Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Stop your crying. If you have a player that is good enough to be on the YNT you have already made your way to the DA. This is just common sense....the federation wants their NT pool trained under their curriculum and under the constant view of their scouts. If you have a daughter that has aspirations to make the NT and you are not in DA then you are fighting an uphill battle, and I question your/ your daughters real commitment to this goal. Also, don’t spew the stuff about not everyone having a good DA option available. The families who are devoted to a goal of the NTs don’t let geography get in the way. Suck it up.
    In addition to my comments above, it should be known that I don’t think GDA is great, it has many flaws. But to say that US soccer is somehow bias against ECNL players is ridiculous. If your player is on the NT radar and has what it takes then they will let you know that you should move to a DA club. This just makes sense....you wouldn’t see McDonalds selling Burger King hamburgers. The NTs are not going to build their rosters from their competitors product. It is true that 99.9% of girls will never get called into a camp in which case either league is good and ECNL has some distinct advantages (high school, better schedules, more flexibility). It is not the case however that there are a bunch of Unicorns playing in ECNL that US soccer is somehow missing or ignoring. By remaining in the ECNL if you have NT prospects you are sealing your daughters fate and this is on you/her not US soccer.

Comment

The only ecnl players they will take are the prodigy’s - they aren’t going to call in a right back or a fullback from an ECNL team when you have the same exact type player all over GDA
      Your post shows how little you know about soccer. If you think that backs are all the same, you're clueless.

BTW, learn to punctuate. "Prodigy" or "prodigies" is not possessive. I don't like to be a grammarian but sometimes writing is so glaringly horrid that it deserves to be called out - even when written on an online forum. I have a low tolerance for stupidity.

Comment

In addition to my comments above, it should be known that I don’t think GDA is great, it has many flaws. But to say that US soccer is somehow bias against ECNL players is ridiculous. If your player is on the NT radar and has what it takes then they will let you know that you should move to a DA club. This just makes sense....you wouldn’t see McDonalds selling Burger King hamburgers. The NTs are not going to build their rosters from their competitors product. It is true that 99.9% of girls will never get called into a camp in which case either league is good and ECNL has some distinct advantages (high school, better schedules, more flexibility). It is not the case however that there are a bunch of Unicorns playing in ECNL that US soccer is somehow missing or ignoring. By remaining in the ECNL if you have NT prospects you are sealing your daughters fate and this is on you/her not US soccer.
        Us soccer sucks...sign up to Soccer America. Read! No need to reinvent the wheel unless you want $

Comment

It is made known if you kid will get called up and then move them to an arranged gda club to get a call up. This has been done many times.

This applies to less players then you can count on one hand. Outside of that - do what makes sense.

Comment

Unless your kid is one of the 3 players in Florida with enough talent to arrange a deal to get sent to a NT camp - just choose based on location, budget, etc because your kid is not getting called up. And after the YNT stuff, no one give a fig where the player was at 15 yer old. Virtually NONE of them are going pro or serving on first team. Period.

GDA may be a fine choice for your player but enough with the NT nonsense. Really, enough.
            You are way off base with how much YNT talent we have in Florida. Please do your research. Clue- it is not 3.

Comment

Unless your kid is one of the 3 players in Florida with enough talent to arrange a deal to get sent to a NT camp - just choose based on location, budget, etc because your kid is not getting called up. And after the YNT stuff, no one give a fig where the player was at 15 yer old. Virtually NONE of them are going pro or serving on first team. Period.

GDA may be a fine choice for your player but enough with the NT nonsense. Really, enough.
              Yes please. ENCL always tried to use their most talented player call ups to exploit other families to join that league. It was just as annoying when they did it.

Comment

You are way off base with how much YNT talent we have in Florida. Please do your research. Clue- it is not 3.
                Exactly. How many at USA alone?

Comment

Your post shows how little you know about soccer. If you think that backs are all the same, you're clueless.

BTW, learn to punctuate. "Prodigy" or "prodigies" is not possessive. I don't like to be a grammarian but sometimes writing is so glaringly horrid that it deserves to be called out - even when written on an online forum. I have a low tolerance for stupidity.
                  Haha - ok spelling nazi - good luck getting your (or is it ur) non da full back who destroys at high school a look from NT scouts

Comment

Haha - ok spelling nazi - good luck getting your (or is it ur) non da full back who destroys at high school a look from NT scouts
                    Who the heck do you think reads TS? The only people on here work in this business or have strong players they are trying to guide. No one else would waste their time with this crap.

Comment

wow you are naive. you can't see what is right in front of your face.

Comment

across the different ages it can be

Comment

wow you are naive. you can't see what is right in front of your face.
                          Please enlighten me. I speak from experience.

Comment

I have news for you, sparky. 99.999% of this kids playing couldn't care less about getting a look from NT scouts. They want to play in college and on that front, the ECNL has proven to be the superior league.

Comment

I have news for you, sparky. 99.999% of this kids playing couldn't care less about getting a look from NT scouts. They want to play in college and on that front, the ECNL has proven to be the superior league.
                              Hey boomer , this thread specifically says USNT mostly GDA, not “is ecnl an avenue for college“ ...

Lol

Comment

Hey boomer , this thread specifically says USNT mostly GDA, not “is ecnl an avenue for college“ ...

Lol
                                And your little Mia isn't going to sniff either one....

Lol

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X