Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    If you took the best players from just those four clubs and created a GA/ECNL level team they would compete. I am not saying they would win every game or every bracket and yes there would be some fails, but they would compete.
    Sorry, but unfortunately that has no chance of happening. Look at the boys side, not even the Revs, who are MLS and completely free, are able to gather all the best players in the region on to one team. There are just too many variables: coaches' opinions on who the top players are, parents' opinions on who develops best, family limits on making sacrifices (time and money), and player satisfaction with teammates, coaches, & intensity level. The best players will always be spread among a handful of teams.

Comment

Yes, for some families, an hour, hour and a half or more is not possible to reach ECNL/GA teams. However, there are kids that drive from ME, VT, RI, NH to these teams. It’s a choice either way.

Also—keep in mind that the NEFC west teams are playing in NEP. I’m sure there are quality players on those teams, but they are playing in a division that is 2 levels below GA/ECNL. The pace of the games is different. Not to say that there are not kids that could do it, but dropping existing NEFC west teams into GA/ECNL (as the OP suggested) would not go well. Those teams could always play against the NEFC GA teams to get an idea of the level.
      There was a West National champ on the girls side from NPL

Comment

Yes, for some families, an hour, hour and a half or more is not possible to reach ECNL/GA teams. However, there are kids that drive from ME, VT, RI, NH to these teams. It’s a choice either way.

Also—keep in mind that the NEFC west teams are playing in NEP. I’m sure there are quality players on those teams, but they are playing in a division that is 2 levels below GA/ECNL. The pace of the games is different. Not to say that there are not kids that could do it, but dropping existing NEFC west teams into GA/ECNL (as the OP suggested) would not go well. Those teams could always play against the NEFC GA teams to get an idea of the level.
        Well playing against GA teams is nothing. The league is weak and NEFC should plow everyone but they are not. Sad affairs at Mendon headquarters

Comment

There was a West National champ on the girls side from NPL
          again not even in the top division though. it was a win in a second or third division of npl

Comment

again not even in the top division though. it was a win in a second or third division of npl
            Don't know much about the west to be honest. I'm sure there's lots of good players out there. Been through a number of levels with multiple kids. Currently, the youngest is playing ECNL and can tell you it is different. Games are generally very close, play is fast and very physical, and while there is certainly a range of players on every team and they aren't all superstars by any means, the average level of technical skill is pretty high and it's rare to find an obvious weak spot on any team. Like I said, I'm sure there's lots of players in western MA who could do it but it's hard to know with any particular kid until you put them in that environment and see what happens.

Comment

Don't know much about the west to be honest. I'm sure there's lots of good players out there. Been through a number of levels with multiple kids. Currently, the youngest is playing ECNL and can tell you it is different. Games are generally very close, play is fast and very physical, and while there is certainly a range of players on every team and they aren't all superstars by any means, the average level of technical skill is pretty high and it's rare to find an obvious weak spot on any team. Like I said, I'm sure there's lots of players in western MA who could do it but it's hard to know with any particular kid until you put them in that environment and see what happens.
              Very close? Tell that to the FC Stars ECNL team that got beat 11-0, or the boston bolts team that got beat 8-0. Every league regardless of level is watered down. Gone are the days of all the best players or best teams play in the top league/division. Its all about political alliances and jockeying for position. That is what youth soccer has become.

Comment

Very close? Tell that to the FC Stars ECNL team that got beat 11-0, or the boston bolts team that got beat 8-0. Every league regardless of level is watered down. Gone are the days of all the best players or best teams play in the top league/division. Its all about political alliances and jockeying for position. That is what youth soccer has become.
                younger stars team just beat them 04 whte

Comment

You’re talking about boys... can’t compare boys ECNL to girls ECNL. Not even close to the same.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x
                  Working...
                  X