post "who cares". Obviously someone cares. So rather than belittle the point, how about answering the actual point. Don't have any idea whether it's true or not then don't post. Otherwise you fall right into the profile of obnoxious Stars supporters that you are trying to defend.

The bigger issue here is why don't the Stars have a better record bringing players along. Certainly their older teams that have since graduated seem to have had better results in this respect. Why the change?
                              So is THIS the Stars-specific post that you claim was not Stars-specific?

And, btw, interesting how there is no mention here of being an Stars parent...only a disparaging remark about "obnoxious Stars supporters."

Comment

Hate to disappoint OCDman, but I am actually a Stars parent who wonders the direction of the club. Stars have always been big recruiters, but the core of older teams were often local kids that had been with the club as Ulittles. It doesn't sound like that is the case any more if what is being said is true.
                                Or, were you referring to THIS Stars-specific post?

I knew you were a liar (wink, wink), but I didn't realize you were this dumb. Nothing worse than someone who is really dumb who believes he is clever.

Comment

Working...
                                X