Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I would argue that kids are playing soccer longer than usual because parents are more likely these days to tell their kids to stick with it than in the past. Many kids who are quitting as they enter high school now because of increased workload and interest in other things probably would have quit much earlier in their lives if their parents hadn't kept them in it.
    I’m going through this right now. Kid is a starter on the top team, plays a lot of minutes. Close to HS. Very talented but the interest is waning. As parents we’re thinking it might be good time to pull the plug and focus on other life experiences, academics, music, school clubs, hang out cousins and just not miss on everything else that life has to offer. Both them and us the parents.

Comment

I’m going through this right now. Kid is a starter on the top team, plays a lot of minutes. Close to HS. Very talented but the interest is waning. As parents we’re thinking it might be good time to pull the plug and focus on other life experiences, academics, music, school clubs, hang out cousins and just not miss on everything else that life has to offer. Both them and us the parents.
      I can see it and this is the age. Seems 13 is right when kids decide they are really in or not. All you can do is have the conversation. Good luck.

Comment

Good for you that your listening to your kid. Too many parents make their kids continue playing because it has become an extension of their own social lives. The fact as parents you recognize that the thrill is gone and they want to explore other things shows you re parents who actually listen to the wants and needs of their kid.

Comment

Just curious, how is the soccer program at his HS?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          Working...
          X