Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The reason is this. My child did just that in reverse, left Pac for a team that wins most of their games. Crushes Pac's age group. The current club's focus is on winning, which they usually do. However it took me a year to realize that the fundamentals were sacrificed. Ball control, technical work and to a lesser degree tactical is missing as well.

Sure, it was warm and fuzzy to have a winning record, but in my opinion, the move was short-sited. And enduring the shouting from the coaches has not gone over well with my child, even though they usually celebrate a victory.

Now that my child has bonded with the new team, it will suck for my child to move again. I own the mistake, I have zero soccer background.
    I think your philosophy is correct. It doesn't mean a team can't actually have both, and in the long run they probably better or the fundamentals aren't coming through. At the younger ages I agree FUNDAMENTALS FIRST! Wins can happen but not focusing on it to the point where they are sacrificed!

Comment

Coaches from other clubs know who the impact players are from the other teams they play in the league. If one of those players suddenly wants to join their team they ain't going to be sitting on bench.
      This is true. The unhappy people are the players who lost their job to this person. Otherwise, the team is overall pretty happy to have an impact player.

Comment

The reason is this. My child did just that in reverse, left Pac for a team that wins most of their games. Crushes Pac's age group. The current club's focus is on winning, which they usually do. However it took me a year to realize that the fundamentals were sacrificed. Ball control, technical work and to a lesser degree tactical is missing as well.

Sure, it was warm and fuzzy to have a winning record, but in my opinion, the move was short-sited. And enduring the shouting from the coaches has not gone over well with my child, even though they usually celebrate a victory.

Now that my child has bonded with the new team, it will suck for my child to move again. I own the mistake, I have zero soccer background.
        I assume you have a girl, hence this bonded statement. Boys have teammates, not friend groups like girls. All this changes if your girl is really good by U15. If she is really good, she will always by herself. Others can not follow where she is going. Gotta get used to it.

Comment

I assume you have a girl, hence this bonded statement. Boys have teammates, not friend groups like girls. All this changes if your girl is really good by U15. If she is really good, she will always by herself. Others can not follow where she is going. Gotta get used to it.
          Yes, have a Dd. Good to know, and funny you should say that. My DD is currently top 3 on the team depending on how you measure a player, and she seems to have became a target of most of her teammates lately. Her teammates play maximum intensity against her as if it is the final minute of the world cup. Some of the fouls are at the point where if they were boys, there may be fisticuffs. Might look into some Jujitsu classes.

Comment

Yes, have a Dd. Good to know, and funny you should say that. My DD is currently top 3 on the team depending on how you measure a player, and she seems to have became a target of most of her teammates lately. Her teammates play maximum intensity against her as if it is the final minute of the world cup. Some of the fouls are at the point where if they were boys, there may be fisticuffs. Might look into some Jujitsu classes.
            Call me again when she is 15 and then, we can talk. Ulittles mean nothing. You will go temporarily insane for the next 3-4 years, until you see how genetics, interests, school, and puberty takes a toll on your girl. By 16, you will mellow out, but by then it is too late to do anything about it.

If I had a little one again, I would definitely do Coever again. Self practice with her weak foot. As much scrimmage as possible, indoor, futsal, etc. Top 3 means nothing, friend at this age. Nothing. It could mean she is bigger and more aggressive than the other girls.
            I have seen top players at younger ages fade away in the older ages. Stay away from the girl and parent drama as much as possible. It is all going to end very soon. Of course, until college. :) Good luck.

Comment

Heard G03 XF ECNL got roughed up by G03 Crossfire United 8-0 last weekend.

Comment

Heard G03 XF ECNL got roughed up by G03 Crossfire United 8-0 last weekend.
                Ouch! If that is an accurate score that is a real beat down for the XF 03s to take.

Comment

Ouch! If that is an accurate score that is a real beat down for the XF 03s to take.
                  It's true.

Comment

Interesting thread from the OR forum...

http://talking-soccer.com/TS4/showth...=160682&page=2

Anyone know why they brought down 6 of their 03 players that typically play up? Looks like their roster is somewhere between 24-26 players.

Comment

Anyone know why they brought down 6 of their 03 players that typically play up? Looks like their roster is somewhere between 24-26 players.
                      Two games in Portland last weekend for Xfire 03s. all 03 players traveled but some 03s played in the 18/19 composite game Saturday. There was supposed to be a composite game Sunday that got cancelled because the other team didn't have enough players so a few 03s sat out full game on Sunday. No idea how coach decided on rosters, but outcome of the game was a disappointment & surprise

Comment

none

They didn't "bring down" 6 players and, no, they didn't roster 24-26 players. 18 Max for any given game. Stop believing what you read on this blog and know that the game reports cannot be taken literally unless it's the one that ref signs where all the players not rostered are crossed off. It's the easiest way to generate a game report and give the coach maximum flexibility to move kids during a weekend given injuries, match ups, etc. They actually had several new players from the B team- god forbid others get a look - but that does not mean they have 24-26 "permanently" or "full time" on the roster. Similar to other teams such as...

WPFC 03s - 23 rostered
                        https://www.eliteclubsnationalleague...ls&teamId=7035

WPFC 01s - 21 rostered
                        https://www.eliteclubsnationalleague...ls&teamId=3051

WPFC Composite - 28 rostered
                        https://www.eliteclubsnationalleague...ls&teamId=3052

Pac 03s - 22 rostered
                        https://www.eliteclubsnationalleague...s&teamId=19375

etc etc

Comment

none

Rosters for older teams typically need to be greater than 18, as most older teams have multiple injured players for any given game - or conflicts like college visits, proms, etc. Unfortunately many teams - as the Reign can tell you - have at least 1 ACL injury per team. Your team is lucky if it doesn't an ACL injury at U17 and older.

Comment

Two games in Portland last weekend for Xfire 03s. all 03 players traveled but some 03s played in the 18/19 composite game Saturday. There was supposed to be a composite game Sunday that got cancelled because the other team didn't have enough players so a few 03s sat out full game on Sunday. No idea how coach decided on rosters, but outcome of the game was a disappointment & surprise
                            My guess would be the coaches mixed the teams up in an attempt to win all 3 matches (vs the u17, the u18/19 and the u18/19 composite). Looks like they majorly mis-calculated, easily winning the u18/19 game but handily losing both the 03(actually getting royally crushed in this one) and the 18/19 composite match. They overestimated needs for the u18/19 game and underestimated needs for the composite and u17 matches.

How many u18/19 players does XF have for the separate u18/19 ECNL and u18/19 ECNL Composite teams? How many 03s and are they all normally rostered on the 03 ECNL team? If six 03s normally play up on the U18/19 ECNL team, how do the 01 & 02 players bumped to the U18/19 Composite team feel about that?

Comment

My guess would be the coaches mixed the teams up in an attempt to win all 3 matches (vs the u17, the u18/19 and the u18/19 composite). Looks like they majorly mis-calculated, easily winning the u18/19 game but handily losing both the 03(actually getting royally crushed in this one) and the 18/19 composite match. They overestimated needs for the u18/19 game and underestimated needs for the composite and u17 matches.

How many u18/19 players does XF have for the separate u18/19 ECNL and u18/19 ECNL Composite teams? How many 03s and are they all normally rostered on the 03 ECNL team? If six 03s normally play up on the U18/19 ECNL team, how do the 01 & 02 players bumped to the U18/19 Composite team feel about that?
                              Maybe it was Crossfire Oregon that put too much talent on their 2003 and Composite rosters and not enough on their regular ‘01/‘02 team.

Comment

Honestly, this sounds like what Sounders Academy does. Rosters depend on what the coach thinks the needs of a particular are, and if a player is eligible to play with a team other than their "regular" team, then that's what happens. kids know they're always competing for a spot.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X