Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    agreed...not an nefc parent, but kudos to the club for giving it a shot...if you are a parent who doesn't like the rules we have to live with then fine - don't go...but why bash the club for giving kids who do want to play, even under the modified (and stupid) rules, an opportunity to do so...?
    Because I'm a miserable SOB and you should be as well.

Comment

If we ever get to the point where we consider making decisions on our soccer activity as to how it best hurts another club, I hope someone drags me and my family away from the game for good.
      Apparently you missed the point. The idea wasn’t to hurt NEFC. The poster said that players should attend in order to generate club revenue so dues don’t increase by $300 next year.

If we ever get to the point we consider making decisions on our soccer activity as to how it best saves other parents money, I hope someone drags me and my family away from the game for good.

Comment

As the coach of a CT team who has historically played in GPS Thanksgiving showcase, I will not bring my team to MA to play under these rules. I realize NEFC is trying to take over the GPS tournaments but until MA changes the rules back, I will not register one of my teams.

Comment

As the coach of a CT team who has historically played in GPS Thanksgiving showcase, I will not bring my team to MA to play under these rules. I realize NEFC is trying to take over the GPS tournaments but until MA changes the rules back, I will not register one of my teams.
          Your loss. And your players.

Comment

No one wants you here anyways.

Comment

NEFC has for years had a tournament the weekend before the GPS so they are not trying to take over however, that's your loss not playing along with the players where are you going to go now just curious

Comment

NEFC is desperate for $$. They will do anything, even it that is 3 teams participating.

Comment

NEFC is desperate for $$. They will do anything, even it that is 3 teams participating.
                  IS bolts tournament still on this weekend?

Comment

Why wouldn't it be?

Comment

Bolts, Seacoast, and CFC are all going full blast, as is high school soccer across the region. Good thing nobody listened to the naysayers on this board in late summer.

Comment

NEFC has for years had a tournament the weekend before the GPS so they are not trying to take over however, that's your loss not playing along with the players where are you going to go now just curious
                        I would add that the November Cup used to have all the age groups. Now they are breaking up the age groups. November cup for younger teams. Thanksgiving cup for older. Smart actually. It’ll limit the numbers and help with scheduling all the games in this Covid world. Hopefully it’ll get passed. My kids want to play.

Comment

I would add that the November Cup used to have all the age groups. Now they are breaking up the age groups. November cup for younger teams. Thanksgiving cup for older. Smart actually. It’ll limit the numbers and help with scheduling all the games in this Covid world. Hopefully it’ll get passed. My kids want to play.
                          I’m curious what you mean by “hopefully it will get passed”. Are they still waiting for confirmation they can hold the tournament?

Comment

Your loss. And your players.
                            I would really say it is their loss. Why would any team want to come to Massachusetts and play by these crazy rules when they are allowed to play real soccer in their own or other near by states?

Comment

Aw quit it with the "crazy rules" crap. Your whining was old weeks ago. Kids are competing just fine, although it IS an inconvenience. Alternative is not playing or playing out of state. I personally do not want our child to play regular season games out of state, at least not at our players level.

Comment

Aw quit it with the "crazy rules" crap. Your whining was old weeks ago. Kids are competing just fine, although it IS an inconvenience. Alternative is not playing or playing out of state. I personally do not want our child to play regular season games out of state, at least not at our players level.
                                Follow along so you don’t sound so stupid. The poster I was referring to was a coach from Connecticut saying he would not travel to Massachusetts to compete with our “crazy rules”. Why would HE go out of state to play by OUR rules? It was also for said tournament, not a regular season.

BTW- I’m not looking to knock your players abilities but some elite teams/players are not benefiting or developing with these rules and are okay with traveling out of state to play. If your child is benefiting, I’m am glad to hear that.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X