Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do clubs do this

We have seen a couple clubs do this in the past season. Last weekend we were playing a team we beat easily ( a club that has a DA and and A team- this was their 3rd team) last game, with what we assume was their normal roster. They show up this time with 5 kids from their DA team. So now they have like 8 subs on the bench and they don't sub out the DA kids until they have a lead. Are they so afraid that someone might hear that their B academy team lost a game? Kinda of silly and if I was a parent on that team I would be pissed that they were taking playing time away from my kid for that.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    We have seen a couple clubs do this in the past season. Last weekend we were playing a team we beat easily ( a club that has a DA and and A team- this was their 3rd team) last game, with what we assume was their normal roster. They show up this time with 5 kids from their DA team. So now they have like 8 subs on the bench and they don't sub out the DA kids until they have a lead. Are they so afraid that someone might hear that their B academy team lost a game? Kinda of silly and if I was a parent on that team I would be pissed that they were taking playing time away from my kid for that.
    Because it is all about development! Definitely nothing to do with marketing and revenue potential.

Comment

All good clubs do this, why, because they can!!!

P.S. Clubs have been doing since since the stone-age...

Comment

All good clubs do this, why, because they can!!!

P.S. Clubs have been doing since since the stone-age...
        And when kids/parents get beat the parents/kids will want to play for you ! I see it all the time !

Comment

Why do clubs do this

And when kids/parents get beat the parents/kids will want to play for you ! I see it all the time !
          and play on the b,c, or d team no less!!!!!! :)

Comment

That goes for every sport, or team activity, everyone loves a winner....

Comment

That goes for every sport, or team activity, everyone loves a winner....
              Especially on Long Island / NY Metro

Comment

which DA team?

Comment

If the DA players are bench players on that team and are not getting playing time there (especially with the DA subbing rules), then I can see some benefit to having fluidity among the teams. However, if they are getting time and just brought down to win, that is shameful, but unfortunately not surprising.

Comment

Why do clubs do this

If the DA players are bench players on that team and are not getting playing time there (especially with the DA subbing rules), then I can see some benefit to having fluidity among the teams. However, if they are getting time and just brought down to win, that is shameful, but unfortunately not surprising.
                    so what is it you people want? do you want us soccer to develop the top talent with extra playing time Yes or No?

If your kid is benched because a better player comes along....Its not the anyone elses fault except the benched player for not working hard enough to keep his position.

Comment

Were they FT or PT players?

PT players train with the DA club and can get up to 6(?) games. They are dual-rostered with another team within the club so they don't miss any playing time.

Comment

Were they FT or PT players?

PT players train with the DA club and can get up to 6(?) games. They are dual-rostered with another team within the club so they don't miss any playing time.
                        Actually it's up to 12 games for part time players.

Comment

so what is it you people want? do you want us soccer to develop the top talent with extra playing time Yes or No?

If your kid is benched because a better player comes along....Its not the anyone elses fault except the benched player for not working hard enough to keep his position.
                          Develop them on their own team. Most of us pay similar prices at the same club for A or B teams. Don't train the A players at the expense of the B players. Have the A teams schedule and play more friendlys and do the same for the B teams. I find it funny that most of these clubs will frequently do this kind of thing, especially at younger ages and it can be fruitful for those players .... just trying to understand why all of the kids cant have these opportunities and see how they all shake out later with additional playing and practice times. My guess is the coaches couldnt manufacture as many gems that they bet their farms on because some B players might rise to the call at early ages .... many of these gems become proverbial busts at right about the onset of puberty. Give all of the kids the same chances for the same money and let them each figure it out. It seems to me that this practice is more about holding the masses back than developing the chosen few. They should do better in the long run if they are given far more chances and latitude on the field (not to mention more games, more practices, and more PT). Never join a club's B team .... choose a lesser team and get on their A team and be the stud then tryout again next year for the big box club. If they dont recognize the talent at tryouts, it either isnt there or they simply never will.

Comment

It allows the stronger C team players to grow their game and advance to the next level.

Comment

It allows the stronger C team players to grow their game and advance to the next level.
                              It doesn't go over well with families on the A or B teams. Toss in some politics and it can easily wind up a cluster f**k

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X