Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which club?

Hi I am new to Pinellas / Hillsborough. My son plays U13 comp. He has become a pretty decent player in the last year. He's tall and strong and now getting faster too. He needs quite a bit of skills development though. He has been playing left offensive mid and P1 lately. We are looking for a good fit team for him for next year. Which club do you recommend? Which club supports player development and has opportunities to grow?

Thanks

troll fc

Comment

ummm… why do you think I'm trolling?

Comment

But anyway … if someone actually wants to help me out here... I just wanted to add that my kid is pretty motivated and we are looking for a club that has more to offer than just standard twice a week training. It would be great if the club offered extra skills training and other opportunities.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          ummm… why do you think I'm trolling?
          this is the last place to come to if you are looking for real answers got to couple local tournamnets and practices and find out for yourself all the clubs are the same money geab with aa few good teams and ok coaching

Comment

Hillsborough Hick FC

Comment

Sounds like a perfect fit for St. Pete Raiders

Comment

WOW thanks for all the great help so far LOL

Anyway … we have narrowed it down to 3 clubs … Clearwater Chargers, Largo United and Strictly Soccer. I know Strictly Soccer and Clearwater Chargers play in CDL and Largo United plays in USA which seems to be inferior??? Any thought on these?

Comment

play close to home for least cost.

Comment

We're literally half way between the Chargers and Largo United LOL Strictly is 30 min away. Chargers seems to be the most expensive though but I have no info on Largo cost.

Comment

WOW thanks for all the great help so far LOL

Anyway … we have narrowed it down to 3 clubs … Clearwater Chargers, Largo United and Strictly Soccer. I know Strictly Soccer and Clearwater Chargers play in CDL and Largo United plays in USA which seems to be inferior??? Any thought on these?

Look, theses choices should be decided on between you, mother, and child. If you are asking about clubs, they are all the same. Money is first priority. Second priority is blowing smoke up your azz about growth and development. Third priority is keep you paying for as many years possible. Your are a adult with a brain think for yourself. Here is how club training works. Your kid will run drills for 1 1/2 hours. At the end of the season your kid may or may not be good at the drills he/she has been doing. Basically club soccer training is repetition, repetition, repetition. Now the club coaches will say look at the growth and development. Will think about dad, if you do the same thing over and over again for months, you will be good at it too.

Comment

Look, theses choices should be decided on between you, mother, and child. If you are asking about clubs, they are all the same. Money is first priority. Second priority is blowing smoke up your azz about growth and development. Third priority is keep you paying for as many years possible. Your are a adult with a brain think for yourself. Here is how club training works. Your kid will run drills for 1 1/2 hours. At the end of the season your kid may or may not be good at the drills he/she has been doing. Basically club soccer training is repetition, repetition, repetition. Now the club coaches will say look at the growth and development. Will think about dad, if you do the same thing over and over again for months, you will be good at it too.
                        we got a winner

Comment

This is all true … but there are clubs with a dead end where after the repetition and repetition at the end of the day my kid will still be at the same place. We are looking for a place that allows for growth and that actually develops players not for a glorified rec club. I know I can club hop if I don't like where I'm at but I would like to get it right in the first place mostly because seniority does matter in getting to the higher ranked teams at bigger clubs. I'm not saying my kid will play college or pro. I'm not one of those parents … he's only U13. But if I am already paying the fees and investing my precious time and resources then I would like to have the opportunity if possible. LOL

Comment

we got a winner
                            and the winner is???

Comment

This is all true … but there are clubs with a dead end where after the repetition and repetition at the end of the day my kid will still be at the same place. We are looking for a place that allows for growth and that actually develops players not for a glorified rec club. I know I can club hop if I don't like where I'm at but I would like to get it right in the first place mostly because seniority does matter in getting to the higher ranked teams at bigger clubs. I'm not saying my kid will play college or pro. I'm not one of those parents … he's only U13. But if I am already paying the fees and investing my precious time and resources then I would like to have the opportunity if possible. LOL
                              Take your kid to wff. You sound like a stupid soccer parent. That club would be a great fit for you

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X