Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winter Classic

I was very impressed with the PAC NW Winter Classic. I had kids playing in both weekends, and even though the fields were very spread out, everything ran smoothly. Quite a few college coaches were spotted last weekend. We also saw teams from several states and Canada. The weather definitely cooperated.

Pac runs very good/organized events

Comment

winter classic

I thought that it seemed organized but was frustrated by a few things:

the website was difficult to use and only on my third time did I notice there was a button to see overall standings. Other people on my team did not notice and were frustrated as well.

I didn't see any trainers on-site if there were any injuries. If they were there, it was not evident

For a winter event, it seems like there would have been shelters for the teams. I think we are accustomed to other tournaments where these are supplied.

We were in the 05 age group but did not notice a single college coach even up to the finals. I know they typically spend the majority of time watching the 02 & 03 age band, but at ECNL events, there are usually coaches watching the younger high school-age groups as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

the website was difficult to use and only on my third time did I notice there was a button to see overall standings. Other people on my team did not notice and were frustrated as well.

I didn't see any trainers on-site if there were any injuries. If they were there, it was not evident

For a winter event, it seems like there would have been shelters for the teams. I think we are accustomed to other tournaments where these are supplied.

We were in the 05 age group but did not notice a single college coach even up to the finals. I know they typically spend the majority of time watching the 02 & 03 age band, but at ECNL events, there are usually coaches watching the younger high school-age groups as well.
        With the change in NCAA recruiting rules its highly unlikely a coach would watch an 05 game (U15). They couldn't even talk to those players for two years from now.

Comment

On 07 boys group was very interest. So i am PSPL parent, our goal was to see ECNL level and ours. Nothing special. Same level. Some perents fight to measure RCL and PSPL...

Comment

I thought the Winter Classic was very well run. Good competition, nice facilities, good refs. Our team played against teams from Canada (BC), Oregon, and Alaska.

It's a fun tournament.

Comment

Tournament organizers control who the college coaches watch. Check the recruiting rules to see when your kid can start emailing coaches. They should email an intro with position, team, GPA etc with their game schedule to coaches before each tournament. That is the best way to be seen.

Comment

Tournament organizers control who the college coaches watch. Check the recruiting rules to see when your kid can start emailing coaches. They should email an intro with position, team, GPA etc with their game schedule to coaches before each tournament. That is the best way to be seen.
                oops -- meant to say tournament organizers CANT control what coaches do

Comment

On 07 boys group was very interest. So i am PSPL parent, our goal was to see ECNL level and ours. Nothing special. Same level. Some perents fight to measure RCL and PSPL...
                  Same old BS. How many PSPL teams finished first in the top division?

Comment

I thought the Winter Classic was very well run. Good competition, nice facilities, good refs. Our team played against teams from Canada (BC), Oregon, and Alaska.

It's a fun tournament.
                    I agree-it was a pretty well-run tournament ! I noticed that there were ECNL teams in the highest divisions (all playing at least one-year above their current age division) but also a separate “ECNL” bracket for some age groups. Anyone know why?

Comment

Same old BS. How many PSPL teams finished first in the top division?
                      If you same old boys why you asking?

Comment

I agree-it was a pretty well-run tournament ! I noticed that there were ECNL teams in the highest divisions (all playing at least one-year above their current age division) but also a separate “ECNL” bracket for some age groups. Anyone know why?
                        League games that they had to play anyways. Why not do it when scouts will be around. Makes the most sense. Should have gotten all the NW ECNL in this tourney.

Comment

League games that they had to play anyways. Why not do it when scouts will be around. Makes the most sense. Should have gotten all the NW ECNL in this tourney.
                          I heard that all of the NW ECNL teams were invited and had the options to play in the tournament. Only a few (EFC, XF, Crossfire UTD) elected to participate. Not sure why WA Premier, FC Porltand, and Seattle UTD decided against it.

Comment

I heard that all of the NW ECNL teams were invited and had the options to play in the tournament. Only a few (EFC, XF, Crossfire UTD) elected to participate. Not sure why WA Premier, FC Porltand, and Seattle UTD decided against it.
                            You heard wrong. These were scheduled ECNL league games conveniently scheduled during the tournament where college coaches could watch them play. It’s a shame the other NW ECNL clubs were not able to play their first league games during the tournament. I guess when you host the tournament you can coordinate a college showcase around your ECNL teams.

Comment

I can say in the B08 top division that the final was two PSPL teams and both went Undefeated through to it.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X