• Show
Clear All

Swc Girls

Pomp looking like the team to beat this year

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Pomp looking like the team to beat this year
    They have been a team a lot have beat every year

Comment

We'll never know since all the schools are playing limited schedules and the same teams over and over again. While I'm glad teams are playing this "season" carries limited meaning

Comment

We'll never know since all the schools are playing limited schedules and the same teams over and over again. While I'm glad teams are playing this "season" carries limited meaning
        Limited meaning to who? You? I guess you never played any sport at a competitive level. Every game I have watched this year, the players have played just as hard as past years.

Comment

Limited meaning to who? You? I guess you never played any sport at a competitive level. Every game I have watched this year, the players have played just as hard as past years.
          Poster didn't say limited effort but I agree any rankings are practically meaningless. Some schools have utter cakewalks while others have more challenging schedules. Without all the conference teams playing each other as usual you can't conclude much of anything.

Comment

Poster didn't say limited effort but I agree any rankings are practically meaningless. Some schools have utter cakewalks while others have more challenging schedules. Without all the conference teams playing each other as usual you can't conclude much of anything.
            While there might not be champions from a post season tournament, that is not the only meaning that high school athletes have for a season. I agree, the schedules are unbalanced and there is no point in comparing/ranking teams who do not play the same schedule (the same would be said for past years when people on this board compare teams in different conferences). The OP stated a team was the team to beat. For the teams that they are playing in their bucket of games, they might or might not be the team to beat, but to dismiss it as "meaningless" because there is not championship is a response that I would expect from someone who has not competed in athletics, or anything, at a higher level.

Comment

limited to the conference itself- they are broken up by location not by strength (or perceived strength)
              some teams will play harder schedules and others not as hard- you dont play everyone as usual- so it is tougher to gauge . This is not just the SWC,its all conferences
              but relax, you may still get your chance, rumblings of true conf championships are floating around- that would be nice if it comes to pass

Comment

While there might not be champions from a post season tournament, that is not the only meaning that high school athletes have for a season. I agree, the schedules are unbalanced and there is no point in comparing/ranking teams who do not play the same schedule (the same would be said for past years when people on this board compare teams in different conferences). The OP stated a team was the team to beat. For the teams that they are playing in their bucket of games, they might or might not be the team to beat, but to dismiss it as "meaningless" because there is not championship is a response that I would expect from someone who has not competed in athletics, or anything, at a higher level.
                Rankings = meaningless

Games = meaningful (except for non competitive blowouts)

Comment

Rankings = meaningless

Games = meaningful (except for non competitive blowouts)
                  Agreed. I would add the following:

Rankings (on this board or by newspapers who do not see all teams play): always meaningless, no matter what year

Standings: meaningless this year due to unbalanced play

Games: meaningful

Comment

Rankings (on this board or by newspapers who do not see all teams play): always meaningless, no matter what year

lol so true on #1.

Our school is playing extremely uneven competition this year. Disappointing to not have a "regular" season but I'm glad they're at least playing and, most importantly, so are the players.

Comment

Agreed 100%

Comment

limited to the conference itself- they are broken up by location not by strength (or perceived strength)
                        some teams will play harder schedules and others not as hard- you dont play everyone as usual- so it is tougher to gauge . This is not just the SWC,its all conferences
                        but relax, you may still get your chance, rumblings of true conf championships are floating around- that would be nice if it comes to pass
                        This article alluded to SWC maybe having playoffs. Any other conferences might have them?

"But there looks to be something to play for at season’s end. Although not official yet, all signs point toward three rounds of playoffs games and a SWC championship game between the South and North Divisions.:

https://www.gametimect.com/chimentos...-edges-barlow/

Comment

If a soccer season happens during a covid pandemic and no one is there to see it, does it make a noise?

Comment

If a soccer season happens during a covid pandemic and no one is there to see it, does it make a noise?
                            Every game I have been to other than the masks it looks like every other year

Comment

Immaculate first game of the season tonight!! Looked very average

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X