Which club?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

None of them ..just play in school..all clubs are the same..it's called American kickball

Comment

Just accept fate, get the checkbook and bring lube, all of the clubs are the same BS, politics and Sh1tty coaching, just slightly different flavors of the same crap.

Every once in a while you will get a good coach or a favorable situation, but at no time should you expect that... or results... they're not big on that... just "developing"

Comment

Don't worry about leagues or any other fancy badges...your main concern is to find a good coach and proper training..without those two I don't care where you play..don't be fooled by high end leagues ..there are alot of con artist in these clubs in Florida..good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          None of them ..just play in school..all clubs are the same..it's called American kickball
          Best comment of the day

Comment

If this is a legit inquiry, the best advice I'd give is see if your son can join in a practice or two and go watch a game. If that's the area you live, I'd lean towards CC. Strictly is pretty poor these days and plays ugly soccer. I haven't seen a Largo United team since they left CDL so I really don't know. CC at least teaches the fundamentals and has quality on the boys side. Stay away from PCU and St. Pete Rangers if you want quality soccer in my opinion. If you want to drive a bit, I'd also say check out a Florida Premier practice or 2 as they are very good on the boys side in that age group. Good luck

WOW thanks for all the great help so far LOL

Anyway … we have narrowed it down to 3 clubs … Clearwater Chargers, Largo United and Strictly Soccer. I know Strictly Soccer and Clearwater Chargers play in CDL and Largo United plays in USA which seems to be inferior??? Any thought on these?

Comment

If this is a legit inquiry, the best advice I'd give is see if your son can join in a practice or two and go watch a game. If that's the area you live, I'd lean towards CC. Strictly is pretty poor these days and plays ugly soccer. I haven't seen a Largo United team since they left CDL so I really don't know. CC at least teaches the fundamentals and has quality on the boys side. Stay away from PCU and St. Pete Rangers if you want quality soccer in my opinion. If you want to drive a bit, I'd also say check out a Florida Premier practice or 2 as they are very good on the boys side in that age group. Good luck
              Thank you for taking the time and finally giving me a helpful response.

We are doing the homework of course on all 3 teams but I wanted to see if there were parents here who would give me insight from the sideline. I personally lean toward CC too and their A team is impressive … the B team not so much … We will ask to join training sessions in March then he can decide where he wants to try out in May.

Comment

We are doing the homework of course on all 3 teams but I wanted to see if there were parents here who would give me insight from the sideline. I personally lean toward CC too and their A team is impressive … the B team not so much … We will ask to join training sessions in March then he can decide where he wants to try out in May.
                Don't listen to information on TS about specific clubs. There's a lot of anonymous agendas on here as clubs struggle to fill rosters.

Take your player to some practices now, like you said well before tryout season. Watch how the coach interacts with players, try to talk to some parents, make sure it's a good fit for your player skill wise (can he keep up or is he struggling?). Try and catch a game or two for teams also - again you can watch the coach in action and assess the competitive level

Comment

My advice is do not rush and be pressured into the decision by a coach at a single training session. Take whatever time you need to shop around. For U13 boys, based on you being in the clearwater/largo area, I would say CC should be the first choice. Their U13 boys have some depth in that that at least have 2 teams so they aren't hanging by a thread. Their first team is pretty good. I'd say 5th best in the Tampa area in the age group after Florida Premier, Lutz Rangers, TBU ECNL and then Tampa Dynamo (in that order). I'd think Dynamo and Lutz would be too crazy a commute for regular training. I'd also say that Dynamo is pretty much only good with their U13 boys team, so it's probably a dead end and I'd expect them to start losing their better players to other clubs.

After visiting CC, I think it would be worth it for you to at least try to take in a training session with the TBU ECNL team and Florida Premier team. Even if you aren't thinking that commute is doable, you will have a better perspective on your options for that age group in the area.

Comment

I would totally recommend going to watch a game or 2. You want to make sure the sideline parents aren't insane before you sign up for that rollercoaster even if the coach runs a good practice. Also, look and see if the coach balances winning with development. Are they at least trying to win at that age? Also, does every kid at least get to touch the field? That's what I'd want to see if I was club shopping.

Don't listen to information on TS about specific clubs. There's a lot of anonymous agendas on here as clubs struggle to fill rosters.

Take your player to some practices now, like you said well before tryout season. Watch how the coach interacts with players, try to talk to some parents, make sure it's a good fit for your player skill wise (can he keep up or is he struggling?). Try and catch a game or two for teams also - again you can watch the coach in action and assess the competitive level

Comment

Chargers. Only club that has been stable in the area for multiple decades, plus has a full DA.

Comment

Unless your kid is in the DA, how does that help? Plus, CC DA is now second fiddle to TBU. For non-DA, CC is now 3rd best in the area behind Premier and TBU. CC was stable, but nonda is dying on the vine

Chargers. Only club that has been stable in the area for multiple decades, plus has a full DA.

Comment

Unless your kid is in the DA, how does that help? Plus, CC DA is now second fiddle to TBU. For non-DA, CC is now 3rd best in the area behind Premier and TBU. CC was stable, but nonda is dying on the vine
                          Really? Look at the senior CDL standings, CC is in second behind Premier only because we have played 9 less games than they have. Where is TBU North? Oh yeh, in 6th place with 17 more games played than CC and 8 more than premier. Facts don't lie guy look it up for yourself:

https://www.cdleague.com/

click on leagues -> senior -> standings

We won't even get into where TBU south stands, completely laughable.

And CC is playing second fiddle to TBU DA, lol.

Comment

Cc plays 8-10 games a season. That is pathetic.

Comment

Cc plays 8-10 games a season. That is pathetic.
                              Actually at u13 I don't mind if they don't play a ton of games and tournaments. This age group should be development and not showcase yet. I'm not sure why they are showcasing u13 teams in CDL.

Comment

Look at those standing. CC is behind premier in the senior standings and WAY behind premier and others in the junior standings. That does not look good for the future. TBU is not a factor in CDL, but the reality is because TBU puts their top teams in each age group in ECNL and they do not double play to CDL this year. So they are slotting teams a bit above their ability.

Really? Look at the senior CDL standings, CC is in second behind Premier only because we have played 9 less games than they have. Where is TBU North? Oh yeh, in 6th place with 17 more games played than CC and 8 more than premier. Facts don't lie guy look it up for yourself:

https://www.cdleague.com/

click on leagues -> senior -> standings

We won't even get into where TBU south stands, completely laughable.

And CC is playing second fiddle to TBU DA, lol.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X