Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hey! I got my degree in epidemiology from Facebook, too! I'm having trouble printing it, though, as normal paper won't do and the store is our of cardstock. Could you send me some?!?!
    This may shock you, but every state’s public health department has epidemiologists. Only ours has come up with the motion that 75 cases per 100k over two weeks is the reopening threshold even when positivity is hovering around 2% and there have been a total of 54 hospitalizations in King County over two weeks (at 2.4 per 100k, well below typical flu hospitalization rates in any given flu season). And the decision to reopen movie theaters and bars, while at the same time adopting some of the most restrictive metrics for youth sports reopening in the country, isn’t grounded in epidemiology or common sense.

Comment

This board needs a “like” feature.

Comment

Inslee the tryrant wannabe is showing his true colors, he hates our kids and families because we don't give him money like the movie theaters his priorities are obvious

Comment

I love it when people complain about how there's no need to be cautious (or for restrictions) because the data shows how low infectious rates are in Washington (whereas other states and counties are hitting record highs with disturbing frequency).

It's almost as if the two things are related.

Comment

I love it when people complain about how there's no need to be cautious (or for restrictions) because the data shows how low infectious rates are in Washington (whereas other states and counties are hitting record highs with disturbing frequency).

It's almost as if the two things are related.
            Our rates have remained low despite reopening a random hodgepodge of adult activities (many indoor) and keeping them open for months. Outdoor youth sports should have reopened before many of those things, and if there's a need to close anything down further to prevent the spread of the virus it would make sense to start with activities that pose more risk.

Comment

Hey! I got my degree in epidemiology from Facebook, too! I'm having trouble printing it, though, as normal paper won't do and the store is our of cardstock. Could you send me some?!?!
              I got mine through a correspondence course on Twitter. #TrumpUniversity #GoYouFightingYams

Comment

My struggle through this is that the State, County, and city governments can shut down the economy but can't shut down Greek Row when everything is online.

Comment

My struggle through this is that the State, County, and city governments can shut down the economy but can't shut down Greek Row when everything is online.
                  what a sham....Inslee still doesnt know about Chaz.

Comment

Health officials in nearly 45 other states (many of which with worse metrics than WA) have decided outdoor sports are safe. Seems to have been almost zero negative consequences to their decision thus far. Enjoy sitting on your couch for the remainder of your life covered in bubble wrap if you are that risk averse. Long term care facilities should be an absolute bubble right now and I’m not sure why Greek Row is even allowed to be occupied on campuses right now, but outdoor sports don’t seem to be an issue.
                    Zero negative consequences thus far? It boggles the mind how stupid you are.

Comment

Find me negative issues associate with youth soccer than are in any way significant compared to the amount of kids playing throughout the country. I'll wait. You can keep hurling unfounded insults though. That's the true sign of an intelligent person.

Comment

Previous poster said "almost zero negative consequences," but way to conveniently cut a single word off that to support your agenda.

Comment

Previous poster said "almost zero negative consequences," but way to conveniently cut a single word off that to support your agenda.
                          Hundreds of thousands of people dead during a global pandemic, but who has the agenda Mr. ALMOST Zero Negative Consequences?

Comment

I didn't see a single sick child at training last night. Not one.

Why do you hate children so much?!

Comment

I didn't see a single sick child at training last night. Not one.

Why do you hate children so much?!
                              Well, I would hope that all the sick kids stayed home? Seriously though, this page might help: https://www.logicalfallacies.org/

Comment

don't both counties have to be approved to play for a game to happen, so moving your games to puyallup wont do any good if you are king county team and we aren't approved to play.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X