Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    As much as it pains me https://www.app.com/story/sports/201...rs/1684045001/ Half are from PDA even 1 from MF, PSA and PF.
    I think you will find two are from MF

Comment

As much as it pains me https://www.app.com/story/sports/201...rs/1684045001/ Half are from PDA even 1 from MF, PSA and PF.
      this article is so bad is laughable. Author has done little to no research. Just spewed a list of Names of kids who at one point had NJ name recognition, mostly thru HS and Club play. Its a puff piece to capitalize on WC fever at the time. Maybe 2 of these players are really potential NT players.

Comment

this article is so bad is laughable. Author has done little to no research. Just spewed a list of Names of kids who at one point had NJ name recognition, mostly thru HS and Club play. Its a puff piece to capitalize on WC fever at the time. Maybe 2 of these players are really potential NT players.
        So what is considered at top level talent? Only playing on WNT? Making NWSL team? foreign national team? Elite status European club? If it's ONLY being on the WNT then why don't we ever hear about Jill Loyden? All of these things are great achievements in a players career. What about Sydney Schneider - Jamacian national team - MF, Paige Monahan - #10 pick NWSL 2019 - PDA, Kenie Wright - #29 pick NWSL 2019 - PDA or Sabrina Flores - #34 pick NWSL 2019 PDA. Just from this year. But i guess they don't matter because they aren't from the US WNT.

Comment

So what is considered at top level talent? Only playing on WNT? Making NWSL team? foreign national team? Elite status European club? If it's ONLY being on the WNT then why don't we ever hear about Jill Loyden? All of these things are great achievements in a players career. What about Sydney Schneider - Jamacian national team - MF, Paige Monahan - #10 pick NWSL 2019 - PDA, Kenie Wright - #29 pick NWSL 2019 - PDA or Sabrina Flores - #34 pick NWSL 2019 PDA. Just from this year. But i guess they don't matter because they aren't from the US WNT.
          top level is purely subjective. For me its not about making the WNT , its about playing at a high level. Making an NWSL or European team, no. Being a consistent starter and producer, yes. I slightly disagree re "great achievements" because at the pro level you have two main types of player - the ones who are really good who have ambition/ability to play at the top of the league/NT and the rest. A bit like Club soccer. The ones who fall into the rest category tend to be players who are depth. Often there are better players who decide not to pursue it because of the economics. Its not like they are better than several who decide not to continue for whatever reason. Look at all the early retirements. If you are not going to make the NT, then its very hard to justify playing for a long time. Maybe one of the players you mention has a chance. I would say she has a better chance than many of the ones listed in that article. Difference between her and some of those is she did not play at a big name HS and did not go to a name College.

Like I said, its lazy journalism with very little behind it.

Comment

What a terrible comment.
            So basically your are dispelling kids who have had exemplary collegiate careers and have gone on to play pro. Did your club not have any kids listed so you thought you would bash it? Sad

Comment

What a terrible comment.
              So basically your are dispelling kids who have had exemplary collegiate careers and have gone on to play pro. Did your club not have any kids listed so you thought you would bash it? Sad
              You pda cult types are nuts and you anti pda types are just as insane.

You talk about these players as if they are your children.

You Guys need to get a real life and stop living in your fantasy world.

Comment

Who’s that then?
                There was NO PDA when Harkes and Howard were playing in NJ...

Silly, just silly!

Comment

You pda cult types are nuts and you anti pda types are just as insane.

You talk about these players as if they are your children.

You Guys need to get a real life and stop living in your fantasy world.
                  Well, in my defense, I've always admired PDA's record in their leagues. After the beating in FL and the excuses that kept piling up I couldn't help myself.

So, it's nothing against the players. Parents? Fair game.

Comment

What a terrible comment.
                    You need to accept that viewers can have an opinion on players and still think they are great people. The article is bad. Simple. Its not close to a balanced reflection of NJ talent. Take PM the kid mentioned by the other poster. She had an exemplary college career, was in the last Full ID camp for the NT and is a pro. She is better than almost all of the kids on that list. Why is she not included? Has ZERO to do with what club any of them played for. I enjoy watching all of the kids form this area and others play, but Im realistic enough to know that not all of them are elite talents.

Comment

You need to accept that viewers can have an opinion on players and still think they are great people. The article is bad. Simple. Its not close to a balanced reflection of NJ talent. Take PM the kid mentioned by the other poster. She had an exemplary college career, was in the last Full ID camp for the NT and is a pro. She is better than almost all of the kids on that list. Why is she not included? Has ZERO to do with what club any of them played for. I enjoy watching all of the kids form this area and others play, but Im realistic enough to know that not all of them are elite talents.
                      My post was not about the article

Comment

My post was not about the article
                        Mine was. The fact that I think with research you could find 10 NJ players who actually ARE NT worthy is my point.

Comment

RJ at UVA? Did not see her in article.

Comment

RJ at UVA? Did not see her in article.
                            And not from PDA.
                            Also IMG Academy is in FL. How is that NJ? Once NJ always NJ even when not?

Comment

Why is PDA still good a winning but not good taking kids to next level anymore?

Comment

Why is PDA still good a winning but not good taking kids to next level anymore?
                                Says a bitter PSA parent....just FAKE NEWS.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X