Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    MaxPreps representatives will be answering more questions on this at the MSSDA meeting in late March. Long story short, it will look at all high school scores across he state/strength of schedule etc.
    If you want a frightening glimpse of the future, take a look at how max preps ranked the teams this past season. Absolute joke, and highly contradictory to MIAA. I don’t think the seedlings were the problem

Comment

If you want a frightening glimpse of the future, take a look at how max preps ranked the teams this past season. Absolute joke, and highly contradictory to MIAA. I don’t think the seedlings were the problem
      Even more reason my daughter wants to play DA and skip high school soccer. Sounds like a mess.

Comment

Even more reason my daughter wants to play DA and skip high school soccer. Sounds like a mess.
        Yeah, pay 10k for USSF soccer .... Totally organized.

Comment

This is your THIRD attempt to start this old argument. Start a new thread jackass.

Comment

Not anymore without a cakewalk to the playoffs
            Exactly. How is a level playing field unfair?? We live in the sticks and we deserve a cupcake bracket so we only have to play a couple of tough matches to be champs!

Comment

Exactly. How is a level playing field unfair?? We live in the sticks and we deserve a cupcake bracket so we only have to play a couple of tough matches to be champs!
              Then why don't you beat us when you have the chance? Cuz you can't.

Comment

Then why don't you beat us when you have the chance? Cuz you can't.
                Cupcake days are over Jethro!

Comment

Cupcake days are over Jethro!
                  Nah, just starting. Looking forward to more cupcakes up and down 128.

Comment

Yes you want cupcakes you need to travel East for sure.

Comment

You guys can actually earn your way in now. Good luck.

If the east is forcing this on the rest of the state then it is the east that should be doing all the driving. Going from North Adams to play in Nantucket, 5-6 hours each way, is just asinine. Whoever thinks this is a good idea is brain damaged. I understand the grass is always greener, and the wining that "if we played in a different region it we would have won and gone through", however the West won 3 of the state titles this past year. Obviously they must have tough teams out there as well then. All this does is increase the travel time for everyone. I work in Hartford, so I won't be able to make it to any tournament game out east. I'm a soccer guy, so I'd hate to have this happen. As long as it is the east teams traveling out west, then I'm perfectly fine with this. just don't make the west drive out east.

Comment

If the east is forcing this on the rest of the state then it is the east that should be doing all the driving. Going from North Adams to play in Nantucket, 5-6 hours each way, is just asinine. Whoever thinks this is a good idea is brain damaged. I understand the grass is always greener, and the wining that "if we played in a different region it we would have won and gone through", however the West won 3 of the state titles this past year. Obviously they must have tough teams out there as well then. All this does is increase the travel time for everyone. I work in Hartford, so I won't be able to make it to any tournament game out east. I'm a soccer guy, so I'd hate to have this happen. As long as it is the east teams traveling out west, then I'm perfectly fine with this. just don't make the west drive out east.
                        If the state proposal goes through, there will be 5 divisions. Division 1 will be made up primarily of Eastern Mass, the big schools in Central Mass (Wachusett, Leominster....) and the big schools out in Western Mass. Division 2 would be primarily Eastern Mass, the remaining portions of CMass Division 1 right now (schools the size of Westboro and Marlboro) and maybe some Western Mass. Division 4 and 5 will be primarily Central and Western Mass. Division 3 will probably be the most spread out.

Comment

Question you actually talked to your daughter about the playoff format in high school soccer and how it may change? This is one of the reason why SHE wants to play DA? I could think of a lot more reason than this one. I don’t think it’s going to be as big of a deal as some would think.

Comment

Lots more travel for the west and less time for everything else.Per usual East bs.

Comment

This is scary. Our AD is completely incompetent. I would have no faith that she would create a schedule etc that would benefit our teams. Probably just the opposite.

Comment

Lots more travel for the west and less time for everything else.Per usual East bs.
                                We should give Western MA to NY.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X