Talking-Soccer.com

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > Pennsylvania

Notices

Pennsylvania Discussions about Pennsylvania soccer.

Old 02-20-2020
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Because they arenít going anywhere. Sorry if facts hurt.
Now weíre all starting to think you were abandoned as a child which would explain your prepubescent maniacal paranoia. And for this I am sorry.

No need to respond again with I know you are but what am I. Itís ok. Everything is going to be ok. We all just want you to be ok.

wow.
Old 02-20-2020
Unregistered

Quote:
Because they arenít going anywhere. Sorry if facts hurt.
Agreed.
Old 02-20-2020
Unregistered

Quote:
May.
I being honest. No one is leaving regardless of amount of wins/loses in spring.
Perhaps some are leaving because . . . You know tryouts - some might get cut!! Oh wait. Nevermind.
Old 02-20-2020
Unregistered

Quote:
Oh clearly itís the patch. Loyalty to BB and RF are only as strong as the power they hold. You really think anyone genuinely cares for these two? Zero impact is my vote.
Iím trying to understand how the patch at Bucks means anything? I get it at a club like PDA where the college commitments are plentiful and D1, but at Bucks the D1 college commitments are few and far between - even fewer if you take out St.Joes. The training and development at Bucks is not good at all, I know there is the exposure offered at the showcases but that exposure at least at Bucks is not translating to D1.

So do people just value the level of competition in the league - and it is good competition, is the ECNL competition the reason people want the patch and so put up with bucks? Does anyone have any insight as to why ECNL at bucks is so desirable?
Old 02-20-2020
Unregistered

Quote:
Iím trying to understand how the patch at Bucks means anything? I get it at a club like PDA where the college commitments are plentiful and D1, but at Bucks the D1 college commitments are few and far between - even fewer if you take out St.Joes. The training and development at Bucks is not good at all, I know there is the exposure offered at the showcases but that exposure at least at Bucks is not translating to D1.

So do people just value the level of competition in the league - and it is good competition, is the ECNL competition the reason people want the patch and so put up with bucks? Does anyone have any insight as to why ECNL at bucks is so desirable?
Because an ECNL and GDA patch are the best. FC Bucks just needs to make some changes and they will be back to where they were five or so years ago.
Old 02-20-2020
Unregistered

Quote:
Because an ECNL and GDA patch are the best. FC Bucks just needs to make some changes and they will be back to where they were five or so years ago.
Do you see any signs that things are changing? My kid is not on this team but on another bucks team and we are trying to decide if the patch at bucks is worth it? I am on this thread bc it seems to be the one with the most people reading and responding. I thought the survey was a good sign that they are at least looking for feedback, but I am trying to do research before tryouts so I can be informed. If things donít change is the patch at bucks worth it?
Old 02-20-2020
Unregistered

Quote:
Do you see any signs that things are changing? My kid is not on this team but on another bucks team and we are trying to decide if the patch at bucks is worth it? I am on this thread bc it seems to be the one with the most people reading and responding. I thought the survey was a good sign that they are at least looking for feedback, but I am trying to do research before tryouts so I can be informed. If things donít change is the patch at bucks worth it?
The patch is worth it. If you can play at PDA, SJEB, Penn Fusion, Cedar Stars or PA Classics move on to those clubs, but if not, there isn't an option any better in the area, it's all bad. I know that isn't saying much because FC Bucks are in a really bad place right now, but so are all the other clubs in the area.
Old 02-20-2020
Unregistered

Quote:
The patch is worth it. If you can play at PDA, SJEB, Penn Fusion, Cedar Stars or PA Classics move on to those clubs, but if not, there isn't an option any better in the area, it's all bad. I know that isn't saying much because FC Bucks are in a really bad place right now, but so are all the other clubs in the area.
Match Fit are a better option than FC Bucks.
Old 02-20-2020
Unregistered

Quote:
I get it so basically best of the worst in this area. Why exactly is the patch worth it - is it because the competition is so strong and for the exposure? Are there any other reasons besides those two? My kid still on the younger end was wondering if it would be better to try an edp club that offers a good coach, training and development then if things improve at bucks come back at some point.
Old 02-20-2020
Unregistered

Quote:
I get it so basically best of the worst in this area. Why exactly is the patch worth it - is it because the competition is so strong and for the exposure? Are there any other reasons besides those two? My kid still on the younger end was wondering if it would be better to try an edp club that offers a good coach, training and development then if things improve at bucks come back at some point.
Bucks is the best in the area because of ecnl. Ecnl allows you to play the best teams on a daily basis. So yes great competition and exposure.

There are other good clubs (MF, pda, PF) but you will have to drive hours to which makes those clubs not worth it in my opinion.