Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    i love this "speed of play" phrase that so many posters throw around. what exactly do you mean by it.
    Having the required skill along with the ability to process information to make the proper decisions to move the ball quickly from player to player while under pressure. Being able to anticipate ball and player movement.

Or just watch

ECNLRL/NPL then ECNL
    EDP then DA
    MLS then EPL

You will see what everyone is talking about.

Comment

Having the required skill along with the ability to process information to make the proper decisions to move the ball quickly from player to player while under pressure. Being able to anticipate ball and player movement.

Or just watch

ECNLRL/NPL then ECNL
      EDP then DA
      MLS then EPL

Touché
      Now explain other pearls from the sideline
      Gotta dig deep
      Gotta want it
      Intensity
      To who
      Whose there
      Where is s the midfield

Comment

How many of these teams are being taught how to properly press? You'll always have 2'-3 out of control thus out of position.
        and how many teams have the brains and patience to exploit that space?

Comment

Or just watch

ECNLRL/NPL then ECNL
          EDP then DA
          MLS then EPL

Forget MLS to EPL. Irrelevant. In my opinion, there are minor differences in the speed of play fro Club thru to College. The biggest differences occur when the athletes get better and the ball is closed down faster. It forces players to play quicker BUT most of them cannot play quicker and better. Its why you see the same disjointed passages of play all the way through Club, College and YNT play.

I know what speed of play is, but people here imply that it "better" from one level to the next and Im not sure I agree. Yes the ball has to be played faster, but that not the totality of it. The quality is only marginally better.

For me, speed of play is maximized by players who can actually THINK faster and thus slow the game down. There are very few of those in the USA. I dont care what league, club or College you are referring to

Comment

Touché
            Now explain other pearls from the sideline
            Gotta dig deep
            Gotta want it
            Intensity
            To who
            Whose there
            Where is s the midfield
            I'll work on those if you work on these:

Kick it
            Big kick
            Boot it
            Get out
            To the ball
            Dam that mom looks good in her yoga pants
            Got to be better
            Together!
            Push her back
            You are walking home

Comment

Forget MLS to EPL. Irrelevant. In my opinion, there are minor differences in the speed of play fro Club thru to College. The biggest differences occur when the athletes get better and the ball is closed down faster. It forces players to play quicker BUT most of them cannot play quicker and better. Its why you see the same disjointed passages of play all the way through Club, College and YNT play.

I know what speed of play is, but people here imply that it "better" from one level to the next and Im not sure I agree. Yes the ball has to be played faster, but that not the totality of it. The quality is only marginally better.

For me, speed of play is maximized by players who can actually THINK faster and thus slow the game down. There are very few of those in the USA. I dont care what league, club or College you are referring to
              All that makes sense but in this context the ECNL kids are playing a cleaner, faster, more intelligent game than the ECNLR kids equating to a greater speed of play.

Comment

All that makes sense but in this context the ECNL kids are playing a cleaner, faster, more intelligent game than the ECNLR kids equating to a greater speed of play.
                Maybe, but neither is particularly intelligent. I prefer to call it less dumb

Comment

Maybe, but neither is particularly intelligent. I prefer to call it less dumb
                  Fair enough

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x
                  Working...
                  X