Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Our kids play in NY so leave us alone. If the rules are great for Texas then change them for Texas. We have no interest in going there to play soccer in any case and I am sure they feel the same.
    Typical NY attitude...

Makes total sense to have different age cutoffs dependent on the state. Makes it real easy for out of state competitions, recruiting, etc.

It appears you just made this after midnight on 1/21, so the "Post of the Day" we got out of the way real early today.

Comment

Talking Soccer got the scoop on this.
      Where is BOTN?
      That’s right , can’t make money from anyone on this topic.
      Talking Soccer is thy name. Oh thank you soothsayers of knowledge.

Comment

This the NY section correct. Calendar year keeps my kids playing with their classmates. Aug cutoff had two grades playing together. This will make most teams reorganize and be a major disruption. These kids already went through that. Makes no sense for NY and definitely all about the money.
        You are so completely wrong, and get your NY head out of your anecdotal NY azz. The vast majority of states have a school age cutoff of around Sept 1, give or take a few weeks. NY, CT and less than a handful of others have later dates. Even here there weren't many kids negatively impacted by the cutoff and they always had the possibility to play up if they were good enough to make an older roster. Across the US up to 1/3 of players born Sept-Dec are impacted. Going back to a Aug 1 cutoff date for soccer impacts very few kids. They can roll it out if necessary. The fact that it's something that's good for soccer and players will minimize the complaints. Very few saw the logic in moving to calendar year.

Honestly having such a late date makes little sense - the decision to enroll should be aligned with when the school year starts. Some kids just aren't ready, but having the late date I think makes evaluating the situation more confusing.

Comment

Repealing Birth Year Mandate

You are so completely wrong, and get your NY head out of your anecdotal NY azz. The vast majority of states have a school age cutoff of around Sept 1, give or take a few weeks. NY, CT and less than a handful of others have later dates. Even here there weren't many kids negatively impacted by the cutoff and they always had the possibility to play up if they were good enough to make an older roster. Across the US up to 1/3 of players born Sept-Dec are impacted. Going back to a Aug 1 cutoff date for soccer impacts very few kids. They can roll it out if necessary. The fact that it's something that's good for soccer and players will minimize the complaints. Very few saw the logic in moving to calendar year.

Honestly having such a late date makes little sense - the decision to enroll should be aligned with when the school year starts. Some kids just aren't ready, but having the late date I think makes evaluating the situation more confusing.
          just leave it alone!!!!!!! when the change was made about 5 years ago, it affected many many teams...but we have all pretty much recovered and now teams are established (this issue is strictly relative). Leave this BS issue alone, lets not rock the boat again and lets play!!!!

Comment

This the NY section correct. Calendar year keeps my kids playing with their classmates. Aug cutoff had two grades playing together. This will make most teams reorganize and be a major disruption. These kids already went through that. Makes no sense for NY and definitely all about the money.
            I agree. We went through the change in NYS from playing with mixed grades to playing with everyone in the same grade. I guess there are some sour grapes from parents that have end of year children.

I think the current system makes more sense.

Comment

This is NY jerko. I'm concerned about my kids. Every team in the state was ripped apart and many kids quit. "Impacts very few kids..." maybe in other states but here would affect 90% of teams. Would create another year or two of upheaval and many more kids would quit. I didn't care about the move which was probably made to match up with rest of the world. So get your American head out of your isolationist american azz.

Comment

NY and CT.have more then enough teams and players to run good competition at every level. Let teams from these states have a division or we should just create one for ourselves.

Texas (I just use that as an example - insert any far flung state) parents need to focus on their kids and help them get ready to launch and NY and CT need to do the same. It wastes everybody's time and money jumping through hoops for a school district a thousand miles away. They do not need to want our help, or to play a kid soccer game against NY kids.

This is YOUTH soccer. NONE of these kids are pros or will ever be pros at any level. Even at the highest levels I know of only a small handful of NY kids that are heading off to Texas or the west coast to play college ball. We should not tolerate another massive useless disruption.

Comment

This is NY jerko. I'm concerned about my kids. Every team in the state was ripped apart and many kids quit. "Impacts very few kids..." maybe in other states but here would affect 90% of teams. Would create another year or two of upheaval and many more kids would quit. I didn't care about the move which was probably made to match up with rest of the world. So get your American head out of your isolationist american azz.
                  Ok,so we should let soccer participation continue to crater and 1/3 of all 8th graders not have a team to play on to ensure your kid doesn’t lose his spot on his team. Makes perfect sense....

Comment

Ok,so we should let soccer participation continue to crater and 1/3 of all 8th graders not have a team to play on to ensure your kid doesn’t lose his spot on his team. Makes perfect sense....
                    No. Create more localized conferences to accommodate localized conditions. Imposing National restrictions on youth soccer for the entire huge United States serves no purpose. It is not even possible to do it since the cut off dates for schools are all different.

Will not have a big impact on college recruiting at all as the MASSIVE majority of kids (including athletes) go to college within driving distance of home.

Comment

No. Create more localized conferences to accommodate localized conditions. Imposing National restrictions on youth soccer for the entire huge United States serves no purpose. It is not even possible to do it since the cut off dates for schools are all different.

Will not have a big impact on college recruiting at all as the MASSIVE majority of kids (including athletes) go to college within driving distance of home.
                      I understand what you are getting at, but this does not work for national leagues where the majority of recruiting is done at showcases where you play teams from other regions.

The fact that exists is another topic, but it is how many college coaches see players. So, I don't see a regional rule for ages working at all.

Comment

I understand what you are getting at, but this does not work for national leagues where the majority of recruiting is done at showcases where you play teams from other regions.

The fact that exists is another topic, but it is how many college coaches see players. So, I don't see a regional rule for ages working at all.
                        national leagues are for making money. They don't help develop soccer players and they area destructive force in the sport but that horse has left the barn. Go ahead and kick youth soccer in the teeth again with another age change. It never stops.

Comment

Doesn't even have to be about big national recruiting events for older kids - your neighboring state may have a very different cutoff date and your kids' teams plays across the border regularly. Happens all the time. I can guarantee there would be no end of the parental complaining if they though another team had any kind of advantage. Then there's even younger kid tournaments that get players from a nearby state with different dates. Then there's the national organizations that register and insure all these players.

No it has to be universal for all, whatever the date is.

Comment

national leagues are for making money. They don't help develop soccer players and they area destructive force in the sport but that horse has left the barn. Go ahead and kick youth soccer in the teeth again with another age change. It never stops.
                            Short term issue for long term gain - it's better for youth soccer as a sport and the players.

Comment

Last time I checked NY is part of the US. Overall the US has big issues with current age groups. Old way was clearly better....for the US

Comment

Short term issue for long term gain - it's better for youth soccer as a sport and the players.
                                Lol. You realize the geniuses that switched the age cut off last time are the same ones now changing it again. Regular Einstein's running that show. Only this time they have it right for sure.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X