Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Did the player graduate or is the player not playing high school soccer next year? Your post makes no sense
    Just a loser trying to beat a dead horse

Comment

New realignment

New 12 team D1 - home and home for each group and one game against the other group (6) for a total of 16. Top 8 make playoffs - not sure if top 4 in each group or just top 8.

Anyone know the bottom teams that are out?

Comment

What you are talking about is just the proposal. Yes, if it does get voted through that's what D1 will look like. However, there are other factors as well. One factor I know of is that the lower divisions will have to agree with their placement for this to happen. What if another team wants to be in D1? Or not in D3? And I also heard there may be a D4 for some teams. Which does make sense for them.
        Teams that I heard are out of D1 are:
        Prout
        EG
        Burrillville
        Scituate
        Lincoln HS

I hear Pilgrim is back up to D1 according to proposal.

Comment

What you are talking about is just the proposal. Yes, if it does get voted through that's what D1 will look like. However, there are other factors as well. One factor I know of is that the lower divisions will have to agree with their placement for this to happen. What if another team wants to be in D1? Or not in D3? And I also heard there may be a D4 for some teams. Which does make sense for them.
          Teams that I heard are out of D1 are:
          Prout
          EG
          Burrillville
          Scituate
          Lincoln HS

I hear Pilgrim is back up to D1 according to proposal.
          It rarely gets to proposal without behind the scenes maneuvering - this group isn't subject to the open meeting rules.

Another team wanting in - lol. I could only think Pilgrim wanting to stay out to make up for what they thought was going to be their title last year. Scituate showed a little flash just to stay in the middle, but way too hard for the bottom 3 to remain competitive in D1.

I doubt the bottom 3 required any arm twisting and Prout/EG have to know it would be better to be winning in D2 than the bottom of D1 at some point. I would also think the bottom in D3 would prefer as well a more competitive situation.

Only wish PCOA would keep it at one game against divisional opponents, end the season a week earlier, and let teams schedule 3-4 rivalry/other non-divisional opponents and/or out of state/private school games.

Comment

It rarely gets to proposal without behind the scenes maneuvering - this group isn't subject to the open meeting rules.

Another team wanting in - lol. I could only think Pilgrim wanting to stay out to make up for what they thought was going to be their title last year. Scituate showed a little flash just to stay in the middle, but way too hard for the bottom 3 to remain competitive in D1.

I doubt the bottom 3 required any arm twisting and Prout/EG have to know it would be better to be winning in D2 than the bottom of D1 at some point. I would also think the bottom in D3 would prefer as well a more competitive situation.

Only wish PCOA would keep it at one game against divisional opponents, end the season a week earlier, and let teams schedule 3-4 rivalry/other non-divisional opponents and/or out of state/private school games.
            RIIL does allow for (3 or 4) games, I believe, for non-divisional out of state opponents that do not count against your record. Most of the games form pre-season schedules for several of the D1 and D2 schools. And what you don't play in preseason you can schedule throughout the season if your schedule allows.
            I do like the smaller D1 and playing an opponent twice with a crossover match. Also, an 8 team playoff makes sense.
            Nice changes by RIIL and RIGSCA.

Comment

RIIL does allow for (3 or 4) games, I believe, for non-divisional out of state opponents that do not count against your record. Most of the games form pre-season schedules for several of the D1 and D2 schools. And what you don't play in preseason you can schedule throughout the season if your schedule allows.
              I do like the smaller D1 and playing an opponent twice with a crossover match. Also, an 8 team playoff makes sense.
              Nice changes by RIIL and RIGSCA.
              12 team alignment back for D1 -- 5 home/away in your division; 6 single (3/3) against teams in the other division; I think the old 30% point minimum to make playoffs.

16 games plus all the other crap -- too many games..have 11 meaningful games in a shorter season (so playoffs end before November!) and let the top 12 in (so finishing 4 or higher means a bye to quarterfinals). yes, fields are becoming less an issue with more turf but you still with 16-19 games (plus playoffs) always end up with some kids playing 3-4 games in a very short (8-10 days) window.

I get HS is not developmental program - but they are still student-athletes (students first..) - at least cutting back to 12 teams maybe will make it more competitive; not sure how D2 is organized now.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              Working...
              X