Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How exactly are all the NYCSL HS age leagues planning to play?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most (if not all) HS programs practice 5-6 days per week.

In order to get the school season in, games/practices will be permitted 7 days a week.

So how are clubs expecting their players to practice 5-6 days per week and play 1-2 games per week with their school teams and still practice and play with the club?

I know I'm inviting a ton of "you're a wimp" and "did your kid get cut" responses, but 9+ practice/game sessions in a week is very bad for a young athlete's physical health and a pretty big strain on their mental health as well.

Why are we intentionally doing this to 15-18 year olds?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

In order to get the school season in, games/practices will be permitted 7 days a week.

So how are clubs expecting their players to practice 5-6 days per week and play 1-2 games per week with their school teams and still practice and play with the club?

I know I'm inviting a ton of "you're a wimp" and "did your kid get cut" responses, but 9+ practice/game sessions in a week is very bad for a young athlete's physical health and a pretty big strain on their mental health as well.

Right now there is no HS ball in NYC, Suffolk and Nassau so where is the conflict?

Comment

Right now there is no HS ball in NYC, Suffolk and Nassau so where is the conflict?
      With HS ball in the spring now that’s where the conflict will be

Comment

Isn't the NYCSL high school league for this fall?

Comment

Any high school player was to play in college should be playing club soccer, attending college clinics and playing with their club teams at college showcase tournaments. There is no conflict when you know what’s your priority. Not even a discussion.

Comment

Everywhere else?

Comment

Any high school player was to play in college should be playing club soccer, attending college clinics and playing with their club teams at college showcase tournaments. There is no conflict when you know what’s your priority. Not even a discussion.
              There are good players on good teams that have no intention and/or no likelihood of playing in college. And, get this, my local high school team sends plenty of kids to D1 programs that don’t play on “elite” club teams..

Comment

There are good players on good teams that have no intention and/or no likelihood of playing in college. And, get this, my local high school team sends plenty of kids to D1 programs that don’t play on “elite” club teams..
                That is a myth, if not, name some players....

Comment

That is a myth, if not, name some players....
                  my guess is brentwood!!!!

Comment

my guess is brentwood!!!!
                    Season already started

Comment

Derrrrrr- which way did they go? whish way did they go? Read the news

Comment

thank you for stating the obvious!!!! stop being a FKG P-SSY (it is rubbing off on your wimp wet nursed kid).

Comment

So, you have a HS with no high-level club players that send "Many" of those players to D1 schools.

How do you define "many"?

Comment

So, you have a HS with no high-level club players that send "Many" of those players to D1 schools.

How do you define "many"?
                            4 to be exact good nuff for ya?

Comment

thank you for stating the obvious!!!! stop being a FKG P-SSY (it is rubbing off on your wimp wet nursed kid).
                              I hope your kid resents you now because if he's bottling it up it will be much worse for him (or equally as likely his kids) later on.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X