X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    OUSTIDE OBSERVER HERE -

This is not picking on her. This is honesty. Just as the young lady from NH who played at FSU last year and did not see the field is now going to SNHU... She was very good... anyone who saw her play (and I did in both club and HS) would tell you, she was over matched at that level of soccer. FSU is a premier - powerhouse program. The young ladt from Central would have been best served playing at UNH and playing for all 4 years as an impact player. I would have the two sit down over a coffee and talk about the reality of DI soccer.
    There is a legit reason why she never went to UNH. You don't know the reasons, but they are real.

And, she got an opportunity to try at FSU. It didn't work out, but she tried. Kudos to her for giving it a go. And, yes I am aware of how FSU was an opportunity that most would not have.

Comment

FSU has a NH connection and that is definitely how she got a chance there. The vast majority of people who post on here have no idea what it takes to play D1 soccer these days never mind at a top soccer school. Her transfer might have nothing to do with soccer either. Or like most transfers I know, the decision is usually based on many factors.

Comment

FSU has a NH connection and that is definitely how she got a chance there. The vast majority of people who post on here have no idea what it takes to play D1 soccer these days never mind at a top soccer school. Her transfer might have nothing to do with soccer either. Or like most transfers I know, the decision is usually based on many factors.
        FSU Coach MK has not coached in NH since 2005... not sure his NH connection at FPU had anything to do with recruiting her... she would have been 2 when he left (FYI).

Good try... lol.

Comment

FSU Coach MK has not coached in NH since 2005... not sure his NH connection at FPU had anything to do with recruiting her... she would have been 2 when he left (FYI).

Good try... lol.
          There is a connection with the family.

Comment

Good try... lol.

One or both her parents played soccer at FPU.

Comment

Completely agree. Being an impact player means getting more money and more play time. Targeting is everything. A reach school more often doesn’t work out for many reasons. Coaches will recruit lower level talent (for their high level program) knowing many will transfer.

Comment

Completely agree. Being an impact player means getting more money and more play time. Targeting is everything. A reach school more often doesn’t work out for many reasons. Coaches will recruit lower level talent (for their high level program) knowing many will transfer.
                If it's a reach school, why would the coach recruit lower level talent? The reach schools have their pick. Maybe I'm reading this wrong, just trying to understand the logic. thanks

Comment

If it's a reach school, why would the coach recruit lower level talent? The reach schools have their pick. Maybe I'm reading this wrong, just trying to understand the logic. thanks
                  You're correct in your thinking. I meant "lower level" meaning still a strong player and good candidate but not the top. So larger programs will grab up 8-12 recruits with various offers for each and they know some won't work out. That keeps players from other programs and they know many will transfer/not work out. It's not fair to those players and families who see a program that wants them and they blindly accept.

Comment

And we are BAAAACCCKKK!

Girls DA returns to action with a U14 win, I guess no results for the 11 am U16 team game were available, while the U 15 lost and U17 lost 2-0.

Were there enough girls for the U16 game or did they all play U17?

Comment

And we are BAAAACCCKKK!

Girls DA returns to action with a U14 win, I guess no results for the 11 am U16 team game were available, while the U 15 lost and U17 lost 2-0.

Were there enough girls for the U16 game or did they all play U17?
                      U14 W 3-1
                      U15 L 2-0
                      U16 L 5-2 (I think)
                      U17 T 2-2

Comment

Are the majority of the girls rostered on these teams from New Hampshire

Comment

Are the majority of the girls rostered on these teams from New Hampshire
                          Majority, yes. Anywhere from 20-30% I'd say are from NH, the rest are from MA, ME, and RI

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X