X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Originally they were promising GDA. I'm sure USSF would let them in now 😆
    I mean NJ is currently overloaded with GDA clubs- 2 from CSA (bergen in younger ages), STA & SJEB. Adding a 5th GDA club with 2 in PA and NYSC right there is really absurd!

I could see some weird partner ECNL bid, MFA did pick up some talented teams from SDFC...remember lots of loyalty towards MFA from the folks at ECNL, they were the first to decline the GDA spot and I'm sure ECNL would love to get Surf back in the mix!

Comment

What the heck is is a marketing partnership?
      A marketing partnership is one where they share things like logos, advertising, etc, but has no actual substance when it comes to actual soccer (training, fields, resources, etc).

Comment

I mean NJ is currently overloaded with GDA clubs- 2 from CSA (bergen in younger ages), STA & SJEB. Adding a 5th GDA club with 2 in PA and NYSC right there is really absurd!

I could see some weird partner ECNL bid, MFA did pick up some talented teams from SDFC...remember lots of loyalty towards MFA from the folks at ECNL, they were the first to decline the GDA spot and I'm sure ECNL would love to get Surf back in the mix!
        Totally agree, NJ should merge all their DA clubs into one and maybe then you’ll have a club that can compete nationally at the DA level.

Comment

Even with addition of PDA White as 3rd ECNL (or 4th if you use WC) MF is still the weakest club in the area. Not placing any teams in meaningful ECNL competition (some age groups don’t even make the cup playoffs, no champions league teams) is really hurting them to get quality college commitments. Old EDP clubs and GDA clubs have already caught up according to top drawer soccer commitments tracker.

The coaches are lazy and they don’t really have any facilities.

Comment

Totally agree, NJ should merge all their DA clubs into one and maybe then you’ll have a club that can compete nationally at the DA level.
            Why do people obsess about competing nationally? Does it really make sense to structure a youth team, whose reason for being is to find and develop individuals, just to compete at two showcase events per year? At most they care about being competitive in the local region, no one in any authority cares about results of the few games they play outside the NE.

Comment

A marketing partnership is one where they share things like logos, advertising, etc, but has no actual substance when it comes to actual soccer (training, fields, resources, etc).
              Logos and advertising are not important factors at all when a family chooses a soccer club. I fail to see what either club gets out of this arrangement.

Comment

Logos and advertising are not important factors at all when a family chooses a soccer club. I fail to see what either club gets out of this arrangement.
                Some are easily fooled by sales pitches, usually those new to landscape. They figure it out later on.

Comment

Americans tend to be very susceptible to brand marketing. The question is whether or not the Surf brand is well-known enough to get people interested. It may help Matchfit because Matchfit's reputation has gone through a bit of a wringer in recent years and the Surf brand may help change that perception. And depending on how the relationship is defined, maybe there's some money in it for Surf. But overall, yes, I agree that this is really just changing the packaging and won't really move the needle for most youth soccer players in the area.

Comment

Why do people obsess about competing nationally? Does it really make sense to structure a youth team, whose reason for being is to find and develop individuals, just to compete at two showcase events per year? At most they care about being competitive in the local region, no one in any authority cares about results of the few games they play outside the NE.
                    I was just about to say that it looks like every know-it-all, negative moron from BOTN has found their way here and then comes this intelligent post. The obsession to compete nationally or to brag about playing ECNL is insane.

Comment

I was just about to say that it looks like every know-it-all, negative moron from BOTN has found their way here and then comes this intelligent post. The obsession to compete nationally or to brag about playing ECNL is insane.
                      Agreed, I get the impression that many posters try to make it out like if you aren't ECNL you aren't ****e. That is OBVIOUSLY not true.
                      You're playing ECNL? Good for you, I hope you are one of the ones playing for free at the expense of the b team. I'm not playing ECNL and my kid and I are having a blast.

Comment

Agreed, I get the impression that many posters try to make it out like if you aren't ECNL you aren't ****e. That is OBVIOUSLY not true.
                        You're playing ECNL? Good for you, I hope you are one of the ones playing for free at the expense of the b team. I'm not playing ECNL and my kid and I are having a blast.
                        I hope you're not playing....

Comment

I hope you're not playing....
                          sometimes it hard to hold myself back, I'll admit...but to be clear, it my my kid playing.

Comment

This is true. All it really takes is a shiny, colorful embroidered sleeve patch for most. That is about a dollar to out one onto both shirts and parents send back thousands in return.

Comment

This is how pathetic MFA is....this is an email from them recently

MFA Girls -

How Are You?

As we discussed at the information night in the summer, we are a club that relies heavily on volunteers for a lot of our logistics. Our staff all work in the day, so the help of these volunteers is vital for the smooth running of the club.

For the fall, we need a few volunteers to check the lights at Morris Catholic (once/twice per week) to make sure they are working and filled with gas. We have gas canisters on site that need to be refilled (once per week) and then the gas put into the lights (once per week). All expenses are reimbursed.

If you are willing/able to help, please let me know, ASAP. We need to start this today, as we are low on fuel for the sessions tonight as I was unable to get to them last night with the weather.

Thanks in advance,

Jordan & Dom

Comment

This is how pathetic MFA is....this is an email from them recently

MFA Girls -

How Are You?

As we discussed at the information night in the summer, we are a club that relies heavily on volunteers for a lot of our logistics. Our staff all work in the day, so the help of these volunteers is vital for the smooth running of the club.

For the fall, we need a few volunteers to check the lights at Morris Catholic (once/twice per week) to make sure they are working and filled with gas. We have gas canisters on site that need to be refilled (once per week) and then the gas put into the lights (once per week). All expenses are reimbursed.

If you are willing/able to help, please let me know, ASAP. We need to start this today, as we are low on fuel for the sessions tonight as I was unable to get to them last night with the weather.

Thanks in advance,

Jordan & Dom
                                Most places rely on volunteers. Fees go up if they have to employ more people.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X